Garemie

LO should consider rethinking APB future

3 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

What I find fascinating and weird every time this topic comes up is that people seem to assume that RIOT is made to replace missions/FC, instead of being another option for players who want to play it. At no point was this ever said (far as I know anyways).

As for the idea of a queue system, it may just create more issues than it solves. Just imagine 30 people in a queue waiting for a single district to open a slot each for them individually. I've seen it said before and I agree that it's true. If more people would stop trying to spam into a single district and instead start populating one of the empty ones, this would be far far less of an issue (at least on EU, NA is a lot more scuffed pop wise to go with that approach unfortunately)

I think if there were truly 30 people trying to get into a district at that point we'd have more than 1 district active at a time. I see your point but I also know that if someone clicks "join queue" and sees "you are 30th in line" they'll probably go to another district of FC or something.

I don't think anyone thought RIOT was supposed to replace the core game, just that it's wasted effort. It will be in the pile along with other failed experiments.

Edited by Garemie

If I got it correctly, they have multiple teams doing multiple things. Working both on engine upgrade and RIOT + engine upgrade to UE4.

Also I think they were saying that the districts will be reworked as we know it, and we would be able to play missions with a guys from different districts. Its not entirelly impossible to do as it seems. I saw this in different game, where ppl could change the channels on the same map (to reduce lag), and it took only a few seconds. I think the similar way they will connect players from the different districts.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

5 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

If I got it correctly, they have multiple teams doing multiple things. Working both on engine upgrade and RIOT + engine upgrade to UE4. 

I find this hard to believe to be honest with you. I believe this is what Matt had said as well, but again, I doubt it.

5 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Also I think they were saying that the districts will be reworked as we know it, and we would be able to play missions with a guys from different districts. Its not entirelly impossible to do as it seems.

Yeah many games do this, not uncommon today. If they can't even implement  a simple queue system, then...

On 5/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, Garemie said:

[insert list of functional and life of quality things to improve here] is more important than developing a gamemode that (almost) nobody wants.

Amen.

14 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

What I find fascinating and weird every time this topic comes up is that people seem to assume that RIOT is made to replace missions/FC, instead of being another option for players who want to play it. At no point was this ever said (far as I know anyways).

As for the idea of a queue system, it may just create more issues than it solves. Just imagine 30 people in a queue waiting for a single district to open a slot each for them individually. I've seen it said before and I agree that it's true. If more people would stop trying to spam into a single district and instead start populating one of the empty ones, this would be far far less of an issue (at least on EU, NA is a lot more scuffed pop wise to go with that approach unfortunately)

I don't think that even on EU there's more than 1 or 2 people spamming the join during prime time.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, Garemie said:

The US server is essentially capped at its current playerbase due to 40-40 limitations and no queue system.

Phasing will be their solution to this issue. Even if you join an empty district you will get matched with players from all districts (of the same type/location, I guess).

I'm curious if they will (finally) remove manual district selection at the same time. Otherwise people might just keep trying to enter the full district, thus never entering the matchmaking pool. Just because they don't know any better.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:28 AM, SillyBear said:

Theres so many ideas you could spice apb with... i cant believe people is so unimaginative with the potential one game has.

Theres no even to do great changes... here goes a quick idea that ive got just typing: it goes as simple as having tier weapons. For example make legendaries legendary, they are mostly shit. Make people desire them. Make new tiers, you just need to fucking change its icon colour and give them some pristine name like "epic" -or some bullshoot like that, people would feel they are diferent- and give them a little more tier. Even more desire for weapons like that would be more rare and so on. That would revive the economy and make apb$ worth getting and worked on, that would motivate players to keep playing etcs

I'm amazed you dare to complain about people being unimaginative with APB Reloaded yet all you manage to shake out of your sleeves in your post is weapon tier colors, which is basically even less imaginative than RIOT is. No really, it's literally a half-assed copy paste from games like Fortnite.

As long as you intertwine your creativity with APB's premise and lore the sky's basically the limit and even a BR would be fitting. The only thing that could stop you then is lack of approval by the majority of players (including potential players, not just the hand full of forum dwellers and socialpaths that's left of this game).

Another thing is that content is not only weapons or reskins, car kits or whatever pre-LO G1 has released before they basically had to hand themselves over to Little Orbit.

I'd much rather see something new in terms of gameplay. And then I don't mean racing districts.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hey @Cyphered

you dare summon the olde ones

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

you dare summon the olde ones

Beware, red name lurking. 

13 hours ago, Haganu said:

I'm amazed you dare to complain about people being unimaginative with APB Reloaded yet all you manage to shake out of your sleeves in your post is weapon tier colors, which is basically even less imaginative than RIOT is. No really, it's literally a half-assed copy paste from games like Fortnite.

As long as you intertwine your creativity with APB's premise and lore the sky's basically the limit and even a BR would be fitting. The only thing that could stop you then is lack of approval by the majority of players (including potential players, not just the hand full of forum dwellers and socialpaths that's left of this game).

Another thing is that content is not only weapons or reskins, car kits or whatever pre-LO G1 has released before they basically had to hand themselves over to Little Orbit.

I'd much rather see something new in terms of gameplay. And then I don't mean racing districts.

Reviving economy is important... you barely understood what i meant so step aside please.