MageLO

10/02 PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

gernerally i think these changes are welcome, however.....

On 9/30/2024 at 7:14 PM, MageLO said:

Damaging an enemy as an Enforcer no longer slightly increases your Prestige level.

how come a miniscule change like this gets priority over buffing the TG8? its funny how LO constantly avoids changes to the stabbas, almost like they hate stabba players 🤔

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I don’t know the specifics, but more weapon balancing will happen.

They're keeping the best for last (OBIR and NTEC removed from game data entirely)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

gernerally i think these changes are welcome, however.....

how come a miniscule change like this gets priority over buffing the TG8? its funny how LO constantly avoids changes to the stabbas, almost like they hate stabba players 🤔

it was actually quite significant of an edge ofr Enforcers. You could nade someone hidden and wether your nate damaged them or no, allowing you to push more effectively.

And let's be real STABBA deserves to suck lol

21 hours ago, Frosi said:

Yes it will apply to all version's of the Cisco whether they come from a contact or other players.

Essentially when accelerating (Holding W) the car's chassis will move based on how much Torque the vehicle has, to make sure that the car doesn't do a straight up wheelie the ChassisTorqueFactor modifier exists which decreases how much the chassis moves. 

The Cisco used to be set to 0.015 but was accidentally changed to 0.04 sometime around christmas last year which created a scenario in which the wheels would clip through the chassis quite frequently. 

This change aims to fix the clipping issue and has no real other effects on how the vehicle handles so don't expect it to handle any different than you're used to.

14 hours ago, Goldexen said:

it's basically means nothing, because Cisco is still a trash, but if you wonder: it means that chassis will be less squating when you accelerate  i.e. less weight distribution when you drive your car

also

And yes, i too noticed that Cisco became slower, but it was since the update with changing Cisco's weight

Thanks for explaining this.

I remember that LO changed the weight of the Cisco, and there was no noticeable difference in the

vehicles acceleration from a stopped position.

I noticed that the acceleration was not as "punchy" when I last played on 9/28.

I thought it was lag at first, but when looking at the output using /fps,

I was not experiencing any lag.

So it seems something did change after the weight change.

Cheers !!

• Like 1

Mobile cover:

• Once activated Mobile Cover now takes 0.5s before spawning in the players hands.

Why? It was the only mod which allows Waterfront to be playable by spawning cover at will.

Which tester in SPCT thought it's useful to add unnecessary delays to a already fast TTK game?
500ms makes or breaks fights...
It'll just make the game feel clunkier than it already is.

Hard Landing

• No longer increases fall damage taken by 10%

All affected modifications have had their descriptions updated if applicable.

This is great, very needed, change.
It was about time that Hard Landing became a blue mod without any downsides.

Happy Landings

• Downside reduced from 0.1/0.2/0.3m/s to 0.05/0.1/0.15m/s

Mobility Sling

• No longer increases equip time by 15%

All affected modifications have had their descriptions updated if applicable.

Both great changes.
Happy Landings desperately needed some changes. This is a great buff, a major one even.
You could receive 0 fall damage from any drop with HL3 and the flinching which happens won't happen at small distances (was really annoying with previous HL3)

Interesting that you've opted to make Mobility Sling without a downside. Now all purple mods are without downsides.
Could be really great for some preset weapons like the S-AS PDW with Mobility Sling on it, the Nano etc. or in general weapons which rely on MM mode and don't lose accuracy while walking (walk modifier at 1 when ADS) will greatly benefit from this.

Heavy Barrel

• Damage reduction lowered from 5/10/15% to 2/5/10%

Magazine Pull

• Magazine size reduction lowered from 15/20/25% to 10/15/20%

Extended Magazine

• Reload time increase lowered from 20/40/60% to 10/20/30%

Welcoming changes.
Not quite enough to shake up meta, but makes the mods more desirable.

As for the rest (med spray & vehicles, especially the latter), we'll have to wait & see how it'll play out.
It's great that vehicles are finally getting tackled.

I'm really bummed out by the Mobile Cover change however, but decent changes otherwise
Still not the shake-up needed to make the game feel robust & consistent, very mild changes which have been requested for years tho so it's OK.

