MrM0dZ

How To Fix Griefing/Collisions

Since people are talking about this topic and have different arguments lets just find a quick solution.

APB needs to be chaotic and you will often ram into people doing their missions and chasing other players,that's a good point APB has.

But when people start blocking bridges or just griefing with trucks is just unacceptable,so to fix that without removing key points from the game there's a simple solution people are avoiding.

Instead of having a "passive mode" like GTA V,why not players in your Ignore list just become ghosts and are not able to collide with you.

People will probably say "what if my ignore list is full?" , just remove some people from it , once you ignore someone they will probably just leave you alone since there's nothing they can do and will probably forget you.

You will also give a 2nd chance for the person you remove from the list,maybe they were just having a bad time and didn't care about what they said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iggyazaleaomg said:

Boring

it's ok if you don't like it, everyone has different opnions and arguments, would you like to share yours?

I think it's a great idea.

The game keeps it's unique aspect of chaos during missions, but at the sametime you can remove the grief elements when they're obviously just trying to mess with your mission.

Win/Win imo. 👍

Plus I believe Matt said they're extending the ignore list (without players having to pay, as in the past). Shouldn't be much trouble to maintain one's own ignore list and purge inactive names from time to time. There really aren't THAT many solely playing to grief (besides, with active support&gm's, there might be more consequence now, if you purposely grief)

Edited by Tigrix

Ok, well... Not much negative or positive constructive feedback I can give...

This suggestion seems in theory to just be fine and would be good to go. The only thing I would say is if someone on your ignore list and the mission starts with that person, then unfortunately the ignore would have to be over ridden.

One would hope that in the future that missions wouldn't mix people in matches with those who are on their ignore list, but that's a separate issues.

We good.

7 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

One would hope that in the future that missions wouldn't mix people in matches with those who are on their ignore list, but that's a separate issues.

We good.

bad idea

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

bad idea

Don't want to derail the thread so maybe send me a PM elaborating, you don't have to.

40 minutes ago, Iggyazaleaomg said:

Boring

So you must be one of those annoying griefers.

14 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Don't want to derail the thread so maybe send me a PM elaborating, you don't have to.

i like derailing

it would essentially allow you to choose your opp and potentially artificially inflate your threat, since you could just ignore any players who beat you and only have repeat matches against people you beat

It isn't really that much of an issue and mostly pretty harmless except when they block mission objectives. That however requires that they know what your target is and the person to blame is either a friend of someone in opposing team or live stream viewer of someone in the match.

It's something having active GMs can really help with though.

However you can easily make yourself a target for griefing if you go crazy on the district chat or start whispering to the griefers. If you don't give them any reaction they'll get bored very quickly and move on.

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i like derailing

it would essentially allow you to choose your opp and potentially artificially inflate your threat, since you could just ignore any players who beat you and only have repeat matches against people you beat

To have the ability to not play with people that may be anti social or even trolling is something I think should be a feature.

Honestly if you have to ignore everyone in district just to inflate your threat then that is desperate. besides, surely they could do that anyway if they just K up in a empty district with a friend playing as a opponent anyway.

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i like derailing

That's a bit far fetched. 🙂

Just because you got someone on ignore-list, doesn't mean the system can't put you in missions vs one another (it already does that) and why would that need to change with this proposal?

If you make it so that collisions don't work with ignored players, it's like 1 more line of code to add that "if in mission with ignored player, collision effect = active".

Why would that be a problem? 🙂 IF you're in mission with your ignored opponent, then you expect to fight him.
But you don't need to accept that a random bored player outside your mission, can block your objective.

2 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

To have the ability to not play with people that may be anti social or even trolling is something I think should be a feature.

Honestly if you have to ignore everyone in district just to inflate your threat then that is desperate. besides, surely they could do that anyway if they just K up in a empty district with a friend playing as a opponent anyway.

yeah but my point is that it would be used and abused to get easy opp, we have people /reporting for being run over you think they wont use this feature to block "cheaters" or "tryhards"

and then if youre a group of 4 high skill players who win a majority of your matches, kiss goodbye ever getting opposition when half the district has been removed from the pool because they have you on ignore

2 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

That's a bit far fetched. 🙂

Just because you got someone on ignore-list, doesn't mean the system can't put you in missions vs one another (it already does that) and why would that need to change with this proposal?

If you make it so that collisions don't work with ignored players, it's like 1 more line of code to add that "if in mission with ignored player, collision effect = active".

Why would that be a problem? 🙂 IF you're in mission with your ignored opponent, then you expect to fight him.
But you don't need to accept that a random bored player outside your mission, can block your objective.

i thought it was pretty clear i was talking about vickyfox's quote

that i quoted

i even deleted the nonrelevant parts to my response

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

yeah but my point is that it would be used and abused to get easy opp, we have people /reporting for being run over you think they wont use this feature to block "cheaters" or "tryhards"

and then if youre a group of 4 high skill players who win a majority of your matches, kiss goodbye ever getting opposition when half the district has been removed from the pool because they have you on ignore

Welp, with a new threat system then hopefully there will be more fairer populations.

I'd seriously question what it is you're doing to get half of the district pissed off to the point of adding you to their ignore list lol, but if you are with a group and this does happen, maybe you should be considering if this is the right district for your.

I've lost various missions and got bullied hard many times but for me griefers are just one of the flavors in APB.

Your idea is not bad tho

They should just make the objective and players in the mission passive to other players who are not in the mission, or maybe instead of a world wide passiveness, it would be just within the objective radius

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

Welp, with a new threat system then hopefully there will be more fairer populations.

I'd seriously question what it is you're doing to get half of the district pissed off to the point of adding you to their ignore list lol, but if you are with a group and this does happen, maybe you should be considering if this is the right district for your.

its just what would happen

players - not all players, but more than enough imo - would abuse this feature heavily, just because they can

What about the guys who rage whisper and ignore u halfway through the match? 

Just now, Defibrillator said:

What about the guys who rage whisper and ignore u halfway through the match? 

gg2ez git gud skrub

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i thought it was pretty clear i was talking about vickyfox's quote

that i quoted

i even deleted the nonrelevant parts to my response

that's fair, i thought you were speaking in general about the idea OP's idea, my bad.
i agree that ignores should never affect who you can meet in missions. It should remain as it is now, just with the added effect that collisions don't work with ignored players (except when in mission vs them)