So Ive been playing without premium and its complete hell.

I've been without premium for about a year now. I don't exactly need the cash anymore, but I've gotta say the game does get very tedious very fast when it comes to levelling contacts (mission play in general, especially cooldown timers for ammo boxes or nitrous), or being unable to customise your character to an acceptable level.

5 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

remote det is a BAD idea, very expensive if you have 100$ spawn cars and no premium

I'm fine with it, I don't ALWAYS use it, about 75-80% of the time, but you cannot put a price on the fun I have when I blow someone sky high with it.

The only time I actually feel strapped for cash is when I'm buying mods and I'm too lazy to swap them off the current gun/vehicle or buying legendaries (and my gf and I bought almost all the ones we want, next on the list is the Ogre though).

27 minutes ago, notMateo said:

They may make up half the game, but I don't think that just giving everyone a 100 limit on symbols is good business practice. Isn't the higher end customization more taxing on the servers? Therefore, wouldn't allowing everyone to go past that 25 symbol limit just basically be giving away bandwith? 

All the customization is compiled into one texture per character on the client, so even if we assume that whole textures are being sent back and forth between server and clients, the number of symbols in a piece of clothing won't change the bandwidth requirements anyway (since it doesn't change the final texture size either IIRC from my brief dip into character ripping).

I am a f2p player from the start, relied on events to get premium. I'm not much of a designer, so when i needed premium I wrote to g1 support and   i explained how foreign exchange is weak in my country. They provided me premium for a couple of days. 

13 hours ago, Nite said:

All the customization is compiled into one texture per character on the client, so even if we assume that whole textures are being sent back and forth between server and clients, the number of symbols in a piece of clothing won't change the bandwidth requirements anyway (since it doesn't change the final texture size either IIRC from my brief dip into character ripping).

Sounds about right. I mean, it's an option.
Rather than think about "giving everyone 100", I'd rather think about a more streamlined customization set up that opens up more options to creators- outside of the scope of "pick 100 shapes and do your best". But for the time being maybe a modest bump is necessary? Idk.

It is not really hell, but not far from it. I have mostly been f2p, though I have purchased kits, clothing and other cosmetic stuff and premium for 1 month once. It is mostly fine but the progression is a lot slower. And yeah, the reduced cooldown is a plain advantage over f2p’s

I used my premium codes from loyalty. I came back on the day of LO TAKING OVER G1.

Right now i have bought a Condor and Hitch Hiker ! (around 3mil in total)

Yea premium + if you are kinda good player + using stabba once in a while= INFINITE LOADS OF MONEY 

woot i never noticed that the cooldown was faster with premium :classic_mellow:

I played with premium from 2011-2017. Past year haven't really had it.

I don't notice a difference unless I want to customize. 

On 6/4/2018 at 4:06 PM, Nite said:

Disregarding the way customisation is handled by the game clients and servers, it appears to have quite a significant impact on both. During the various tests of new server-hardware having a hundred newly created uncustomised avatars at the pagoda in Financial park wouldn't hurt performance at all. But 60-80 heavily customised avatars butchers both the server and client performance.

The customisation contest queue in the original game killed client framerate and made physics behave entirely wrong; I could push that entire row of cars with the Ceresco. Similar story with the goodbye-gathering in Social the day before servers shut down. The server would lose packets en mass and player models wouldn't load for an eternity.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, CookiePuss said:

DM me yer info. I'll hook you up on Monday. 

Any chance you could toss me one to?

IGN: Nexo

1 minute ago, Nexoo said:

Any chance you could toss me one to?

IGN: Nexo

yeah the other guy never sent me his info, so its all yers, I'll put it up restricted to you tomorrow morning for $1

enjoy! best used with Hunting Sight 3

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

yeah the other guy never sent me his info, so its all yers, I'll put it up restricted to you tomorrow morning for $1

enjoy! best used with Hunting Sight 3

sweet thanks man