13 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

There are many contradictions in your words.

1- You say that there are too many problems and that a factory reset would not solve it, then tell me, why the game has waited 17 months, knowing this?, it doesn't make sense, don't you think?

2- I am not informatic, nor do I have any idea of programming, but if it is so difficult to pass data from one side to another, why is the game state and its libraries being sold "from minute 1"? , I don't understand this if the game needs years to work. It's like selling smoke or buying time.

The game only needed two things, a reset and a level limiter at 30, without touching any map,

With only this, the game protects itself with the materials that nobody could get since there is no level.  and the only thing that would remain would be to protect the objects of "marketplace" in some way as giving them all as "non-interchangeable".

With all that said, the community would remain active, the game would remain protected and at the same time it would have been an addition of "money (whatever any owner wants).

Possibly and seeing the words of matt there will be FE 2, but the great impact it could have has been lost, since the game has failed the community and the propaganda that generates this will always be negative. (about informatics, programming I don't know but about marketing yes)

Agreed, in some way some how the Little orbit team is stalling 🤷 . . If they have people think that this task of fixing FE would take years 🙄 it's another agenda behind it. {my opinion 💁} "They are slowly letting the FE community die off until there is no liking into the game, allowing fans to attend elsewhere, while they slowly banish the game. I believe their real attention was apb reloaded and they got it, clearly nothing else matters." but to those who keep up with this wait <fuss are not awake to their 😂 net surroundings ... #tragic 🤦😭

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, Hollywood7098 said:

Regarding matters *burp* 😳 . . . . . How about a Alpha State of the game state to explore, 💁 while other reproductions for game to be modified and enhanced in other other area,  for future gameplay 🎮 { Open a sector 1 and {2 <--- opinionated preferences} Upload a market with valued items and enjoy a bit of income 💰💳 for compensations . . . idk 🤷. . 🤦but a "Alpha Stage" would be wicked right now 👉 . . . 👐 . . . 👆 . . . 💞. . . 🖖. . . . 🤜🤛

On 10/17/2019 at 12:45 PM, Hollywood7098 said:

So,  basically your saying LO doesn't even have sector 1 complete for a adventure tutorial *cough* basically?

On 10/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, Hollywood7098 said:

Hey Kish, if your saying they don't have a sector 1 complete, your making them look horrible, hopefully your a team player and can understand progress containing the percentage of FE2 completion.

you do know the servers were barely shut down  when Little Orbit learned there was too much damage to to data from the old system dont you?

hollywood,    as long as it takes. thats how long im willing to wait. 

we all aint dying anytime soon so its all ok.   we should all want them to take theyre time

this way we get a good game. bug free, lag free, hopefully cheat proof.  lets just all cross our fingers and pray for the best. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:40 PM, Aroa Croft said:

There are many contradictions in your words.

1- You say that there are too many problems and that a factory reset would not solve it, then tell me, why the game has waited 17 months, knowing this?, it doesn't make sense, don't you think?

2- I am not informatic, nor do I have any idea of programming, but if it is so difficult to pass data from one side to another, why is the game state and its libraries being sold "from minute 1"? , I don't understand this if the game needs years to work. It's like selling smoke or buying time.

Nah, there are no contradictions in what I said.

1. a) First off, the idea of a "factory reset" of the game is total nonsense on its own, and as I said, wouldn't solve the problem that LO is trying to solve. Let's just forget this as an idea, because it doesn't help. I explained this in my last post. The problem isn't gameplay. The problem is cost vs. revenue and how difficult and expensive it is to maintain old servers.

1. b) Why have they waited 17 months? I can only speculate, but imagine two lines on a graph. One is labelled "cost." One is labelled "revenue." I can see a situation where they say "if the revenue line is below the spending line for X number of months, we need to pull the plug." At some point it just costs too much money.  

They also said that there's a very small team working on FE. That includes both FE and FE2. If I was looking at two projects (FE and FE2 are distinct projects and we should treat them as such), one that's losing a bunch of money every month and one that will make some money (that I'm spending money to develop anyway), there's no way I as a manager am going to continue shoveling money into the losing project. Take the people off the money-losing project and put them on the one that's an investment in future income. 

2. The problem isn't really about passing data from one side to another. I'll paint you a picture about how I interpret what LO has said about the project, and maybe help you understand some of the work that goes into a development project. (I don't do game development, but I do a lot of sort of similar projects in my day job, with more daily active users on a slow day than FE had monthly in 2012). 

