Sign in to follow this  
Tigrix

These "across the board" changes just don't fit with APB.

The standard-ranged ARS have received a 5m effective range reduction across the board.

Does "across the board" balancing bring good things for APB?

The guns in APB are so different, even if they are within same category, there are many guns that are wildly different from their siblings in same category.
It was shown by the shotgun changes and by changing a MOD instead of re-balancing individual weapons.... and now they're doing an "across the board -range" for all rifles...
While some rifles already struggle hugely on range like the raptor and the atac, they get the same nerf as those rifles that shine on range as the ntec...
(same as others mentioned: Misery and ISSR-A are impacted very negatively, as they already suck in close compared to other AR's and range was really their "shine")

It just doesn't make any sense balancing wildly different weapons, with the exact same changes... 

Did they comment anywhere on all the locked guns sold via armas' and their fate? Tons of players stuck with $$ sold guns that are now locked with a mod that was changed to be a terrible mod on the gun, still seems incredibly out of touch with the game imho, without at least unlocking the mod of those guns. 😕  Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 8

Never thought I'd see the day that I actually agree with Tigrix.

• Like 4

To be fair I think they have a plan for this since the upcoming IR changes are going add range to weapons based on percentage instead of just a flat value. So the end result on assault rifles should be they have around the same range as before when using IR3, but their fire rate gets reduced to give long range weapons (like DMR and Anubis) a better chance at dealing with them.

atac range 5m buff go go go

ATAC and Raptors suck past 40m anyways, so this "nerf" wont really affect them.
If anything it narrows the gap in usefulness between them an the other ARs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

ATAC and Raptors suck past 40m anyways, so this "nerf" wont really affect them.
If anything it narrows the gap in usefulness between them an the other ARs.

It's not a point of them "being sucky long range" it's a point of stacking nerfs on nerfs.

ATAC already struggled range, then it received a reduction in fire-rate (well at least the armas version so far, since they still didnt comment any solution on those locked mods)

APB weapons are not at all similar, even if they are in same category ... they wanted to nerf NTEC & make regular Rifles shine more on range, but they're nerfing AR guns that already struggled @range, unlike the NTEC. Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

It's not a point of them "being sucky long range" it's a point of stacking nerfs on nerfs.

ATAC already struggled range, then it received a reduction in fire-rate (well at least the armas version so far, since they still didnt comment any solution on those locked mods)

APB weapons are not at all similar, even if they are in same category ... they wanted to nerf NTEC & make regular Rifles shine more on range, but they're nerfing AR guns that already struggled @range, unlike the NTEC.
I get what you are saying. I really do.
My only point was that in this actual circumstance, this nerf actually makes all ARs more balanced when compared to each other, as well as making the Rifle class more viable as well.
And honestly, IR3 on an ATAC was just a waste of a mod slot imo (pre balance).

As far as pre slotted ARMAS guns, thats a different subject and one I think we already agree on.

I have mixed feelings about it. I'm taking IR as an example.

Slower firing rate guns actually get a bit more accurate, since the extra time between shots causes the crosshairs to close up a bit more. You could run IR3 on a N-SSW, for example, and get a result similar to having HB2-3, except the gun is firing slower instead of dealing less damage. However, although I don't mind too much the reduced fire rate, it can (and will) be detrimental to some guns. The ATAC, for example, just doesn't play the same with IR on it (I do run it with IR sometimes so that's how I noted the difference) and while it doesn't spread as much in full auto from a fair distance, its reduced rate will keep people at danger against CQC masters. In short, it plays a bit better at longer ranges, but it doesn't fend off short range guns as well as it used to.

The way I see it, it's just a different balance. Weapons that would benefit the most from IR are not supposed to fire super fast anyways, whereas putting it on other guns just to increase their effective range basically comes with a risk. It's not anymore a case of "let's put it up, what's the worst that can happen".

As for ARMAS presets, I think it's always a good idea to think twice or thrice before buying, as balance changes can and will affect purchases in some case and the user should be aware of that (that's why I always aim for slotted versions instead of presets). But, yeah, I kinda feel for all the people who are forced to use their purchased weapons in a different way, sometimes to no useful avail.

Finally, regarding AR range drop... I'm not against that. But I have a feeling that underdog ARs like the STAR will only retain their status. Despite it being regarded as a valid alternative to the N-TECs, it's always the N-TECs I see used, sometimes (recently) others such as the Misery, but not the STARs unlike in rare cases. This doesn't exactly lead me to think there's an actual "competition" between the two freebie ARs.

I'm also quite tired right now so I'm quite positive some bullcr*p slipped by. I'll clean after that tomorrow, if need be.

too bad the misery (and ISSR-a) got affected by this aswell... they're a lot more range focused than all the other ARs, and less effective close up...

• Like 1

70-100m range on all guns 5 yrs ago
50-70m range on all guns 3 yrs ago
45m range now

what is wrong with your brain? are the people balancing this game that out of touch?

• Like 1

It looks like they're trying to lower the average TTK across the board, something many players have wanted. IR is just the start.

13 hours ago, Snubnose said:

too bad the misery (and ISSR-a) got affected by this aswell... they're a lot more range focused than all the other ARs, and less effective close up...

Yep.

I'm also really annoyed that Matt won't comment on locked mod guns affected by this re-make of IR that nobody could've foreseen.
I can foresee balances, such as increasing or decreasing the range of IR, increasing/decreasing the bloom effect etc, but nobody can foresee they add a fire-reduction to IR, making it now a new MOD in the game which in some cases has made it the completely wrong mod on guns they sold on armas with that mod LOCKED on the gun.. That really drives me nuts.

If you're new to the game and you make such a sweeping change, you better have thought it through to have a plan how you'll handle the locked versions of those guns people bought in good faith with a locked IR3 mod on them.

Still waiting for a comment from LO at this. Whether it's "oh too bad, you're **** out of luck, we didn't plan for this." or hopefully more along lines of "We'll unlock those mods so players can set a new mod that suits the weapons we sold, so players aren't stuck with guns locked with a mod that negate the entire design of that gun". Edited by Tigrix

4 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Yep.

I'm also really annoyed that Matt won't comment on locked mod guns affected by this re-make of IR that nobody could've foreseen.
I can foresee balances, such as increasing or decreasing the range of IR, increasing/decreasing the bloom effect etc, but nobody can foresee they add a fire-reduction to IR, making it now a new MOD in the game which in some cases has made it the completely wrong mod on guns they sold on armas with that mod LOCKED on the gun.. That really drives me nuts.

If you're new to the game and you make such a sweeping change, you better have thought it through to have a plan how you'll handle the locked versions of those guns people bought in good faith with a locked IR3 mod on them.

Still waiting for a comment from LO at this. Whether it's "oh too bad, you're **** out of luck, we didn't plan for this." or hopefully more along lines of "We'll unlock those mods so players can set a new mod that suits the weapons we sold, so players aren't stuck with guns locked with a mod that negate the entire design of that gun".
they actually already said they'll take a look at pre-modded guns (too lazy to search for that now, but that was said shortly after the IR changes happened)... guess they still haven't finished with IR for now, so premodded weapons won't get a change yet since it's not final.

Not too hot on some ARs getting a 5m reduction - ATAC and Raptor as other have mentioned won't even care, STAR , ISSR-A and Misery however kinda concern me

My guess is that they want AR players to either grab IR, and get a TTK comparable to that of a marksman rifle, or just use a marksman rifle with no IR

Sign in to follow this