Ebola-Chan

Why are people so scared of changes ?

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i’m all for balancing gameplay as needed, but change just for the sake of change is a waste of time and resources imo

I agree, "dont fix what aint broke", or however the saying goes. If a weapon is broken, too weak or too strong, then sure, lets change it. But playing around with mods that no one had issues with or changing a weapons certain stats when everyone was fine with it is scary. Because finding a balance for all these weapons is hard and takes time. You change one value on a mod and it breaks or changes effect on many other weapons. I think thats the reason why I prefer if things are fine, then dont change them. Small change for a weapon or mod might require too many changes to other weapons or mods. Edited by killerskull
  • Like 1

I am not scared of change, but shitty ideas of silvers that dont know anything about the game rly triggers my arse.
Talking about IR3, like HOLY SHIT mate +15m effective range. 7m is a huuge advantage already! Everything about new tested IR is wrong. Everything. 

People are scared they're going to lose their crutches and have to actually play on a even field.

• Like 2

It's not being scared about changes in general, it's being scared about what changes some of the idiots on this forum/game want.

The issue is 90% of people talking about changes that should be done have 0 idea what they're talking about. Like, literally no clue. What scares me is that LO might listen to idiots babbling on the forums about random changes they want to see for 0 reason on things that don't need change, while certain things do. IR3 for example, is a thing that DOESNT need to be changed. There was a forum post on 3ps3 being changed so it had a negative effect, again, 0 reason for that, and LO might read that post, see a lot of players talking about different changes that are bad, and might do one of them. LO doesn't know any better, and it's not really their fault if they listen to players. Whos fault it is, is the players themselves who should understand they don't have enough game knowledge let alone are not even good enough at the game to come up with good changes on core mechanics.

I just don't want to see the game I enjoy get ruined because some idiot complained about something they don't have any understanding about.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fur said:

It's not being scared about changes in general, it's being scared about what changes some of the idiots on this forum/game want.

3 hours ago, Nanometic said:

People are scared they're going to lose their crutches and have to actually play on a even field.

Case and point.

Did you know if you rub the back of your ear you can hear pacman?

On 8/8/2018 at 3:59 PM, mynd said:
Case and point.
I'm really unsure what you're trying to say here, considering what I'm saying is true. If you see most of the forum threads on here, they're completely stupid and unnecessary. (The 3ps3 thread is a good example)

Also, if you're implying i'm losing a crutch, you're quite wrong on that one. The crutchiest guns in the game are Ogre, OCA, HVR, Atac. I don't use any of those guns besides OCA in Asylum because I hate Asylum so I just use it to decimate people. Lets see what this patch did to each of these weapons:

Ogre, it got buffed, nice.
OCA, untouched basically, still broke.
HVR, can't YOLO qs max bloom anymore HOWEVER you still can QS which is especially effective at 30m or more by waiting that extra little bit. Still OP since it still does 85 at any range. Obeya and OBIR were nerfed due to IR3 being nerfed which means HVRs only real competition now is Dogear. Awesome, you might as well say it's even better than it was before now.
ATAC, yeah it got nerfed in this situation, sort of. It's not as good since no IR3 but still strong anyway.

The guns severly effected by this change are guns that were quite balanced before, AKA the whole Marksman class of guns. OBIR, Oscar, Carbine and Obeya all got nerfed, some more than others, due to IR3 change. With no real change to guns that these guns would normally combat (Ntec, Atac, OCA, HVR, PMG, etc etc). These guns are just worse now, and have become unbalanced in a sense. OBIR and Obeya no longer easily beat the now 3rd most broken gun, HVR. Carbine no longer can deal with ntec at ntec ranges easily, which means ntec has no real competition, especially since Oscar also can't deal as well. With the shotgun buff Carbine is now WAY WAY WAY worse against shotguns, and is practically useless.

I could go way way more with this post, and make a page long explanation of this, but ive already done that on APB discord and on my Stream and even though that means you can't see it anymore really, im too lazy to redo it all. So you'll just have to deal with this compact thing.

TL;DR IR3 change ruined guns that were balanced, and didnt change guns that were """""broken""""", resulting in an unbalance. HVR change didnt do that much, so it was a kinda good change but not really that great. Shotguns are stronger than they need to be making Ogre insane. etc etc etc. I could look past the other changes if they just revert IR3, because the IR3 change is the biggest joke ive seen in 3 years.

EDIT: I guess I didnt really leave a good solution that makes most people happy, so here it is. Mods are pretty balanced in this game, as mods are slight changes to guns that the guns have been almost built around dealing with. Mods however, are not built around guns. This leads to issues when you mess with mod stats, as you're messing with a TON of guns that all change differently. That's bad. It's much better to change guns than it is to change mods, as you're only affecting that one gun and balancing that one gun, rather than '''balancing''' one gun and fucking over a bunch of guns. Edited by Fur
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 9:07 AM, BXNNXD said:

i’m all for balancing gameplay as needed, but change just for the sake of change is a waste of time and resources imo

doesn't this sound familiar? pretty much what G1 did various times too.