Imagine the game servers like a fleet of delivery vans, like for Amazon or UPS. The vans are designed to deliver one product (the game). They are old. They need maintenance. It's difficult to find mechanics to maintain them and expensive to service once they find someone. They take specific fuel that's more and more expensive to buy, because only the old vans use it in 2019. It's hard and expensive to find parts. And nobody thinks the vans run well anyway. It was just what they bought ten years ago, and the product they were designed to deliver isn't even that popular anyway.

So you buy a new fleet of vans. The vans run so much better, so much cleaner, so much cheaper. They're easy to service and easy to upgrade. But now the product's box (the game engine) doesn't fit in the van, so you have to get a new box to make it fit. You can't just put the product (the game) into the new box. The parts don't fit the way they were put together before. You need to dismantle the product into its component parts. There are no instructions because the product is so old. So you need to figure out a way to put the pieces back together in a way that fits in the new box. 

The good news is that the rebuilt product is way better and putting it back together made it harder to break, and the new box is lighter and cheaper, and the delivery vans are way more efficient. You can serve more customers with fewer vans. The whole product is easier to improve over time and much, much cheaper to get to the customer. 

I don't know what you mean by "sold from minute 1" but I definitely don't think there's been any dishonesty from the part of LO. I just think that people don't understand how hard development is and why things take time. 

The game only needed two things, a reset and a level limiter at 30, without touching any map,

No. The game needs new server architecture. They said as much. They said the old servers are too expensive and too hard to maintain. That's the old busted delivery vans. 

With all that said, the community would remain active, the game would remain protected and at the same time it would have been an addition of "money (whatever any owner wants).

There's no added money if the game is losing money because it's too expensive to run the servers and not enough people are paying for it. 

Possibly and seeing the words of matt there will be FE 2, but the great impact it could have has been lost, since the game has failed the community and the propaganda that generates this will always be negative. (about informatics, programming I don't know but about marketing yes)

I get that, but the current community with the game as it is vs. the potential community for a relaunch... it's not even a contest. The buzz you could generate from "What if Fallout 76, but actually an MMO, F2P, and not Bethesda" seems like it sells itself. So from a marketing perspective, I wouldn't be worried if I was LO. 

This move makes perfect sense if you think about the entire project and not just the game. The part of the game you play is just the tip of the iceberg - only a tiny part of the decision to shut it down while they work on the conversion to a new engine. 

Hope this helps clarify. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, Julian Bull said:

Imagine the game servers like a fleet of delivery vans, like for Amazon or UPS. The vans are designed to deliver one product (the game). They are old. They need maintenance. It's difficult to find mechanics to maintain them and expensive to service once they find someone. They take specific fuel that's more and more expensive to buy, because only the old vans use it in 2019. It's hard and expensive to find parts. And nobody thinks the vans run well anyway. It was just what they bought ten years ago, and the product they were designed to deliver isn't even that popular anyway.

So you buy a new fleet of vans. The vans run so much better, so much cleaner, so much cheaper. They're easy to service and easy to upgrade. But now the product's box (the game engine) doesn't fit in the van, so you have to get a new box to make it fit. You can't just put the product (the game) into the new box. The parts don't fit the way they were put together before. You need to dismantle the product into its component parts. There are no instructions because the product is so old. So you need to figure out a way to put the pieces back together in a way that fits in the new box. 

The good news is that the rebuilt product is way better and putting it back together made it harder to break, and the new box is lighter and cheaper, and the delivery vans are way more efficient. You can serve more customers with fewer vans. The whole product is easier to improve over time and much, much cheaper to get to the customer. 

I don't know what you mean by "sold from minute 1" but I definitely don't think there's been any dishonesty from the part of LO. I just think that people don't understand how hard development is and why things take time.

Well said. 😉

• Like 1

I came back again to try the game only to find it gone......quick questions with possibly no answers....

have we lost out characters, have we lost our equipment, weapons and armour or is it gone for good or in some black hole limbo ?  

• Like 1

I don't think so.....  *cough* yet 

Merged.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, Doinkz said:

hollywood,    as long as it takes. thats how long im willing to wait. 

we all aint dying anytime soon so its all ok.   we should all want them to take theyre time

this way we get a good game. bug free, lag free, hopefully cheat proof.  lets just all cross our fingers and pray for the best. 

