Sign in to follow this  
RunicDeath

VPN users

Hey all, 

Just wanted to make clear for myself and probably others. 

After the new patch (with BattEye), can we use VPN programs or not? 

I just haven't played games with BattEye in it with VPN, so I don't know for 100%.

Because somewhere in ToU there's a section telling that you can't give your account to other people or something like that. And I don't want to lose my account, 'cause of this... 

Thanks in advance.

*NOTE* VPN programs changing your IP address. "For these who don't know what is VPN"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RunicDeath said:

Hey all, 

I just haven't played games with BattEye in it with VPN, so I don't know for 100%.

Because somewhere in ToU there's a section telling that you can't give your account to other people or something like that. And I don't want to lose my account, 'cause of this... 

Thanks in advance.

*NOTE* VPN programs changing your IP address. "For these who don't know what is VPN"

There is no such thing as a vpn program, there is such a thing as bloatware that edit's your ethernet settings.

All you need to do to vpn is create a new connection in control panel, punch in vpn ip and password.

That vpn program is spyware designed for old people.

7 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

There is no such thing as a vpn program, there is such a thing as bloatware that edit's your ethernet settings.

All you need to do to vpn is create a new connection in control panel, punch in vpn ip and password.

That vpn program is spyware designed for old people.

i can say you definetly have no clue what you're talking about .

• Like 1

did you just admit that you participate in account sharing

Just now, Ketog said:

I love making people look stupid.

Yes that's how you create a private network, in your network settings. Durrrdy durrr.

I was a tech for time warner, road runner, hp. Good thread, I hope it takes you less then 5 posts to realize I'm right.

34 minutes ago, RunicDeath said:

Hey all, 

Thanks in advance.

Using a VPN is fine.

Using the tools a VPN provides should be fine too.

They do not make any changes to the game, so there is no reason for BE to do anything.

If anything, you should be able to just punch in the actual VPN info instead of using their tools, and then you're even more in the clear.

Your provider should have this info somewhere on their site.

You can check that here: https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/windows-10/pptp/

Or the full list here: https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/windows-10/

Edited by Tobii
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

did you just admit that you participate in account sharing

No, I'm just using NordVPN. It's changing IP address to other countries.

6 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Using a VPN is fine.

Using the tools a VPN provides should be fine too.

They do not make any changes to the game, so there is no reason for BE to do anything.

If anything, you should be able to just punch in the actual VPN info instead of using their tools, and then you're even more in the clear.

Your provider should have this info somewhere on their site.

You can check that here: https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/windows-10/pptp/

Or the full list here: https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/windows-10/

Thanks mate. 

6 minutes ago, RunicDeath said:

No, I'm just using NordVPN. It's changing IP address to other countries.

Don't use it, creating your own vpn connection is easy, just go to network settings and do a quick google tutorial. That program is probably spying on you.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Don't use it, creating your own vpn connection is easy, just go to network settings and do a quick google tutorial. That program is probably spying on you.

I know. 

John from FBI was fired and moved to NORDVPN company. He's a good man and always protected me. 

And I don't really care if someone spying on me or not. I'm showing HQ/Blu-Ray P*rn videos when I'm at work (not using the PC), so they can enjoy themselves from time to time. :^) 

Just now, Puffdragon said:

Instead of telling them what not to do, how about you help them and point out where to go and what to look for?

Not every person can work a PC like you, seeing as you've been a tech for Time Warner and all. :^)

Stop being paranoid.. The tools provided do not spy on you unless you use some cheap Chinese VPN.

Seeing as how NordVPN is one of the top rated ones, I am sure he's in the clear. 😉

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/

• Like 2

i sometimes play on different pc's and play games at my internet cafe. tbh on all the time i have used my accounts i had no problem on either on those pc's

10 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

i sometimes play on different pc's and play games at my internet cafe. tbh on all the time i have used my accounts i had no problem on either on those pc's

I know that, I'm using VPN at the moment. 

But my question was *ehhmm* from the start is: Can I use VPN when BattEye will come out for APB? 

I'm not insulting you, I'm pointing out your behavior, it seems insecure and angry. I choose not to pull myself down to your level, because everybody already knows I'm smarter than you. Tech support is 80% googling stuff, I told him to google it. Do you really think IT's carry around all that knowledge in their brains?

Naw they just google stuff, like you :^)

I'm not even sure what's up with ya? 

I was just asking if I can use VPN or not. That's it.

This is not for raging on each other and showing who got bigger b*lls.

And Tobii you too, you helped to understand a bit better this VPN stuff, thanks for that.

Stop raging on each other. 

Even tho you're telling you both ain't raging. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunicDeath said:

I know that, I'm using VPN at the moment. 

But my question was *ehhmm* from the start is: Can I use VPN when BattEye will come out for APB? 

I'm not even sure what's up with ya? 

I was just asking if I can use VPN or not. That's it.

This is not for raging on each other and showing who got bigger b*lls.

And Tobii you too, you helped to understand a bit better this VPN stuff, thanks for that.

Stop raging on each other. 

Even tho you're telling you both ain't raging. 

You are right, my advice is to create a vpn connection in your network connections, to use it, just disable or renable it. As for tobii, I don't even know the guy, apparently he streams, never heard of him lol.

A good question to post there.

