Mitne

This patch don't feel like upgrade, it feels like downgrade.

23 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Invite more people and make a bigger playerbase ?

I've tried my part and everyone I've convinced rightfully complained that the new mode is unplayable and left again.

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Out of curiosity, what would your elevator pitch be for APB right now?

I only ask, cuz Im trying to think of one myself and I can't.

elevators are better than stairs ?

I don't have any performance issues or at least haven't noticed but have some crashes now and then + disconnects.

As for EAC, don't have your hopes up, it's implemented badly, which is just amazing considering they had support from EAC devs as well.

But you know, APB has never been better than it is right now :^)

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

I've tried my part and everyone I've convinced rightfully complained that the new mode is unplayable and left again.

Hopefully it gets improved more to where its playable.

right now its a bit problematic.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Hopefully it gets improved more to where its playable.

right now its a bit problematic.

A bit

16 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

8 bits?

No as... not a bit, it's just damn problematic.

A bit it was after each past patches.

Now it's just problematic. And problems stack up.

That's exactly why I keep saying that the new engine is the priority here.

Not RIOT.

Not EAC.

The Engine.

A well implemented engine with a good networking code can remove a lot of invulnerabilities which can reduce cheating by quite a lot already.

Then it also gives LO the possibility to properly implement EAC instead of slapping it on the current mess of an engine.

6 hours ago, Thial said:

That's exactly why I keep saying that the new engine is the priority here.

Not RIOT.

Not EAC.

The Engine.

A well implemented engine with a good networking code can remove a lot of invulnerabilities which can reduce cheating by quite a lot already.

Then it also gives LO the possibility to properly implement EAC instead of slapping it on the current mess of an engine.

When building a wall with cinder blocks one still needs rebar for the internal support.

perhaps that is what Little Orbit is doing

On 6/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, Glaciers said:

ah yes, the old “i don’t have this problem so it doesn’t exist” routine

classic

Right lmao I love people who do that....

On 6/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, Dicht said:

@Mitne I wonder how bad your computer must be... that you're unable to play a 10 year old game on decent framerate. Or does your pc just overheat?

I got my a RX 580 GPU downclocked to 650Mhz. 4 FullHD screens connected to it while multitasking with several applications and playing apb on ultra settings...

Still getting more than 80fps in APB stable. CPU usage is around 10% ~ The whole system is not very expensive might cost 500€.

Yawns, Rn I'm Running a 8700k @4.7ghz and a 1070ti with 16gb of ram and guess what.... *whispers* my connection and fps drop when my ms spikes for no reason.... But when I play siege my ms is like 9 and smooth 170+fps

3 hours ago, February said:

Yawns, Rn I'm Running a 8700k @4.7ghz and a 1070ti with 16gb of ram and guess what.... *whispers* my connection and fps drop when my ms spikes for no reason.... But when I play siege my ms is like 9 and smooth 170+fps

CPU and GPU hardly matters. Clock frequency does tho. (APB still use only one thread or one core, depending on settings of your BIOS - and no, removing threads make overall performance worse).

While I probably won't be able to play Siege, pretty much even low-standard PC for 50$ should play APB smoothly without problem - with engine it have that is.

I have the same problem some how i get frame drops from 80 to 10 never happend to me before the patch, the game crashed everyday now after the crash he start to scan all files takes 10min to fully scan, its anyoing as hell, sometimes i just quit because of that. 

On 6/24/2019 at 6:59 PM, Mitne said:

CPU and GPU hardly matters. Clock frequency does tho. (APB still use only one thread or one core, depending on settings of your BIOS - and no, removing threads make overall performance worse).

While I probably won't be able to play Siege, pretty much even low-standard PC for 50$ should play APB smoothly without problem - with engine it have that is.

That's may correct. What matters is single thread performance.

Take a look here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

It gives you a overview about single thread performance.

Your CPU i3-3120M has a score of 1285. Btw: Its a Sockel G2 and easy to upgrade. A 4th gen i7 QM for just 25$ would be a great performance boost.

The Xeon X5670 in my build- released in 2010 ) has a score of 1345 that's not much more than yours and APB is working perfect on it.

Link to my cheap build: https://valid.x86.fr/h9dzt3

Whatever throttles your performance. Its not the APB engine.

Maybe its your outdated windows, GPU drivers, other drivers or installed bloatware/adware. Maybe even a mix of everything, but its not the APB engine.

Edited by Dicht
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dicht said:

~snip~.

I have an i74820k which gets a single thread performance score of 2,013 and I have mine overclocked to 4.5Ghz from 3.7

Here is my benchmarked performance in APB using standard APB, the Advanced launcher, and a personal config.

oxh5KsT.png

So yes, its APB and not the hardware causing the game to run poorly.

Also, unless you have benchmarked data about your performance, you are just guessing.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

lizard brain no win :C must be h4ck plz ban 50 money pc should play unreal 3.5 beta:Cc sad day in lizard kingdom - silly lizard 2019

Edited by Percocet

19 hours ago, Dicht said:

Your CPU i3-3120M has a score of 1285. Btw: Its a Sockel G2 and easy to upgrade. A 4th gen i7 QM for just 25$ would be a great performance boost.

Sadly CPU slot is integrated in my motherboard. So I would need to replace motherboard (not worth it and most likely won't fit at all) or new laptop (more sound option).

19 hours ago, Dicht said:

Whatever throttles your performance. Its not the APB engine.

Maybe its your outdated windows, GPU drivers, other drivers or installed bloatware/adware. Maybe even a mix of everything, but its not the APB engine.

Well. Seems it's time to slowly upgrade to Win 10 anyway. I would just need to move data to some portable disk and one day of free time.

8 hours ago, Percocet said:

lizard brain no win :C must be h4ck plz ban 50 money pc should play unreal 3.5 beta:Cc sad day in lizard kingdom - silly lizard 2019

I would welcome our 3.5 lizard overlords. Even if it forced me to upgrade.

Edited by Mitne