Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Mission Objective Vehicles should look visually unique

Some missions in the game require you to hijack a variety of cars - among which are included the Kurai, the Moirai, the Vegas G20 and the Fresno

Objective vehicles in general should look visually unique - in the case of cars like the Sentinel, the Varzuga or the Cosenza, you could have them use an uncommon paintjob and maybe some custom rims, while the above cars could be remodeled to include some of the unique kits they have (Vegas Mercury, Fresno Fastline, Moirai FormXtend etc...)

This will make it even easier to tell these cars apart in traffic, especially if you are out-of-mission - no more breathing a sigh of relief upon sighting a lone car in the street - only to see Not Usable at the bottom of your screen.

• Like 6

This suggestion actually kind of makes sense. Looking at a couple of car-focused missions, they could use unique paintjobs, even if just as a "story" development. For example, "The Fast and The Incarcerated" has the Enforcer team impound cars which are explicitly stated in the mission description to be cars used by Criminals in street races - and racing cars (even the illegal ones) are usually known for their flashiness and vibrant visual tuning.
Hell, you could even squeeze a community contest out of this - allow the players to design paintjobs for mission-specific cars, and winners get to see their stuff in the missions (and if that's not enough, give them Armas items as rewards, like visual kits and such).

Realistically speaking, is there any downside to this idea?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, MartinPL said:

Realistically speaking, is there any downside to this idea?

More work for the developers & I don't know how the game handles spawning cars

I remember hearing we couldn't get more traffic variants because there's only a set amount of types of cars that can be spawned on the map. This might interfere with it

I have absolutely no experience in this area, but I suppose it should be possible to spawn in unique variants of cars - after all, Balkan Kolva can spawn in multiple variants. Plus, the game can already distinguish which cars are being used in a mission (see: the "Not Usable" text).

As a sidenote, even older GTA games had the functionality of spawning unique car models for specific missions (like GTA III and the "Dead Skunk in the Trunk" mission, where the Manana the player has to drive to a crusher uses a unique model with a corpse of a Forelli gang member in the trunk). My best guess is that APB's engine could also handle this functionality, or a similar system.

this would make it easier to find the vehicle after it’s been broken into but not delivered

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

this would make it easier to find the vehicle after it’s been broken into but not delivered

I don't see that as a bad thing honestly

4 hours ago, Nitronik said:
I don't see that as a bad thing honestly
easily one of the worst mission designs are the ones that give the opposition a marker on the vehicle that has to be delivered imo, this change would make the rare stages where vehicles arent marked just a little bit more annoying
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
easily one of the worst mission designs are the ones that give the opposition a marker on the vehicle that has to be delivered imo, this change would make the rare stages where vehicles arent marked just a little bit more annoying
I think this could be somewhat mitigated by unifying all "vehicle delivery/dropoff" stages under the "target vehicle isn't marked" ruleset. Plus, it isn't exactly that hard to find a newly respawned target vehicle as the defending team - destroyed ones are usually parked within 100m of the area of explosion and are distinguishable by the "Not Usable" text on mouseover.

It's a great suggestion. I really would like to see some unique vehicles for our missions.

As example we could have pickups with cargo on it:
cargonet2.jpg

Or I think there is a mission on which you steal the car from a police chief, he could have a car like:
8616861773_07606d3374_b.jpg

The Ciscos you have to steal in other missions could be like:
birth_cisco__apb_reloaded_by_bulumna-d6f
new_cross_charge_cisco_by_axclzelria-d53
Different Cars, Kits and Designs, as example there could be a Design Contest
on which everyone can send their entry and everyone vote for the best.
(OTW could be used for it because you get nearly all Kits there)

Or this car could replace the packer ceresco:
img.jpg

On it could be different things like:
30.20.22.jpg51767915-eine-plane-oder-kunststoffabdec

It would be great if each mission car would have something unique, that you cannot copy it 100%.
But we also have to keep in mind that the cars should be lore friendly.

Edited by iTzBlackout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iTzBlackout said:

It's a great suggestion. I really would like to see some unique vehicles for our missions.
[...]
It would be great if each mission car would have something unique, that you cannot copy it 100%.
But we also have to keep in mind that the cars should be lore friendly.

Unique models / mesh reworks for cars are a bit out of the scope of this suggestion, but it's still something worth considering

Only for missions that make sense. Some are meant to be just common cars. Some are meant to be custom cars. 

• Like 1

Smack "tasty Burger" Logo on the side of the Vehicle (just the text). Job done.
APBEuro_ClosedCaption_RunnerUp3.jpg

Edited by Zolerox

I support this, but ONLY if the vehicle's HUD icon is removed from the opposing team. You shouldn't be able to see where the enemy vehicle respawns.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:41 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I support this, but ONLY if the vehicle's HUD icon is removed from the opposing team. You shouldn't be able to see where the enemy vehicle respawns.

yeah i agree with that. Otherwise prepare to hear volcano guy with car surfer.

peeeeew / peeeeew / boom 

Edited by Guest

That's probably one of the best suggestions I've ever read.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:03 PM, GhosT said:

That's probably one of the best suggestions I've ever read.

I've earned my title as you can see B)