Sign in to follow this  
JasonFireson

Extracting symbols

Is there any way possible to take symbols from in-game and get the png for them? I have a sleeve on my character that I want a png of so I can get the sleeve irl (don't judge me, I really like the sleeve). The only other way to get it would be a screeny on the client but I want the file itself so it looks a little bit cleaner. Let me know, thanks.

There is no file, your symbols are just an arrangement of squares, circles, triangles, etc. modified with colors and scaling. That's also how they load. There isn't a full file formed for it.

Your only way to get a .png of them is to open them in the symbol editor, screenshot, and edit them to your liking.

4 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Use NinjaRipper.

using third-party software

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Use NinjaRipper.

do you know what directx version the game runs in?

2 minutes ago, JasonFireson said:

never mind game doesn't run because software adds .dll to game files. guess i'll try something else. p.s. i dont own the symbol so i cant open it in the editor

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Use NinjaRipper.

Does the game even make textures out of symbols once displayed somewhere? Last time I used that I didn't get any of the player symbols around.

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

Does the game even make textures out of symbols once displayed somewhere? Last time I used that I didn't get any of the player symbols around.

I don't think people know what vectors even are.

22 hours ago, yood said:

using third-party software

Happens. 

20 hours ago, JasonFireson said:

never mind game doesn't run because software adds .dll to game files. guess i'll try something else. p.s. i dont own the symbol so i cant open it in the editor

d9

19 hours ago, GhosT said:

You can ripp Your while Symbols Select Menu is open. (useful cause ripp all togheter visible in selecting page)

16 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Happens. 

unacceptably

On 1/13/2020 at 2:41 AM, GhosT said:

There is no file, your symbols are just an arrangement of squares, circles, triangles, etc. modified with colors and scaling. That's also how they load. There isn't a full file formed for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems terribly inefficient. Or would making a "whole" symbol when we click Save be just as demanding on the servers/space?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems terribly inefficient. Or would making a "whole" symbol when we click Save be just as demanding on the servers/space?

Depends. 1 symbol can consts very few variables (like type and coordinates) compared to a texture data. 

There is also the benefit of shared resources for the same symbol used many times and by many players.

But it still depends how exactly it is programmed. 

Edited by HawtGirl
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Afaik it's easier to load them all seperately using a bunch of text lines reading loading positions, scale and colors rather than having every single user uploading a shitload of data everytime they join a district.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HawtGirl said:

Depends. 1 symbol can consts very few variables (like type and coordinates) compared to a texture data. 

There is also the benefit of shared resources for the same symbol used many times and by many players.

But it still depends how exactly it is programmed. 

12 hours ago, GhosT said:

Afaik it's easier to load them all seperately using a bunch of text lines reading loading positions, scale and colors rather than having every single user uploading a shitload of data everytime they join a district.

Thanks for explaining that to me guys, makes a heap more sense now. ❤️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Thanks for explaining that to me guys, makes a heap more sense now. ❤️

Except that s no correct.

The collage is just used by editor.

A symbol become a stand alone texture as it is after editor assembly.

4MB for a texture is a joke for a decent server and the load time is less than 2 sec (1 sec in some case).

Inside NinjaRipper, with F9, you can force extracting texture and in that case you see everything textured in any LOD saved in the cache, not only the "visible".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

4MB for a texture is a joke for a decent server and the load time is less than 2 sec (1 sec in some case).

Inside NinjaRipper, with F9, you can force extracting texture and in that case you see everything textured in any LOD saved in the cache, not only the "visible".

That doesn't mean it is more efficient though, even if that is the case. 

Your game will have to download and load an image every time when encountering a player who has a new symbol. 

Having to think of it, that is probably why the default models stays for so long when entering a new district. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, GhosT said:

Your only way to get a .png of them is to open them in the symbol editor, screenshot, and edit them to your liking.

There is a file, all symbols made in the designer are flattened into a single texture for use.  Same way characters are made.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, Queen of Love said:

Use NinjaRipper.

Ninjaripper will get you kicked from the game if you try to enter a district.

The only option you have is to put it up on a billboard and take an image of it.  If you know some Photoshop you should be able to trace it and cut it out.  You'll still need to use your character however since the tattoo system in APB is unique to characters in how it handles colors.

12 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

There is a file, all symbols made in the designer are flattened into a single texture for use. 

Ok, but you still can edit the image after it is saved. This means the game saves both: the objects position and the flatten image separately. 

2 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

Ok, but you still can edit the image after it is saved. This means the game saves both: the objects position and the flatten image separately. 

You can if you know how to use photoshop, but otherwise yes.  However the OPs question had nothing to do with editing it.  If you managed to export the textures, you'd notice they're 256x500 and the colors are off.

Though its common knowledge the vector data is saved separately.  That's stored on the server side but the resulting image from that data is stored on the client after its processed.

4 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

You can if you know how to use photoshop, but otherwise yes.  However the OPs question had nothing to do with editing it.  If you managed to export the textures, you'd notice they're 256x500 and the colors are off.

Though its common knowledge the vector data is saved separately.  That's stored on the server side but the resulting image from that data is stored on the client after its processed.

I still believe the image taken from the editor while editing will be better quality than if spayed somewhere. 

1 minute ago, HawtGirl said:

I still believe the image taken from the editor while editing will be better quality than if spayed somewhere. 

It will be but if you didn't make the symbol, you don't have that luxury.

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

Ninjaripper will get you kicked from the game if you try to enter a district.

Was working perfectly inside districts until december ,with just renaming correctly EAC after login screen.

( O u o)_ In this way i exported my friends for my birthday party .

UPDATE: Now doesnT works (>_ <'')/ 

why..

WHY!?????????

(U _u')/ This is absurd and no sense, i CanT believe do some nice export is a true problem in the daily APB list.

Now i'am realy disappointed & i really need go Shopping. (And a better texture for my buildings 😄

KellyholidayVisit001.png

19 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Well now I don't know what to believe, although the words of royalty do carry some weight.

Sign in to follow this