Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys. If you buy 100 joker boxes each with a 1% chance of getting a legendary. Don't you have a 100% chance of getting at least one legendary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

Thank you.

 

- Azukii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the JMBs were implemented in a way that was less anti-consumer, they would have a system that ensures that, yes. However, the JMBs are as anti-consumer as you can be, and have no such systems that prevent infinite loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no, each box has a 1% chance that's unaffected by other boxes

 

to think of it another way, you aren't guaranteed to get one heads and one tails every 2 times you flip a coin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

63,4% chance to get a legendary in 100 boxes (1- (0,99^100)) :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, McL said:

63,4% chance to get a legendary in 100 boxes (1- (0,99^100)) 🙂

Thanks, that means next time ill get it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tootle said:

Thanks, that means next time ill get it

You are just trolling right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tootle said:

Thanks, that means next time ill get it

In case you are not joking, feel free to pm me and I'll try to explain it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its 2020

 

he can be a joker box if he wants too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear matt posted the exact % somewhere but I can't find it

but no, you won't have a 100% chance if you open 100 of them

Edited by ezmegaz68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ezmegaz68 said:

I swear matt posted the exact % somewhere but I can't find it

but no, you won't have a 100% chance if you open 100 of them

the exact number is 1%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your chance is still only 1%. Per box.

 

It doesn't magically multiply because you buy more. You just buy multiple 1% chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, Solamente said:

no, each box has a 1% chance that's unaffected by other boxes

 

to think of it another way, you aren't guaranteed to get one heads and one tails every 2 times you flip a coin

Gambler's Fallacy: If I have a 1% per box, I'm going to get lucky after 100 for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is 1 game that does it that way, apb isn't one of them

 

Warface!, Every "box" you buy actually increases your chance by 1% after 100 boxes you get 100% chance to win a gun. (apb does nothing like that however)

"If the Warbox has a Gold weapon as a possible reward, you will be guaranteed to obtain the Gold weapon after opening 1000 Warboxes of that weapon if you did not obtain it yet. The amount of boxes you opened is stored in your account."

 

It used to be 100 than the "greedy" new company took over and made it worse... but yeah same idea each box would increase your chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

There is 1 game that does it that way, apb isn't one of them

 

Warface!, Every "box" you buy actually increases your chance by 1% after 100 boxes you get 100% chance to win a gun. (apb does nothing like that however)

"If the Warbox has a Gold weapon as a possible reward, you will be guaranteed to obtain the Gold weapon after opening 1000 Warboxes of that weapon if you did not obtain it yet. The amount of boxes you opened is stored in your account."

 

It used to be 100 than the "greedy" new company took over and made it worse... but yeah same idea each box would increase your chances.

never got an legendary ... out of a box bought 1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...