Y2Venom

Crashing on Spawn

Have a recurring issue in which i crash when clicking on a spawn point. Have had it for months, gave up playing the game. Installed it again, got onto the servers. But randomly if i try choose a pawn point i crash. It tries to run a report but is unable to.

• Like 2

this is still happening, anybody have any ideas ? ? I crash when chosing a spawn point after i am killed, it happens 1 in 10 deaths

Hello,

What graphics card are you using? I've heard this before with Nvidia 16xx series GPUs and 20xx series.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Hello,

What graphics card are you using? I've heard this before with Nvidia 16xx series GPUs and 20xx series.

Thats exactly the graphics card

I have the same problem 😢 I really need a solution for this. I have 2080ti OC edition and i crash a lot on respawn.. cant finish my missions :(

• Like 1

i crash a lot on respawn tooooooooo!!!!!why crash?
Win10PRO i9 GPU GTX2070 RAM32G
SSD500G game crash→HDD2TB game crash→SSD1TB game crash
Installd and Repair again...

If your screen freeze in spawn window u need fast minimize game and then go back to game, my friend with rtx2080super said that.

• Like 1

I'm having this issue too, nothing I do seems to work. rtx 2080 ti as well. 

If you guys with RTX cards have your game freeze say on death or whenever, if it only freezes, just CTRL+Alt+Del -> ESC, and tab back in and it'll be fine, IF you're in Fullscreen. 

This works for me, but after a while i'll eventually get a "Ran out of memory crash"

played for a couple hours yesterday - no issues.

I've not updated anything - or even rebooted.

Tonight I load into district, click the spawn point - and get the popup "Out of memory"

Merged.

I was able to load social - then load waterfront.... so at least theres that 🙂

I am having the same issue like everyone else except I haven't been having the "Out of memory" problem since April of last year. Whatever updates LO put forth remedy the "out of memory" situation. Now, the only pain is the freezing that's occurring right after dying/respawning and sometimes at random. I had an issue earlier on where I was just selecting the spawning zone in Social after loading in perfectly fine, an immediate pause then the screen had froze prior to rendering in the location. Alt + tab or Alt + ESC switching between desktop and the game window tab seem to solved the problem for the moment however, the problem reassert itself when choosing other districts to load into. 

@Y2Venom @Blondie check my post in this section maybe this will fix your game somehow its simple fixi encounter during enormous crashes i experienced after windows update

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 11:14 AM, TheSxW said:

@Y2Venom @Blondie check my post in this section maybe this will fix your game somehow its simple fixi encounter during enormous crashes i experienced after windows update

I gave it a go, im not too bad now. No Memory problems, still got the spawn issues etc...

Having a rtx2070 super i had the exact same problem too, randomly crashing/hanging when selecting a spawn spot. But its all about graphics settings it seems, with the right settings it can be completely crash free without any issues on spawn, just not the best texture quality.

Possible fixes:

Cannot spawn on map Instant crash:

if you experiance this its most likely that your config is corrupted - it can be various things best thing will be to use preset Config (i recomend to use Flaws config 3)
I have Crashes after dying in mission and re-spawning:
I have Crashes randomly without any Information (or with information which don't tell anything):

You should check APBGame/Logs/Current.log after your game crash to see whats going on and make sure to send it here so other ppl will easier helps you out (max last 50-100 lines of that file)

it could be the issue of memory where application tries to write things outside of its scope. ,

It also could be caused by one of windows updates to be exact "KB4552931" (this one and all of them installed at the same date - why like this ? cause i remember i have at last 2 of them installed automatickly by windows which started causing troubles on my RTX2080Super)

It can also be issue of exceeding memory limit of application which is 3.3GB (to check this go into APBGame/Config/APBEngine.ini line 86-87
there are 2 commands called TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects (which is time between cleaning memory using GarbageCollector) and GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb (which is amount of GB alocated by application before next cleanup) im setting first one to 999999999 and second one is most likely depends on somethign cause it varries from 2.7 up to 3.2 depends on PC you need to test that yourself by going into a map and checking if game crash by itself. I will also recomend to use Flaws config from hes twitch and selecting Minimal settings ingame (to set all values properly restart game after choosing minimal preset)

thats all types of crashes i encountered and which i remembered. There are propably more like wrongly alocated textures (setting them too small ex. to 1 or 0), also if game crash after splash screen its more likely caused by shaders :)

if you have any other crashes please send that Current.log (end of its file max 100 last lines) in here so even admins could take a peak at them and determine whats wrong.

• Like 1

Yea flaws config on low was what i used at first too, wasn't really happy with the way the game looks then.. but it worked to work around the respawn crashes.

I've had this issue since coming back to the game with a 2080

When it freezes, cntrl + alt+ delete, then hit task manager
then tab back in

works a majority of the time for me

This is an issue with apb that is caused by the game being unable to process 64 bit instructions 
It tends to happen with all modern graphics cards , especially GTX 16XX Series and RTX Series cards

There is no fix for it other than wait for the engine upgrade