MattScott

Progress with UE3.5 / Integration

19 hours ago, GhosT said:

About the advanced launcher thing.. Saxtus isn't wrong. People use it solely for the FPS boost and for having an easier time finding and tracking enemies.

Am I the only one who doesn't use the advanced launcher's settings to get an FPS boost? My config is a fair bit more intensive than the minimum ingame settings, and in some ways more than the maximum ingame settings to my knowledge.

Not sure how it gives an easier time tracking enemies, but okay. I'm assuming you're referring to having bad textures or something? I feel like a new pair of glasses would have a much larger benefit.

19 hours ago, GhosT said:

I personally wouldn't like it if these clay texture graphics become an actual ingame setting.

Why though? How does it hurt you for them to be there? Lol.

When Matt Scott told us that it's ok to use Advanced Launcher, maybe he didn't think the complications of this, i.e.:

• Negative advertising of the game while live-streaming
  • Creating an unfair advantage over others that use the game as-is (easier distinguishable enemies with less clutter for the eye to track, smooth framerate when near explosions or other difficult to render for the current engine situations, etc.)

@Kewlin we are in front of the engine upgrade and the majority of people that are streaming during prime-time on Twitch, they are using clay texture graphics.

I will be glad if, after the engine upgrade, everybody will be equal and lowering the settings will not be needed or even better: not possible (with or without Advanced Launcher).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Am I the only one who doesn't use the advanced launcher's settings to get an FPS boost? My config is a fair bit more intensive than the minimum ingame settings, and in some ways more than the maximum ingame settings to my knowledge.

Not sure how it gives an easier time tracking enemies, but okay. I'm assuming you're referring to having bad textures or something? I feel like a new pair of glasses would have a much larger benefit.

Why though? How does it hurt you for them to be there? Lol.

Tracking something in color X on color Y is easier than tracking detailed characters on detailed backgrounds, especially if its dark and everything becomes black and hard to see.

That's been my experience from trying out clay textures.

And about such ultra low textures hurting me?

Nah, not me, but the game. How is this game supposed to grow when it looks like absolute crap on twitch and youtube?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saxtus said:

When Matt Scott told us that it's ok to use Advanced Launcher, maybe he didn't think the complications of this, i.e.:

Nah, I've asked him.

AL is fine because those options should be available to everyone anyways. 

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Nah, I've asked him.

AL is fine because those options should be available to everyone anyways. 

Did he say that clay mode will be normal with the new engine too?

Look, I know that I am repeating the same thing since last year in this forum, but I don't agree with Matt Scott's stance about it, and it makes me very sad that this is the official line of Little Orbit, with all the implications that come with it. Nothing less, nothing more.

Quit blaming low end graphics option for your game play, no one has any advantages, just the fact they can run the game better. srsly, your point is you can make out enemies better? this isn't walls my dude.

Edited by Doom32
no reason for the word crap
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, GhosT said:

Tracking something in color X on color Y is easier than tracking detailed characters on detailed backgrounds, especially if its dark and everything becomes black and hard to see.

That's been my experience from trying out clay textures.

And about such ultra low textures hurting me?

Nah, not me, but the game. How is this game supposed to grow when it looks like absolute crap on twitch and youtube?

I've honestly always had a harder time making out anything when my whole screen is basically random solid pastel colors, but I know that's just me.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:36 AM, Romique said:

guys they even cant merge necrova - and how long uv been waitng for the new engine?) i want to see that but - meh 

Not Little Orbits fault on merger problems.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:26 PM, GhosT said:

Some players also go that far to remove all environment/ambient noises so they can hear footsteps, which almost cannot be heard by players that have these sounds on.

I use the regular launcher and headphones and hear people just fine so long as no ones yelling in my ear.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:46 AM, GhosT said:

As far as I know the last statement we had only forbid muzzle flash removal, and everything else was ok to be abused.

Sure, the advanced launcher "limits" you from doing certain things, but there's barely any file check in the game and people can do what they want by manually editing and deleting things.

