>AI detects the difference and report as a hack

>anti cheats cause power surge in your home

>everything on fire

>thisisfine.jpg

>phone signal blocked due to being criminalized instantly

> no emergency response

>burn alive

>least I got to make some silver cry one last time

Yea, but Matt holds the opinion that any cheaters above 0 means it is not up to snuff. Sure, might be a nice outlook to have towards improvement but it isn't very realistic.

10/10 quality greentext

10 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s almost like cheats and anticheats are caught in an endless loop of one-upping each other

how crazy is that

Solution ofc is to regularly switch and add 90 quintillion anti cheats

10 hours ago, Haganu said:

meme arrows on a forum haha why isnt the text automatically turning green

>"Meme arrows"
>REEEEEEEE

reee.jpg

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

giphy.gif

If only there was a support option for "This player killed me and I'm upset over it." Player still gets to go through the cathartic process of reporting someone but it ends up in the trash where it belongs and doesn't clog up the queue. 

This is why the /report command was so useful. Not for what it made Fair-Fight do but for endorphin release it gave those using the tool dis-proportionally.  

Exactly. FF was scanning and observing every player equally to begin with, so what is /report gonna do? Scan them more? Like it would be unfair if you could cheat and would only get banned once someone reports you.

• Like 1

The next step is faster response time to what does get through as well as cleaning up the garbage in /d. I've seen volunteer GMs tell people a bunch of times that hackusations aren't okay and it generally does seem to work, but I think that is because a good chunk of ingame only players don't know they have essentially 0 power, yet.

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Feels like a nice place to put this

1XGlzTc.png

shouldn’t this be a low gold/high silver who thinks everyone is cheating?

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

shouldn’t this be a low gold/high silver who thinks everyone is cheating?

All golds cheat and they keep the silvers from attaining their true threat level.

19 hours ago, Hollowchick said:

So the game got Battleye now, what everybody and their grandmother was waiting for, but you didn't really believe that would stop anybody crying about cheaters now did you?

So first we had Punkbuster. Punkbuster was utter sheit, I don't think anybody is gonna argue in a sane state  of mind unless they've been in a coma since 2003 and just woke up.

Then we had reports to the support. Bans took long and weren't all that precise if they happened at all. So the community cried for an anti cheat solution.

Then we got FairFight. For the first month or so people were so fucking hyped, everybody and their grandmother loved it for banning and publicly shaming notorious cheaters in kilometer long ban lists. People were stoked for about a month, then it was slowly creeping in. People were complaining about false positives and problems with FF. All the bans were wrong and no cheater would ever be banned ofc, the person they suspected cheating has been on for months and isn't banned yada yada yada.

Then Punkbuster acted up. So everybody was complaining all of a sudden. To be fair: Evenbalance is a freaking joke and Punkbuster belonged in a graveyard roughly 8 years prior already. So they removed Punkbuster. And people were crying cause all Punkbuster-bans were lifted and the massive amount of 3 cheaters that Punkbuster banned over these years were released.

So LO took over and at this point the cries for another proper anti cheat were about as loud as a starting fighter jet.
And LO delivered. With Battleye, an anti cheat which was not demanded but practically ransomed by the community. And we got it. Low and behold everybody and their grandmother was praising it for about a month when it first came. Praise to be held over the combination of FairFight and Battleye, two of the best anti-cheat systems on the market right now. Everything was perfect.
But then ofc people started crying about THAT too. They saw cheaters and hekler chet blyat. Aimboot valhak treggerboat, everybody cheat)))

Cracks me up every time. Wonder what it takes to please some people.

VAC support in 2021 guys.

The entire game client is compromised.  No anti-cheat system is going to actually work until the engine upgrade. Innova's proprietary anticheat and in-game GMs who spectated the game was the most effective iteration of APB... they did a lot of things right, lower subscription, lower Armas prices (well their version of Armas), gun mods that people enjoyed, even giveaways. No system is perfect, but that came close.  The best we can hope for is a new coded game in conjunction with a good anticheat, and some proprietary protections to the files and perhaps some random in-game GMs to spectate the suspicious. If they do that, this game just might come back to life.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB doesn't have any more of a cheater problem than any other F2P shooter. It does however have a hackusation problem.

coming from someone who used to cheat.....huh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Thought we already went over this.

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Thought we already went over this.

We did yet you're still here being a hypocrite so I'm still here calling you out. 

Just now, LordVegeta said:

We did yet you're still here being a hypocrite so I'm still here calling you out. 

Oh no. I've been exposed. What will I ever do.

8 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

Sorry, but can you either provide some kind of proof or I dunno... give it up?

11 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oh no. I've been exposed. What will I ever do.

Hopefully stop being a hypocrite but that will probably never happen

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry, but can you either provide some kind of proof or I dunno... give it up?

I do enjoy how Vegata has pretty much proven the point of this thread.

• Like 1

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I do enjoy how Vegata has pretty much proven the point of this thread.

Well Zombie you and I both know the truth so that's all that matters to me honestly. Rest In Pepperonis

Just now, LordVegeta said:

Well Zombie you and I both know the truth so that's all that matters to me honestly. Rest In Pepperonis

Seems only one of us does. But hey, at least I didn't main shotguns for 6 years and still can't use them properly.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Seems only one of us does. But hey, at least I didn't main shotguns for 6 years and still can't use them properly.

No, both of us definitely know. It just that you dont want to admit it which is fine, but thats why I'm here buddy. 

You're just jealous because I use shotguns better than you and Im a better player. 

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

at least I didn't main shotguns for 6 years and still can't use them properly.

xIDwr4J.gif

2 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

No, both of us definitely know. It just that you dont want to admit it which is fine, but thats why I'm here buddy. 

You're just jealous because I use shotguns better than you and Im a better player. 

I miss those days on Colby of me and Sov, or whatever other clans I've been in, wiping the floor with you. Then you would rage switch to shotgun and still go neg. Felt good. Still does.

I miss those days on Colby of me and Sov, or whatever other clans I've been in, wiping the floor with you. Then you would rage switch to shotgun and still go neg. Felt good. Still does.

Oh I know those days so well. When I would roll in with my CSG and steamroll everyone literally. And then your account vanished. Riperino in the accounterino. 

1 minute ago, LordVegeta said:

Oh I know those days so well. When I would roll in with my CSG and steamroll everyone literally. And then your account vanished. Riperino in the accounterino. 

When did my account vanish?

When did my account vanish?

Why are you asking me that questions. You already know the answer, it's your account lol 

2 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Why are you asking me that questions. You already know the answer, it's your account lol 

I must have forgotten. Silly me.

Is weird though. Because you said I was unbanned in the FairFight unbanning wave. But I never showed up on FairFight and have videos/screenshots of me playing right up to the unbanning. And all my money/joker tickets are there still. Odd.

are we doing this again?

jesus christ vegeta why have you chosen to be the posterchild for low silvers who spam /report when anyone kills them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

are we doing this again?

jesus christ vegeta why have you chosen to be the posterchild for low silvers who spam /report when anyone kills them

Y7FWWOI.gif

14 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I must have forgotten. Silly me.

Is weird though. Because you said I was unbanned in the FairFight unbanning wave. But I never showed up on FairFight and have videos/screenshots of me playing right up to the unbanning. And all my money/joker tickets are there still. Odd.

No you didn't forget. Like I said you just dont admit it which is fine thats why I'm here buddy. 

Not all people were banned through fairfight, people that were unbanned kept all their money/tickets so thats irrelevant. Not odd at all. 

nicetryguy

Sign in to follow this