Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thial

@LittleOrbit Are we allowed to use the Mouse Fix ?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

who are those "more" ons?

few people on the forum + few of my steam friends. In this very thread you have 3 people including me saying that there is a difference. Additionally I don't think it would be a big deal for LO to just apply the mouse fix by default by changing their default files. Even if some would claim that it's placebo it definitely wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Thial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a .ini file so I'm pretty sure BE won't ban you for it, and it changes alot of things. Mouse feels alot smoother and even the sens. feels alot faster, not sure if I use a diffrent mouse fix but it's feels more comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's placebo, get over it, no scientific way of testing.

13 hours ago, indi said:

That is called placebo my friend, from a technical standpoint this "fix" does nothing and hasn't done anything for years.

what im curious about though is where you got this "technical standpoint" info from?

Edited by 悲しい春
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:

it's placebo, get over it, no scientific way of testing.

what im curious though is where you got this "technical standpoint" info from?

Because anyone with a pulse can see it changes nothing in-game, and the fact the "fix" stopped working over 4 years ago for those of us who used to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mouse imputs feel perfect, no lag, acceleration, anything, with and without the fix. I feel 0 difference. It's just a placebo. And for people saying "I 100% feel a difference!" well that's exactly what a placebo is. You are 100% sure you feel a difference even though there is non. Using it is just an unnecessary risks. 

Edited by xSagittiSx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mhhh, this makes me Question if I should keep using my Chatter fix tool that runs in the background, all it does is delete double clicked keys in a certain time frame.

Wonder if BE will flag it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 6:15 PM, indi said:

Because anyone with a pulse can see it changes nothing in-game, and the fact the "fix" stopped working over 4 years ago for those of us who used to use it.

You don't even play APB.... You suck at WOW by the way on stream. You're Burvs "bois" used to use the mouse fix and you did too. The mouse fix is not a placebo. ~_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 11:13 PM, Tsumori said:

It's a .ini file so I'm pretty sure BE won't ban you for it, and it changes alot of things. Mouse feels alot smoother and even the sens. feels alot faster, not sure if I use a diffrent mouse fix but it's feels more comfortable.

That's the case for most edits, but people are still paranoid.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:54 AM, Xnax said:

so it wont ban if i ever use it?

It will not.

On 6/1/2018 at 7:36 AM, ninetenduh said:

Mhhh, this makes me Question if I should keep using my Chatter fix tool that runs in the background, all it does is delete double clicked keys in a certain time frame.

Wonder if BE will flag it.

A tool that intercepts key pressing? Oof. I would mail BE and ask tbh.

1 hour ago, Kivron said:

You don't even play APB.... You suck at WOW by the way on stream. You're Burvs "bois" used to use the mouse fix and you did too. The mouse fix is not a placebo. ~_^

Got 'em! -_^

Everyone used to use it, until it got fixed/changed. So using that as your argument doesn't really work, since he stated that in his own post.. ^-^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I wrote in another thread. If you actually put some effort in and install the mouse fix you will instantly notice that your sensitivity will be twice as fast and that definitely means that APB still relies on what is set in BaseInput.ini therefore it's still working. Now the question is what's working and what's not. I've asked all of my friends who actively use it and somehow all of them including me say that there is a slight difference. Even people on the forum who still use it are using it because as some people said without it, the mouse input feels off. By default mouse smoothing is also enabled in BaseInput.ini even if you have it unchecked in the game. I know that you just can't wait to post another placebo comment but if the changes in BaseInput.ini actually affect the sensitivity then I wouldn't be surprised if acceleration and smoothing in that file also still affect the mouse input. And as I said multiple times I've tested the game with and without the fix and without the fix mouse input felt heavier, not sure if it's because of the acceleration or some internal smoothing is being applied, but after applying the fix the mouse input felt a lot more responsive. Just as if you started using raw input from csgo

Edited by Thial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thial said:

As I wrote in another thread. If you actually put some effort in and install the mouse fix you will instantly notice that your sensitivity will be twice as fast and that definitely means that APB still relies on what is set in BaseInput.ini therefore it's still working. Now the question is what's working and what's not. I've asked all of my friends who actively use it and somehow all of them including me say that there is a slight difference. Even people on the forum who still use it are using it because as some people said without it, the mouse input feels off. By default mouse smoothing is also enabled in BaseInput.ini even if you have it unchecked in the game. I know that you just can't wait to post another placebo comment but if the changes in BaseInput.ini actually affect the sensitivity then I wouldn't be surprised if acceleration and smoothing in that file also still affect the mouse input. And as I said multiple times I've tested the game with and without the fix and without the fix mouse input felt heavier, not sure if it's because of the acceleration or some internal smoothing is being applied, but after applying the fix the mouse input felt a lot more responsive. Just as if you started using raw input from csgo

 

That is because you write "Speed=2.0". Literally the only variable that works. Mouse fix is not required and the in-game option fixes it. Speed=2.0 is not needed either and doesn't fix anything.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had installed the "fix" a week ago for the first time since 2012, I didn't notice any difference. Now with the BE announcement I play on a fresh install for safety and I still don't notice anything missing. I'm fairly certain it does nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Vanille said:

I had installed the "fix" a week ago for the first time since 2012, I didn't notice any difference. Now with the BE announcement I play on a fresh install for safety and I still don't notice anything missing. I'm fairly certain it does nothing.

I can also now confirm this^^ i removed this "fix" a few days ago.

 

the only thing i have had to do is find the right dpi and sensitivity settings again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I remember trying the "Fix" a while back and didn't notice a single difference except having to change my sensitivity. Other then that, turning off "Smooth frame rate" and Vsync and I literally have zero acceleration.

 

Whether I'm swiping my mouse as fast as I can, and then SLOOOOOOWWWLWLLLLYYYYY bringing it back, it'll always end up in the same spot. 

^ That's what no acceleration does. I feel like a huge amount of people don't even understand that aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve edited an .ini file and changed the variable ‘threat’ to equal ‘gold’ may I please keep this fix? 😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...