RoseTheGoat

Bugs with the new update?

After awhile with enjoying the Beacon and the Slay Bells event I can say that they do work as intended and it is for the most part very enjoyable. However, since the new update it feels like that the event itself is causing a variety of bugs for normal missions.

1. This one is probably the most irritating, for some reason players points of interest start to disappear, this includes Objectives you need to capture/defend, seeing teammates, and even seeing enemies! the band aid fix for this is to just simply restart, but it is quite infuriating for it to happen mid-mission and feeling lost without having to open the map. 

2. Strange hit registry? I've test this on a friend a few times as to trying this issue in multiple missions. Hit reg is known for being off in this game however, it goes as far as you having to question if it hit or not, even if you see blood splatter. it gives the appearance that the guns being used are outputting much less damage then they should.

3. Sometimes dying with the Secret Santa box weapons will respawn you with the weapon still in hand, however you are unable to shoot nor able to drop the weapon. eventually after (10 minutes in my case) the gun does disappear but rendering you unable to shoot or switch weapons is rather annoying.

4. An early Christmas gift for dethreaters? I been playing quite a lot as of lately and have been doing rather decent. well after a mission I had went down in threat to silver after a bad match with a 1.0 k/d. as it would sound easy to go back up to gold, I had went through 3-4 missions consecutively with killstreaks of 5+ along with winning the mission with mvp and still somehow stayed in the silver threat. seems as if going between threats have become harder in which benefits those who are trying to stay silvers. (I finally did get it back upon winning a mission with a killstreak of 13.)

Feel free to mention anything that I haven't mentioned on here, but I felt I should at least say something about these issues since they have been very common as of lately.

Edited by RoseTheGoat

42 minutes ago, RoseTheGoat said:

1. This one is probably the most irritating, for some reason players points of interest start to disappear, this includes Objectives you need to capture/defend, seeing teammates, and even seeing enemies! the band aid fix for this is to just simply restart, but it is quite infuriating for it to happen mid-mission and feeling lost without having to open the map. 

as far as im aware theres a hard limit on how many ui elements can appear on your hud at any given time, thats what leads to the disappearing act

dont think theres any way to change this since (afaik) the ui is plastered all throughout the spaghetti code of apb

44 minutes ago, RoseTheGoat said:

even if you see blood splatter

blood splatter has never been a good indicator of a "hit" since its client side only iirc

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

as far as im aware theres a hard limit on how many ui elements can appear on your hud at any given time, thats what leads to the disappearing act

dont think theres any way to change this since (afaik) the ui is plastered all throughout the spaghetti code of apb

blood splatter has never been a good indicator of a "hit" since its client side only iirc

Still, if that is true how come these issues are only appearing as of lately. and it makes All ui elements disappear at once. it doesn't seem to go back to normal til a full restart.

Edited by RoseTheGoat

2 minutes ago, RoseTheGoat said:

Still, if that is true how come these issues are only appearing as of lately. and it makes All ui elements disappear at once. it doesn't seem to go back to normal til a full restart.

ah my bad i thought you meant only during the event, the same issue happened with the halloween objective markers and team markers

i assume this bug is known, but if not...

leaving snow district while in a blizzard, gives you permanent blizzard fog until you restart the game client.