Jump to content
TheMessiah

so it's finally (not) coming..

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

yesterday , me being silver , still would take 5 to 10 minutes to get a match at times.   its a mess right now.

i feel bad for the golds forced to sit around. some waited longer than 30 yesterday and were just socializing in between matches.

 

 

 

dont forget the engine upgrade will not fix anything directly , but will give us the means to have a foundation to finally fix things , and of course new content like you mentioned

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 1/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, CookiePuss said:

You should not.

Seems someone makes a thread like this every couple weeks.

Someones gotta take up my legacy but it seems noone is worthy. Ah well~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Joined May 2015, you should be a solid gold player by now.

That's not how it works, you little s***. . /meme

 

Time played doesn't necessarily equate to skill level. Sure, everyone will inevitably become better over time, but everyone also has an upper limit on potential.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

 

I'm not a guy and yes it would make a difference when high skills go against each other and low skills go against each other , it should make a difference , as i said before many players quit the game cause they are not able to play it because they have to face higher skills most of the time which ruin the fun for them , nothing fun to go die only in every mission  right ? so when they have a chance  for a fair match , alot of them will come back to the game and the new players will stay and play more 

Even the most perfect matchmaking system in the world wouldn't work with the population of APB. The population is too low of a sample size to get 100% perfectly fair games going within a reasonable time.  APB currently uses the same matchmaking system that many other highly regarded ones do. The difference being those games have a better population pool. Any other matchmaking system that APB could switch to will give the same quality my dude.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Even the most perfect matchmaking system in the world wouldn't work with the population of APB. The population is too low of a sample size to get 100% perfectly fair games going within a reasonable time.  APB currently uses the same matchmaking system that many other highly regarded ones do. The difference being those games have a better population pool. Any other matchmaking system that APB could switch to will give the same quality my dude.

Ehm, the matchmaking was bad even before the reduced population and the lack of thread districts. The difference is that now is even worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Ehm, the matchmaking was bad even before the reduced population and the lack of thread districts. The difference is that now is even worse. 

Yes. Because the way APB matchmakes with half of a district means the pool is low regardless of the total population. It doesn't matter if APB has a million players, as it is currently the most you will ever get to match against will always be 40 (and usually far less).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Even the most perfect matchmaking system in the world wouldn't work with the population of APB. The population is too low of a sample size to get 100% perfectly fair games going within a reasonable time.  APB currently uses the same matchmaking system that many other highly regarded ones do. The difference being those games have a better population pool. Any other matchmaking system that APB could switch to will give the same quality my dude.

But Matt said they are working on a new matchmaking system ~ and im not ur dude ~

Edited by FluffyCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes. Because the way APB matchmakes with half of a district means the pool is low regardless of the total population. It doesn't matter if APB has a million players, as it is currently the most you will ever get to match against will always be 40 (and usually far less).

That means it is a good time to be changed then. There are just way too many limits. Faction, player limit and threat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

That means it is a good time to be changed then. There are just way too many limits. Faction, player limit and threat.

 

no change in matchmaking will benefit us without people for matchmaking to begin with , and we lost people because of no engine upgrade.

even now we have forum lurkers waiting for the upgrade before they come back and play

SPCT and Little Orbit said they were still testing from new bugs found, so it will be ready when it is ready

and when the upgrade  is put to live districts , people will once again play and  expect it all fixed just like they expected that as soon as Little Orbit bought APB

 

its going to be bumpy for a while but once the upgrade happens and then the plans for matchmaking and threat are done , we should see an improvement in gameplay , however much or little that may be

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

1. going against threat districts would only mean that u actually like  the no threat district system that is going on now

2. as i said before many players quit the game cause they are not able to play it because they have to face higher skills most of the time which ruin the fun for them

1. I never said that. But i do think threat is not the real problem here, matchmaking is

2. And how many new players quit because of you veteran silver players? Just like it's hard for you playing against gold players, it's hard for new players to play against you. But all you care about is yourself

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Time played doesn't necessarily equate to skill level. Sure, everyone will inevitably become better over time, but everyone also has an upper limit on potential.

Since gold threat is easy to acquire, yes i do think players who played for years should all be solid golds by now. It's not all about skill, it's knowing the map and how weapons work, also knowing how adjust to different situations. Learn from your mistakes, try different tactics. This things you learn from the game itself for playing it for a longer time.

