IAmDisappointSon

[Poll] RTW's artstyle or G1 Engine 3.5 artstyle?

RTW's artstyle or G1 Engine 3.5 artstyle?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. RTW's artstyle or G1 Engine 3.5 artstyle?

• RealTime World's visual artstyle
    • G1's Engine 3.5 visual artstyle

8 hours ago, Spooki3 said:

30kunn6.jpg

Actual engine upgrade on a good day.

That's the console version. That one doesn't give an accurate depiction because the console version is heavily downgraded due to the fact that the console can barely run the game.

• Like 2

honestly, the video from asylum looks great only sometimes its too dark ... but i like the vegetation colors and the outdoor look ingame in general.. but honestly even their picture from waterfront with upgraded version has a lot of bloom again.. its annoying

As long as i can toggle bloom off again, w/e i just want the game to be smooth

I reject anything associated with the old G1. Fake news.

Looking forward to a streamlined San Paro. 

Pretty birdddd. Prettttttty birrrd.

We can only see whats the real deal, once we get our chance to test the game. So we can give our proper feedback to them, instead of making theories or assumptions here.

I hope this train leaves the station asap... :classic_ohmy:

(Sneak peeks :classic_love:)

anyone who has played for a long time is probably going to prefer RTW, but i like the new shaders a lot more

the current shaders could be a lot better if we just got rid of the ridiculous amount of blue in it, but won't be necessary when the engine comes out

🤔

On 6/3/2018 at 12:50 PM, GhosT said:

Not really a fan of the engine upgrade graphics, everythings so oversaturated, many buildings have been retextured into bright colors, there's palm trees growing out of concrete - AT A SHIPPING DOCK!

Not to mention that the game looks absolutely awful now that they removed the baked shadows, so there are absolutely no shadows under the bridge in financial or inside buildings, because that whole thing is a "shadow" already.

yep ugly suff happeed, and even worse when g1 did the comparison the pics they took as old ones looked even worse than they truly do, so they were kinda fake to make the new oens look better than they actually are. Not even talking about that huge layer of red tint they just plastered over the new one.

I just want a normal looking graphic without overodne bloom, some proepr light and no weird sahde slapped over so make a yellow look yelow and red red and blue blue, not the weird reddish titn we have now that makes a real dark blue puplish and a yellow slightly orange. I want it to look like in the designer.

the social comparison video doesn't even feature grass in the old ones and slaps look like like not even having gaps.

meanwhile my social

0hJ9rmx.jpg

where I can see every single leaf on the tree.

and take the vid from 0:33 where youc an actualyl se gaps in the old way, which when te vid later returns to the old graphics are compeltely gone.

meanwhile in my APB I can see the gaps a long range

WBqfYv7.jpg

G1 really did well faking that comparison with a low quality "old" verison vs a high quality new Version.

Edited by LilyV3

On 6/3/2018 at 2:16 PM, hypergoob said:

I think the engine upgrade version of day time looks a lot better than both live client and RTW. The night time is kind of a tie though. I really like how bright and orange RTW is, but I also really like the new night time in the engine upgrade.

fCXg1HB.jpg

ClP9ksR.jpg

The engine upgrade seems to have some similarities to RTW except this time it's all blue/greenish.

The bright and orange one isn't RTW's actually, G1 did that at the very beginning.  RTW's was a lot brighter than that and it was hard to tell when it was actually night.  Early G1 looked the absolute best imo.

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

The bright and orange one isn't RTW's actually, G1 did that at the very beginning.  RTW's was a lot brighter than that and it was hard to tell when it was actually night.  Early G1 looked the absolute best imo.

Yeah someone else pointed that out in another post 🙂

Edited my post to include a picture of actual RTW night time.

41 minutes ago, hypergoob said:

Yeah someone else pointed that out in another post 🙂

Edited my post to include a picture of actual RTW night time.

The picture in your post is still wrong. That’s a picture of RTW promo material. The actual game looked a lot different and cleaner than the promo.

posting from my phone, so when i can i will post an actual RTW picture later.

