MattScott

Threat re-enabled for Jericho and Citadel (SERVERS BACK ONLINE)

1 minute ago, TzickyT said:

my thougth is acutaly having 2 different districts one for silver and golds only. and one for everyone to join.

i m not talking about splitting the community as u can join a server with bronze silver gold and trainees. or u can join a silver and gold district.
what u are creating is a competitive district and a helpfull district.

my thougth is acutaly having 2 different districts one for silver and golds only. and one for everyone to join.

i m not talking about splitting the community as u can join a server with bronze silver gold and trainees. or u can join a silver and gold district.
what u are creating is a competitive district and a helpfull district.

Silver district is basically only for silvers and golds. For everyone it was open conflict that g1 released that none played

If they fixed matchmaking instead of separating districts by threat and decreasing the playerbase there wouldnt be any problems other than those people who roll over bronze players and hit gold and then pretend to be shit just to dethreat.

you either play in waterfront or fin with no choice unless you are silver lol

1 minute ago, Alani said:

If they fixed matchmaking instead of separating districts by threat and decreasing the playerbase there wouldnt be any problems other than those people who roll over bronze players and hit gold and then pretend to be shit just to dethreat.

basicly i am trying to remove this with my idea but yeah its ture about the matchmaking and u can't fix it with so less people.

Just now, TzickyT said:

basicly i am trying to remove this with my idea but yeah its ture about the matchmaking and u can't fix it with so less people.

You can, with phasing system. For now, no matter how you're tuning the current mess, you still match against 40 players in instance

1 hour ago, Lign said:

What do you suggest that can potentially fix that issue? Turning threat off didn’t work as many wanted. I was getting low lvl bronzies constantly as an opposition.

What about removing the option to select a server and the game puts you on one of 2 servers based on skill? Once when the 2 servers are full at certain %, have a 3rd server opening with a skill level in between.

• Like 1

Just now, HawtGirl said:

What about removing the option to select a server and the game puts you on one of 2 servers based on skill? Once when the 2 servers are full at certain %, have a 3rd server opening with a skill level in between.

So, you want to add even more rng to the current matchmaking, so when you join randomly you have to pray that you will have good opposition on the other side, because you will still match against 40 rng joined players, for now at least you know that in silver district there's high chance  you gonna meet good opposition

3 minutes ago, Lign said:

So, you want to add even more rng to the current matchmaking, so when you join randomly you have to pray that you will have good opposition on the other side, because you will still match against 40 rng joined players, for now at least you know that in silver district there's high chance  you gonna meet good opposition

It is actually less rng than having everyone joining the most populated server (in a case of no thread segregation) because you will be added to a lower or higher skill server based on your current performance instead of whoever comes first. 

Edited by HawtGirl

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

It is actually less rng than having everyone joining the most populated server because you will be added to a lower or higher skill server based on your current performance instead of whoever comes first. 

when everyone joining the most populated server, you'll be sure there're good players to compete against. and what to do if I want to join empty district to play arranged with and against my friends. What should I do if I joined fresh copy that is empty? Ram raiding?

Edited by Lign

Just now, Lign said:

i have no clue what u talking about.

i say that we just need a silver server like we have now. and a server with everyone on it.
if u call it splitsing of community than i think u have some issues. personaly i would like to help new players. with my current rank i can't help new players that easly as i m silver to gold. most of the time.
i don't care about competitive play but i know that people with skill want ot play competitivly. also i m prety sure that new players are intrested in learning the game but the game stil has a steep learning curve. i m trying to get both party's a good idea of what they want. right now i have no idea what u talking about or trying to say. or if u even get my stuff what i m talking about.

1 minute ago, Lign said:

when everyone joining the most populated server, you'll be sure there're good players to compete against

I am fine without having to fight cheaters who kills you in the moment you get in sight.

1 minute ago, Lign said:

and what to do if I want to join empty district to play arranged with and against my friends. 

Well the servers doesn't belong to anyone. The only reason you can do that is the lack of playerbase. 

3 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

i have no clue what u talking about.

i say that we just need a silver server like we have now. and a server with everyone on it.
if u call it splitsing of community than i think u have some issues. personaly i would like to help new players. with my current rank i can't help new players that easly as i m silver to gold. most of the time.
i don't care about competitive play but i know that people with skill want ot play competitivly. also i m prety sure that new players are intrested in learning the game but the game stil has a steep learning curve. i m trying to get both party's a good idea of what they want. right now i have no idea what u talking about or trying to say. or if u even get my stuff what i m talking about.

I wasn't replying to you in that post

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I am fine without having to fight cheaters who kills you in the moment you get in sight.

Well the servers doesn't belong to anyone. The only reason you can do that is the lack of playerbase. 