Tampering with files in itself is against ToS

Using the advanced launcher is not currently against ToS

8 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Look, I know that I am repeating the same thing since last year in this forum, but I don't agree with Matt Scott's stance about it, and it makes me very sad that this is the official line of Little Orbit, with all the implications that come with it. Nothing less, nothing more.

No worries m8.

We all just want whats best for the game.

For what its worth hopefully the only customization allowed when 3.5 goes live, is done withing the game itself. Not through the use of 3rd party software.

Edited by CookiePuss

On 3/22/2019 at 11:18 AM, Saxtus said:

• Negative advertising of the game while live-streaming
  • Creating an unfair advantage over others that use the game as-is (easier distinguishable enemies with less clutter for the eye to track, smooth framerate when near explosions or other difficult to render for the current engine situations, etc.)

@Kewlin we are in front of the engine upgrade and the majority of people that are streaming during prime-time on Twitch, they are using clay texture graphics.

I will be glad if, after the engine upgrade, everybody will be equal and lowering the settings will not be needed or even better: not possible (with or without Advanced Launcher).

I’m sick of modern homogenization in games. Every game company tries to make everything equal and fair for all players, make players a gray mass without uniqueness. It’s not fun.

If people wants to mess around in config then they have to be allowed to do it. If people want to play on lower settings, why not?

Many csgo streamers play on lowest settings with toxic colors because of 100% vibrance and everyone is happy to watch them

Maybe this game is not for you then.

Go play a game that doesn't have the most advanced character/car editor ever existed.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Tampering with files in itself is against ToS

Using the advanced launcher is not currently against ToS

It's been confirmed that editing pretty much all of your files isn't a banable offense right now.

I don't think it should be allowed.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Go play a game that doesn't have the most advanced character/car editor ever existed.

We weren't talking about character customization but about being able to configure the game cfg as you want

Edited by Lign

8 hours ago, Lign said:

We weren't talking about character customization but about being able to configure the game cfg as you want

One of the biggest selling points of the game, is the character/car customization.

When you ruining it by turning the game to an abnormal clay universe, hurts this selling point.

8 hours ago, GhosT said:

It's been confirmed that editing pretty much all of your files isn't a banable offense right now.

I don't think it should be allowed.

confirmed how and by whom?

2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

One of the biggest selling points of the game, is the character/car customization.

Why do people say this?

Where do you get this opinion from?

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

confirmed how and by whom?

A few posts by matt, and a few DMs people shared.

13 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Wait, but you're the one who disagrees with the current way the game is. . .

. . . so. . . if anything, this game isn't *for you*.

4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

When you ruining it by turning the game to an abnormal clay universe, hurts this selling point.

I don’t see any problem with it.

Many popular streamers play pubg and csgo on the lowest settings with eye bleeding toxic colors with vibrance turned on maximum.

And they get thousands of views.

Plus, the most famous streamer of apb plays on high settings and the most famous apb youtuber plays on ultra settings in 2k resolution.

And, most players who play on low settings usually leave a character customization in high quality.

Edited by Lign

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

A few posts by matt, and a few DMs people shared.

Ive never seen any post from MattScott or Little orbit staff saying that editing APB files was ever allowed.

Link the posts please.

Integrating the "Clay Setup" into the game would be actually good for everyone, with some minor tweaks of course, so people using this setup don't get any kind of advantage over players on max graphics. It would be pretty funny see on reviews that anyone can play APB because of the "worse then roblox" config.

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Ive never seen any post from MattScott or Little orbit staff saying that editing APB files was ever allowed.

Link the posts please.

I'm not going to dig them out for you.

There's been at least one reply on the forums, and a few more on discord.

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

I'm not going to dig them out for you.

There's been at least one reply on the forums, and a few more on discord.

I see no reason to believe you then.

Besides what game company would ever say "its ok to hack our files"

you dont sound legit at all