lRush

Scout with the same ads zoom level of the HVR 762

Can we please get a scout with the same ads zoom level as the hvr 762? The zoom level is literally the only reason I don't use the scout, cuz im blind af.

You could attach a High-Magnification Scope to a Sitting Duck for increased zoom level. I'm certain most scout users would not want the zoom to be increased for the weapon, and would consider such a change as a nerf.

xD yeah I already use high mag on my duck I just wanted a extra scout on the armas market that I could buy for all of my characters. I didn't want to change any guns that other people love.

Here I am with RS1 on my HVR 762, and you're asking for increased zoom on the Scout, you learn something new every day.

Honestly though, actually on topic, I think a sight in between HS3 and HMS would be kinda' fun. Maybe we could have something like Sniper Scope 1, 2, and 3, which function as HS3 but with 10, 15, and 20 degree FoV. While we're at it, I might as well mention that I think HMS should have SLIGHTLY more effect on MM spread than HS3, maybe like -0.17 instead of -0.15.

Also, can we just open the slots on every scout? Bam, everyone's problems are solved. . . except everyone who wants to sell a Reaper or Duck, they'd all be fucked.

23 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Here I am with RS1 on my HVR 762, and you're asking for increased zoom on the Scout, you learn something new every day.

Honestly though, actually on topic, I think a sight in between HS3 and HMS would be kinda' fun. Maybe we could have something like Sniper Scope 1, 2, and 3, which function as HS3 but with 10, 15, and 20 degree FoV. While we're at it, I might as well mention that I think HMS should have SLIGHTLY more effect on MM spread than HS3, maybe like -0.17 instead of -0.15.

Also, can we just open the slots on every scout? Bam, everyone's problems are solved. . . except everyone who wants to sell a Reaper or Duck, they'd all be fucked.

how come we dont have a reflex sight equivalent to hms?

34 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Because that might actually be good?

On 9/14/2018 at 2:21 AM, BXNNXD said:

How would it work?

I rather have the marksman's mode field of view be the same for all weapons, and adjustable. APB is limited to 100M range, you don't even need zoom to accurately aim.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:21 AM, BXNNXD said:

bird's eye view - be even further away from your char? 
nah really, i'm too limited to even think how that'd work out, like sure you could do rs3 but stronger but... that's also not how hms is (some absolute value) and it'd be quite... well tbf hms is also weird on most weapons that isnt made for.

fun fact in the german translation
hunting sight was called nearsighted
and
reflex sight was called eagles eye

i guess they mixed that up?

9 hours ago, Nitronik said:
How would it work?
tbh i have no idea

maybe draw the fov back a little more (i think equivalent 12 degrees would be too much) and remove marksman crosshair, or replace the marksman crosshair with something that obstructs you from precise aiming in marksmanship (think old anubis crosshair but more solid/larger)

52 minutes ago, neophobia said:
nah really, i'm too limited to even think how that'd work out, like sure you could do rs3 but stronger but... that's also not how hms is (some absolute value) and it'd be quite... well tbf hms is also weird on most weapons that isnt made for.

and

That's a carry-over from the Real Time World days. The joke is pretty much self explanatory - you can't see shit so you need a magnifying glass to aim down range

9 hours ago, Nitronik said:
10 hours ago, neophobia said:

and

That's a carry-over from the Real Time World days. The joke is pretty much self explanatory - you can't see shit so you need a magnifying glass to aim down range
well... if you see it like that - sure you'd use hs3 if you were nearsighted... but calling the mod nearsighted instead of "magnifying glass" or - well - hunting sight is a bit odd, especially when it's the other way around in english

13 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
tbh i have no idea

maybe draw the fov back a little more (i think equivalent 12 degrees would be too much) and remove marksman crosshair, or replace the marksman crosshair with something that obstructs you from precise aiming in marksmanship (think old anubis crosshair but more solid/larger)

Here's an idea : force minimum zoom possible in marksmanship mode, replace crosshair with the center dot both when hipfiring and in marskmanship (just need to track them foos), then same effects on accuracy as RS3

Edited by Nitronik