5 minutes ago, Lign said:

What should I do if I joined fresh copy that is empty? Ram raiding?

Edited by Lign

3 minutes ago, Lign said:

What should I do if I joined fresh copy that is empty? Ram raiding?

It shouldn't take long to get filled considering people won't be able to avoid it as they can now and 2 servers will always be the minimum. 

There can also be forced server swap after a mission if someone performs too good for the current server while another one lacks players.

Just now, HawtGirl said:

It shouldn't take long to get filled considering people won't be able to avoid it as they can now and 2 servers will always be the minimum. 

There can also be forced server swap after a mission if someone performs too good for the current server while another one lacks players.

It's too much, no any other game, even dead games have such a stupid scratches. As I said,  the only fix is phasing that will be hopefully released after the engine update

15 minutes ago, Lign said:

It's too much, no any other game, even dead games have such a stupid scratches. As I said,  the only fix is phasing that will be hopefully released after the engine update

What exactly is phasing? People keep saying it but idk what it means. 

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

What exactly is phasing? People keep saying it but idk what it means. 

Basically, it's cross district matchmaking. When you're playing, for example, in Financial-1 but the equal skill opponent is playin in Financial-2, you will still be able to get him on mission

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lign said:

Basically, it's cross district matchmaking. When you're playing, for example, in Financial-1 but the equal skill opponent is playin in Financial-2, you will still be able to get him on mission

Ok, I am fine with this too though it may become jarring getting moved through districts for every mission assuming that is how it works. 

Just now, HawtGirl said:

Ok, I am fine with this too though it may become jarring getting moved through districts for every mission assuming that is how it works. 

You won't notice any loading. If you played modern World of Warcraft, you will understand how it works

dont expect phasing to work as it does in other games.

this is apb we are talking about. plus the population wont even handle such phasing unless it ignores the NA/EU servers and then you will just end up fighting people of your skill level from different regions which means higher ping opposition or team mates. and apb servers are shit

22 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Servers are back online with the Valentine's Day patch.

This maintenance was extra long because we were moving databases and more resources into the Europe data center.

This also means we finally have enough resources to turn back on threat for both worlds.

Thanks,
Matt

OMG YES YES YES THANK YOU

i can finally reinstall and play

7 hours ago, Lign said:

What do you suggest that can potentially fix that issue? Turning threat off didn’t work as many wanted. I was getting low lvl bronzies constantly as an opposition.

At the very least, once someone plays so well they turn Gold in a bronze district they need to get auto kicked out if it. What's the literal POINT of having threat segregation if the hardcore GRIEFERS dethreat to get at the newbs, lowbs, and boomers... rickroll them and go insta gold, and play for hours and hours and hours rickrolling trainees, bronzes and low silvers?

Is it too much to ask that players who achieve a certain "level of play" are not allowed to WTFPWN newbs and casuals?  I mean, if the goal is attracting any kind of population back to the game that is.

Strictly speaking, to make a casual-new player District, certain items should be disabled... for example all joker box weapons... ursus, volcano, etc... since the POINT of a lower threat district is to attract and PROTECT guys who for the most part don't have access to grenade launchers and osmaws and whatnot... Fr0g, nano, bloody mary, etc... So, weapons up to a certain rank should be disabled and make it a proper NEWB-LOWBIE-CASUAL District.

I made a trainee toon to see if I could invite a couple of new friends to the game.... logged into the Bronze District, matched max rank golds with Ursus and volcanos... and could immediately perceive why the game population is dying... there is NOWHERE for lower skilled players to play without facing a game of literal extinction mode tryhards who stream killing new guys repeatedly 26, 36, 40x a mission.  Who the hell plays a victim in any game?  These tryhard griefers are exterminating the new playerbase... and LO seems incompetent to perceive what is going on or preventing it.  At least Tiggs had a cluestick.

Merged.

5 hours ago, Alani said:

It's true, and the original design of RTW APB was a much more stable matchmaking system... However, since then we have the pros who kick, grief, tk and trash talk lower threat/new players out of mission so they can call gold backup.  Seems the toxic version of APB lately is pro golds who only want to match up with pro golds and only want the weakest low threat op possible... so, not only is the matchmaking borked... it's exploited... alt AFK trainee accounts who start TKing when the op is losing to push a win, etc.  In other words, no solution will be good without in-game GM moderation... and I don't mean some joker who "talks" in district... but GMs who shadow or actively "play" the game and see what's going on... and work towards a more balanced game that retains players and attracts new ones.

Edited by Hey!

On 2/7/2020 at 12:09 AM, Alani said:

And how would they do this. Please enlighten me with your 300iq Alano