Sign in to follow this  
Sakebee

Community Corner - 10/2

Hey guys!

We've had some pretty great initiatives by the community lately, so I wanted to call attention to some of these efforts and give them a little bit more recognition for all their hard work making the APB community more awesome.

First, we have a Halloween costume contest that was recently put up by the folks over at Breakwater/apb.social. There are several categories to choose from to get your creative juices flowing, and we have agreed to put the winners from each category into the Joker Store for Halloween! Whether you are a new or an experienced designer, you should definitely check out the details here:

Next, the CET group has been putting on an amazing tournament these last few weeks. If you haven't checked them out already, you absolutely should. Not only are there some pretty impressive prizes on the line, but there has been an inspiring community effort to provide quality shout-casting and coverage for all their matches. We have been so impressed, we are putting them up on our YouTube channel so you guys can catch all the action you might have missed (the files are pretty big, so it might take a bit before we have every match, but we are putting together the full playlist as we speak):

Their latest match is going to be held Saturday at 5pm UTC on their Twitch channel. Give it a go!

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

more community involvement, very nice

look forward to seeing all the costume contest entries

• Like 2

Can't wait to see what the submissions for Halloween Mayhem will be. Also huge thanks for uploading the tournament and giving exposure to CET and Blank's event. We greatly appreciate it! ❤️

• Like 1

this is nice. i like it, which shows it really is nice. something we've always needed actually. to bring us together and create things other than toxicity.

props to LO for incentivising the community to do things like this. let's see what the CET achieves.

• Like 2

CET is amazing, waiting for the finals!

• Like 1

The weapon restrictions are kinda disappointin i mean for what was all this nerfin on hvr and changes to jg when you not gonna allow them once again.Makes no sense plus both this weapons are strategic and fun to watch.Anyway the matches are entertaining especially covered by Kempington commentary - lifts the entire thing on another lvl.Another thing i dont like is the fact that we must watch on this minimal settings but theres not much they can do about it right now..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, gogol said:

did i miss the finals or they didnt play

afaik finals have been rescheduled to this saturday (10/10)

Edited by 404
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I miss the downvote reactions.

That's my objective opinion that I wish wouldn't be deleted this time. 😐

Edit:

What I mean, in case there is a need to explain it, is that I don't see anything positive on these initiatives when the game after so many years running is with its population at the lowest ever and specially when the majority of its loyal and creative players are gone long time ago. I don't feel this is exactly what would save the game at all.

It is good to see LO and Sakebee trying things like this though, as same as I could state that I appreciate the players involved on keeping supporting the game, but I don't think this serves any purpose at all for the community, is like looking at that "non-official-official" Discord with thousand members when the game barely gather a few hundred players and you'll even find that only a couple of dozens members of said community are active while probably half of them are not playing the game anymore.

I'm not going to say what the company should be focusing on, they already set their priorities long time ago and probably this thread is the final nail on that coffin that LO have choose to comfortably rest even before the transition from G1 to LO was publicly announced.

Also I hope nobody from the staff takes offense but I don't see how policing my post about the negative reactions missing was needed after dealing for years with these 3 or 4 everyday trolls that only thing they ever posted was just a bunch of non-sense unrelated comments that says way less than my objective opinion about how I'd like to express my dislike of this thread with a downvote and save all these words and time. 👎

Edited by Salvick
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this