My view (based on nothingness) is it shouldn't be a problem unless the VPN causes communication issues with Battle Eye, eg packets timing out / dropping. Battle Eye may kick / ban you for that.

14 minutes ago, Rade said:

A good question to post there.

My view (based on nothingness) is it shouldn't be a problem unless the VPN causes communication issues with Battle Eye, eg packets timing out / dropping. Battle Eye may kick / ban you for that.

I believe BE bans if 3rd party software reads packets/decrypt or the like. Not sure exactly what caused the ban.

This was a huge issue in PUBG since people could read the packets and make a radar that wasn't possible to detect.

though I doubt dropping packets would do this, since APB has a tendency to drop quite a few at times.

Edited by Tobii

3 minutes ago, Tobii said:

I believe BE bans if 3rd party software reads packets/decrypt or the like. Not sure exactly what caused the ban.

This was a huge issue in PUBG since people could read the packets and make a radar that wasn't possible to detect.

though I doubt dropping packets would do this, since APB has a tendency to drop quite a few at times.

Not trying to antagonize you but what does esp have to do with lag switiching and speed hacking? You speedhack by lag switching or with older games over clocking your cpu. Lol. Oh tobii, we are going to be great friends.

Not trying to antagonize you but what does esp have to do with lag switiching and speed hacking? You speedhack by lag switching or with older games over clocking your cpu. Lol. Oh tobii, we are going to be great friends.

Read what he said, then read what I said.

Then get back to me.

2 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Read what he said, then read what I said.

Then get back to me.

He is talking about the new anticheat banning due to lag, I am saying yes, it would because it might think he is speed hacking. You are talking about packet sniffers...

8 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

He is talking about the new anticheat banning due to lag, I am saying yes, it would because it might think he is speed hacking. You are talking about packet sniffers...

I didn't quote you, I am not talking about lag switch or speed hack.

He mentioned packets, dropping and timing out, so I answered with the fact that BE DOES ban for packet sniffing, manipulation etc, so there is a chance this might also be the case.

At no point did he directly mention what you're talking about, so you're either equally as right OR equally as wrong in your statement as I am.

So I am not seeing your point? If you want to make things about you just because you like attention, then okay.

But it's getting quite dull already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Tobii

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

He makes Black Hole Jealous, there is a reason I called him that. He never had a clue as to what a VPN tool does.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Why is this dumb? A packet is like a zip file containing 1's and 0's, lots of them, to decode them and re-assemble them would be highly improbable. Secondly, they could only decode the server packets sent and recieved, not player packets. Now children, I am very busy, I am creating a website from scratch, not some guild portal, clanwars prebuilt garbage, so I can collect even more apb rep, cat girls, trannies, and minions. Excuse me.

Edited by Puffdragon

Now im genuinely confused , is puffdragon sarcastic or actually serious .

whatever , him working at tech support at HP probably means i could get a free job there incase i need to

a VPN routes your internet trough a company's server that are located in another country , so you are able to get an IP adress from that specific country wherever you are in the world.

depending on how the company works , they can indeed change / encrypt your data , but it's usually another layer of protection so your data can't be used by adware companies , every VPN works differently .

as for "your way" of making a VPN , there you're just changing your local ip , your public ip adress will be the same and , will show everyone where you live and what provider you  use , or maybe you're doing something else , i would expect anything from you at that point .

and as for IT people , of course they don't learn that , they learn usually much more advanced stuff , i don't say they are all geniuses , there' of course passionates , and people that are IT only because they want a high grade while they have no real intrest on what they're learning  , i personally learned how a VPN works around the age of 11 and now im 19 , and what im learning now is way beyond something like "how a vpn works" .

Sincerely , i really hope you were sarcastic .

Just now, Ketog said:

Now im genuinely confused , is puffdragon sarcastic or actually serious .

whatever , him working at tech support at HP probably means i could get a free job there incase i need to

a VPN routes your internet trough a company's server that are located in another country , so you are able to get an IP adress from that specific country wherever you are in the world.

depending on how the company works , they can indeed change / encrypt your data , but it's usually another layer of protection so your data can't be used by adware companies , every VPN works differently .

as for "your way" of making a VPN , there you're just changing your local ip , your public ip adress will be the same and , will show everyone where you live and what provider you  use , or maybe you're doing something else , i would expect anything from you at that point .

and as for IT people , of course they don't learn that , they learn usually much more advanced stuff , i don't say they are all geniuses , there' of course passionates , and people that are IT only because they want a high grade while they have no real intrest on what they're learning  , i personally learned how a VPN works around the age of 11 and now im 19 , and what im learning now is way beyond something like "how a vpn works" .

Sincerely , i really hope you were sarcastic .

I am not being sarcastic when I didn't read that. You don't need a program to login to a private business network or otherwise. Only the login and password, plus the i.p.

Shuuushhhh it's ok little baby. I am one of the good lizard men.

4 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I am not being sarcastic when I didn't read that. You don't need a program to login to a private business network or otherwise. Only the login and password, plus the i.p.

Shuuushhhh it's ok little baby. I am one of the good lizard men.

i never said you need a software to do so , but someone told me my way of telling things is kinda confusing (english isn't my native language , yo yeah only time can make it better for now) .

but yeah whatever. if you want to stay ignorant , you can , no one will force you to be the opposite .