Wow baby 

• Like 1

For those that believe something should be up for them to play now I ask what your experience in programming is?

You seem to have such broad knowledge on how to fix FE that you must of worked on many, many games to know that in such a short period of time LO should have completed work on a couple of sectors. Just to give you something to do in your down time. Your knowledge of  Icarus must be astounding to know without a doubt how easy it will be for LO to port the game over to a new engine. You must of seen the current state of the coding and figured out exactly what must be done.

Please in your wisdom show us the extent of your knowledge of things obviously none of us have ever considered. Tell us all how to fix the issues in technical terms to prove you really know anything (because of course we  all know those crying for things now, this very instance are clueless on this matter).

Stop getting your panties into knots. Sit back and wait like good little children. FE will get back online 'IF' and 'WHEN' LO can solve the issues they have encountered and not before, no matter how many times you stamp your little feet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dracio said:

For those that believe something should be up for them to play now I ask what your experience in programming is?

You seem to have such broad knowledge on how to fix FE that you must of worked on many, many games to know that in such a short period of time LO should have completed work on a couple of sectors. Just to give you something to do in your down time. Your knowledge of  Icarus must be astounding to know without a doubt how easy it will be for LO to port the game over to a new engine. You must of seen the current state of the coding and figured out exactly what must be done.

Please in your wisdom show us the extent of your knowledge of things obviously none of us have ever considered. Tell us all how to fix the issues in technical terms to prove you really know anything (because of course we  all know those crying for things now, this very instance are clueless on this matter).

Stop getting your panties into knots. Sit back and wait like good little children. FE will get back online 'IF' and 'WHEN' LO can solve the issues they have encountered and not before, no matter how many times you stamp your little feet.

no-u.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, Julian Bull said:

text ......

Let's be realistic from the current point of view and what we have.

- There is no online game.

- Everything about the new game is based on speculation, which soon seems to be a Chinese job and the priority for LO is apb and not this game.

About the part of the caravans that you have explained is very good, but I have to tell you that the game "worked very well" at some point until some update was made, therefore "those caravans" were not necessary since there were more solutions simple to make the game "productive".

I don't think there is dishonesty or anything else, but lack of resource management and understanding.

The new company started by saying that its priority was apb (we all understand it) but after that the company has sold us a motorcycle with long teeth with hope (here comes the Q&A with nysek and the almost monthly post of how many file libraries are missing ) --- So why do you do this if you turn off the server, don't you understand? here is the explanation.

you say : There's no added money if the game is losing money because it's too expensive to run the servers and not enough people are paying for it. 

Look at the game in its essence "it works", it is productive (proven fact for many years) and I already gave the solution 17 months ago , and I don't see the reason why it hasn't been done, being a new company who takes care of it.

Since you want to compare with Bethesda, I tell you that Bettesda has done a good marketing, but although it has launched the game too soon and with bugs, but the benefits are there, starting from a base that is a game that has cost a lot to do . The marketing that I proposed would cost about "zero dollars" and would have taken many dollars of profit in addition to giving a notable increase in population.

You'll see how time makes me right again. If they redo the game and take two years, as estimated, it will be played for as much (30-40 people).

The reason is very simple, it is called lack of confidence and finally I tell you that what a company must offer in a game is not graphic power, it is not super fast servers, it is not giving promises continuously ......... .......... what the company must offer is a game that of playability, trust and positivity in a common project with its community, which gives benefits to the community (spends its time well) and the game (generates resources)

• Like 2

Yea all they have done is bait FE as if it will be a new server.........  LO tram is like the boogeyman 😭😭😭 ......... They are trying to drop the game period.........  You people should wakeup 👁

On 11/13/2019 at 1:24 AM, Aroa Croft said:

Let's be realistic from the current point of view and what we have.

- There is no online game.

- Everything about the new game is based on speculation, which soon seems to be a Chinese job and the priority for LO is apb and not this game.

About the part of the caravans that you have explained is very good, but I have to tell you that the game "worked very well" at some point until some update was made, therefore "those caravans" were not necessary since there were more solutions simple to make the game "productive".

I don't think there is dishonesty or anything else, but lack of resource management and understanding.

The new company started by saying that its priority was apb (we all understand it) but after that the company has sold us a motorcycle with long teeth with hope (here comes the Q&A with nysek and the almost monthly post of how many file libraries are missing ) --- So why do you do this if you turn off the server, don't you understand? here is the explanation.

you say : There's no added money if the game is losing money because it's too expensive to run the servers and not enough people are paying for it. 