  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

no change in matchmaking will benefit us without people for matchmaking to begin with , and we lost people because of no engine upgrade.

even now we have forum lurkers waiting for the upgrade before they come back and play

SPCT and Little Orbit said they were still testing from new bugs found, so it will be ready when it is ready

and when the upgrade  is put to live districts , people will once again play and  expect it all fixed just like they expected that as soon as Little Orbit bought APB

 

its going to be bumpy for a while but once the upgrade happens and then the plans for matchmaking and threat are done , we should see an improvement in gameplay , however much or little that may be

 

Yes, the engine update should be top priority. It will be also easier to do things once when it is there.

However it shouldn't take too much to at least bring back the threat level for the severs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Yes, the engine update should be top priority. It will be also easier to do things once when it is there.

However it shouldn't take too much to at least bring back the threat level for the severs. 

programming is not that simple nor are the servers. they are still setting servers up. you cant have separate threat without servers for said threat. thats what is going on currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 7:19 AM, NinaAzalea said:

I'm even surprised LO has been working on it 2 years and have gotten so far. For me, this is like a suicide mission. Yet I'm still hopeful, I've never seen anyone take such a task so I want to see how this turns out.

The real treasure they acquired is the lore and general idea that APB is based around. These assets can be used to create a modern, fun game. Which - supposedly - is being done by a small team at the moment (Australian, I think? If they haven't burned down yet, literally).

Keeping the old game alive and "progressing" is probably a minor financial aid and a major learning experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FluffyCat said:

But Matt said they are working on a new matchmaking system ~ and im not ur dude ~

Same matchmaking, just phasing between district so the system has more pool to choose from bro.

1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

The real treasure they acquired is the lore and general idea that APB is based around.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

 

I don't think LO even knows what the lore of APB is.

 

 

 

 

 

Also:

 

JuSt FiX thE gaAME. APb Has So MuCH PoTEnTial!

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't think LO even knows what the lore of APB is.

is there anyone who really knows it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fortune Runner said:

is there anyone who really knows it?

A small handful of people like me that actually cared about it.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't think LO even knows what the lore of APB is.

It takes a year of playing just to get to r225

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

It takes a year of playing just to get to r225

No it doesn't. You can do it in way less.

 

It is about 3-400 hours for the average person. 

 

Even your random person that plays a few hours randomly through the week and a bit more on the weekend will get it done in under a year.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The real treasure they acquired is the lore and general idea that APB is based around. These assets can be used to create a modern, fun game. Which - supposedly - is being done by a small team at the moment (Australian, I think? If they haven't burned down yet, literally).

Keeping the old game alive and "progressing" is probably a minor financial aid and a major learning experience.

ue4 apb has been shelved indefinitely at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

A small handful of people like me that actually cared about it.

so im not alone nice.

i dont know enough of it though

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

No it doesn't. You can do it in way less.

its not that hard at all lol

7 hours ago, Solamente said:

ue4 apb has been shelved indefinitely at this point

i do not remember that happening.

was it when the IP was sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, TheMessiah said:

I just read the last engine upgrade news and yea looks like things are far from public test.I was hoping we start this new year with that test but unfortunately not gonna happen.Too many things to be done..i guess not sooner than spring.The big question right now is what the hell LO can do about this slowly but surely /pop decreasing.I mean i log like 2 days ago and /pop was less than 500 players and was weekend.Like i dont know..any plans whats next?I doubt valentine event will bring more players.Im just worried for the game thats all..

We all are, sadly i fear the worst i love apb its such a good game. with so many things youll never get in anyother game. i just feel like they havent had a company that has the same love for the game as us players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

i do not remember that happening. was it when the IP was sold?

@MattScott mentioned it in passing in an older blog post, to the effect of "the Australian team couldn't make it work, so we're dropping it entirely" with no further elaboration. The current engine upgrade (which is the one getting update posts in the pinned thread) will upgrade the game to UE3.5, and that will likely be where the game sits until it dies for good (assuming it even lives long enough for the thing to release in the first place).

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 5:48 PM, Solamente said:

ue4 apb has been shelved indefinitely at this point

Well that's a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...