On 6/3/2018 at 1:35 PM, Xaix said:

Another video to remember:

This time from social.

I do really like the looks, especially at 0:32-0:33 but then again - I'd - if we are gonna dream here, I'd love to have APB a bit more dystopian. I mean, this is what this game is about. And there is not a single bit of trash lying around, like criminals run rampant and there's some vigilante cops on the street trying to stop them... and yet again, everywhere is just bright sunshine. The floors are totally clean (vs. think the new Dust 2 - okay, you only see sand on there, but... streets could made dirty by usage of blend textures (probably)

We don't even have any sinkholes anywhere, etc. pp. There is only some trash lying around... when you drive over the newspaper stand or letter boxes (or w/e they are called) (I mean, partially we do. Mostly around the bridge area in Financial, but waterfront seems like 99% smooth + business as usual. asylum is doing that better I guess)

I know, this sounds utterly ridiculous and it's not gonna happen ever in APBs lifetime but I wish we just had a much more fitting map to the setting. I guess it is partly due to how the game is ages old and technology wasn't there yet back then.

Currently it is mostly like GTA, a "normal-ish" city. In GTA there is criminality but not like... to the extent how it is set in APB setting/story/whatever you call it. (I mean, criminality has deep roots there, but I mean it's not set like APB) (Think of

and that intro speech of the mayor of San Paro.

(the one with "yeah there's your opinion and then there's the truth")

Edited by neophobia

On 6/5/2018 at 5:34 PM, LilyV3 said:

yep ugly suff happeed, and even worse when g1 did the comparison the pics they took as old ones looked even worse than they truly do, so they were kinda fake to make the new oens look better than they actually are. Not even talking about that huge layer of red tint they just plastered over the new one.

I just want a normal looking graphic without overodne bloom, some proepr light and no weird sahde slapped over so make a yellow look yelow and red red and blue blue, not the weird reddish titn we have now that makes a real dark blue puplish and a yellow slightly orange. I want it to look like in the designer.

the social comparison video doesn't even feature grass in the old ones and slaps look like like not even having gaps.

meanwhile my social

0hJ9rmx.jpg

where I can see every single leaf on the tree.

and take the vid from 0:33 where youc an actualyl se gaps in the old way, which when te vid later returns to the old graphics are compeltely gone.

meanwhile in my APB I can see the gaps a long range

WBqfYv7.jpg

G1 really did well faking that comparison with a low quality "old" verison vs a high quality new Version.

You can definitely make out some grass in the video (0:50)

I can't really tell in the beginning of the video but it isn't the best quality either.

I can see just as many leafs in the video as I can see in yours. As I said, it's not the best quality - but yeah, I don't really see much of a difference, except for some brightness. Maybe contrast is a little bit off too.

The new trees definitely look better than the old ones.

Also, mind the perspective - but I do agree, the video was made to create some bias towards the new engine - the reasons for this are obvious though and companies... well... do that. It's not unusal.

(sorry for the doublepost, but this is really not related to my other one, which was on-topic)

Edited by neophobia

14 hours ago, neophobia said:

You can definitely make out some grass in the video (0:50)

I can't really tell in the beginning of the video but it isn't the best quality either.

I can see just as many leafs in the video as I can see in yours. As I said, it's not the best quality - but yeah, I don't really see much of a difference, except for some brightness. Maybe contrast is a little bit off too.

The new trees definitely look better than the old ones.

Also, mind the perspective - but I do agree, the video was made to create some bias towards the new engine - the reasons for this are obvious though and companies... well... do that. It's not unusal.

(sorry for the doublepost, but this is really not related to my other one, which was on-topic)

Reveal hidden contents

yes at one very part of the vid you can see grass, but overall you hardly see grass because the video quality of the old record is so bad you simply can't see it. its just a rubbish comparison if you make it like this. I am not sure what G1 has from that kind of comprison it's not like they would sell a new product. and people woudl anways see the not so big difference ingame.