Look at the game in its essence "it works", it is productive (proven fact for many years) and I already gave the solution 17 months ago , and I don't see the reason why it hasn't been done, being a new company who takes care of it.

Since you want to compare with Bethesda, I tell you that Bettesda has done a good marketing, but although it has launched the game too soon and with bugs, but the benefits are there, starting from a base that is a game that has cost a lot to do . The marketing that I proposed would cost about "zero dollars" and would have taken many dollars of profit in addition to giving a notable increase in population.

You'll see how time makes me right again. If they redo the game and take two years, as estimated, it will be played for as much (30-40 people).

The reason is very simple, it is called lack of confidence and finally I tell you that what a company must offer in a game is not graphic power, it is not super fast servers, it is not giving promises continuously ......... .......... what the company must offer is a game that of playability, trust and positivity in a common project with its community, which gives benefits to the community (spends its time well) and the game (generates resources)

Everyone who dislike this drowns in their ignorance. 😪

On 11/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, Dracio said:

Dracio 🙄 LO has brainwashed you........  Don't defend something that doesn't care if u slip into heaven by tmr...... They have stalled us out, lied to our mother and fathers............  They have inappropriately touched our members hearts........  Wakeup and see what's going on like fr dude.

• Thanks 1

I think Little Orbit should just sell FE to Aroa and Hollywood and let them redo the game since they both seem to be such EXPERTS at programming and how a game reboot works.

All I see that APB  here and there updates etc. Matt could update true FE fans about progress. Hate to be in the dark and not know. Yes I know all takes times and wont  get done overnight, still updates are welcome.  

• Like 1

Indeed after 2 months some news would be welcome...

• Like 3

On 12/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, Eric Cloud said:

I think Little Orbit should just sell FE to Aroa and Hollywood and let them redo the game since they both seem to be such EXPERTS at programming and how a game reboot works.

Eric, that is the smartest thing you have ever quoted all 10 years of FE existence. If Little Orbit will message me email {Snipped email ~@mayii} And we could go over the billing expenses for ownership of Fallen Earth, I will agree to it willingly. As, I also will have my contract and copyrights set. Yes, Eric thank you and you have gave me a excellent partner in business this can be done and hopefully they receive this news and contact me literally.

On 12/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, Hollywoodzz said:

Eric, that is the smartest thing you have ever quoted all 10 years of FE existence. If Little Orbit will message me email {Snipped email ~@mayii} And we could go over the billing expenses for ownership of Fallen Earth, I will agree to it willingly. As, I also will have my contract and copyrights set. Yes, Eric thank you and you have gave me a excellent partner in business this can be done and hopefully they receive this news and contact me literally.

Guessing you don't get sarcasm.  XD 

On 12/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, Kishoot said:

Indeed after 2 months some news would be welcome...

Yea, just a simple "Hey guys, we're still here and we're still working on the game, but dont have anything to show you yet." will be enough.

• Like 1

I hit Matt Scott with a question about this on Twitter recently (basically asked "Any updates? Would love to follow along, even if it's just 'wow we're taking this thing apart and it's so weird'") and his response was this: 

I have a couple updates in the works, but I want to be careful giving off the wrong impression of where we are with the project. Still in R&D and ‘taking things apart’.

Which is exactly where I'd expect them to be at this stage, honestly.

Again, I think people underestimate how significant porting to a new engine is and how hard it is to get oriented to someone else's code - especially code that's a decade old. 

• Thanks 3

On 12/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, Julian Bull said:

Again, I think people underestimate how significant porting to a new engine is and how hard it is to get oriented to someone else's code - especially code that's a decade old. 

Well, i'm somewhat familliar with gamedev and i do understand how hard (and time consuming) porting to a new engine is. But ya know, good ol' paranoia.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, Julian Bull said:

I hit Matt Scott with a question about this on Twitter recently (basically asked "Any updates? Would love to follow along, even if it's just 'wow we're taking this thing apart and it's so weird'") and his response was this: 

I have a couple updates in the works, but I want to be careful giving off the wrong impression of where we are with the project. Still in R&D and ‘taking things apart’.

Which is exactly where I'd expect them to be at this stage, honestly.

Sorry, my screw up. Didnt see what thread im writing in.