I have a suggestion, continuing the trend of buffing niche guns and a nice QoL change.

1.) Take a look at the VAS-C2, H9 Curse, CAP40, ACES SMG and COBR-A
Change their Shot Modifier Cap to the following values:
C2: 1.75 -> 1.5
H9: 1.5 -> 1
CAP40: 1.05 -> 0.9
ACES: 2.15 -> 1.8
COBR-A: 4 -> 2.25

2.) Buff the character crouched speed of the game:
90cm/s -> 110cm/s

3.) Revert the Mobile Cover change.

4.) Remove Long-Range Rifling

5.) Change Hunting Sight behavior on the Scout back to how it was (setting MM modifier to 0 instead of 0.03 across the board, regardless of HS level used)
If the Oblivion and Dog Ear can have this behavior, why not bring it back to the Scout? Perhaps even make the N-HVR 762 and DMR have the same behavior, so it performs uniformally on snipers.

Would be welcoming changes.

I sincerely hope Little Orbit re-considers their adamant stance on the current TTK and RNG by:
- Adapting TTK to ~1s (would require magazine size changes to most of the guns in the game)
- Removing mods such as Cooling Jacket, Improved Rifling, Long-Range Rifling (should be deleted ASAP, breaks balance a lot) which impact range, TTK and RNG
- Set (Assault/High-Velocity/Normal) Rifles, pistols and SMG's marksman modifier to 0 (or at least make this happen for all sniper rifles)
- Let us test this in a district (perhaps even a RTW Test District too, but this time without the unnecessary RNG added)
- Sprint modifier to 1 for all weapons (so no accuracy loss on 1st shot happens when going from sprint to run while shooting)
- Plays around with Recovery Delay's (? not sure if this influences what I think it does, Shot Modifier Cap & Per Shot Modifier would need changes too, test district would reveal what works and what doesn't) of most guns (should be sub 0.05s on all or perhaps even to 0 imo, to make them consistent, akin to FBW changes)
(NOTE: these changes have to occur all at once, implementing only 1 of them will not work out and won't have the same effect. It'll only exacerbate the problems)

RIP Mobile Cover....

Edited by yourrandomnobody74

Low TTK is one of the reasons for the population decline. This would have a right to exist if this game had a lot of local servers with low latency. It was much, much more comfortable to play on the Russian server. In most cases, I fail just because of connection delays and low TTK. It comes to the point of absurdity when a character dies after two gun shots.

NUMBERS! GLORIOUS NUMBERS!
Time to experiment with what new lovely stuff I can cook up this time.

Hidden and obscure strats are my favourite things! :3

Genuine question: When are you guys gonna take care of the cheater problem? People are cheating their ***** off and nothing is happening. Always the same names. Apparently this is not a problem for you guys, because instead of doing something against those blatant cheaters, less important updates are getting released. 

27 minutes ago, Roni888888 said:

Genuine question: When are you guys gonna take care of the cheater problem? People are cheating their ***** off and nothing is happening. Always the same names. Apparently this is not a problem for you guys, because instead of doing something against those blatant cheaters, less important updates are getting released. 

I'm gonna have to second this motion...

I understand that SARD is doing it's thing, collecting / analyzing data and such...

And we all know Matt does not like to ban players( cheaters) ...

We get it .

But, at some point, we need to prioritize player (Customer) experience,

and allow for a level playing field and competitive gameplay.

As much as there is a high appreciation for the multiple UnBann waves over the last few years,

at some point we need to protect competitive gameplay, and lure those players that have turned their
backs on 3rd party tools, back in to San Paro.

Many of us are still waiting ..

Little Orbit ...   what say you ?

Edited by Westford

Not bad. But why are we trying to make longer range weapons good at close range? Shotties have been useless for years with the absent hitreg and SMGs all but dominating close range. A 3-4 shot PMG will kill a shottie user well before they can get the 2nd shot off. Shotties are meant to be dominant at close range due to said pellets and outside of that you have problems. Shotties currently dont have a place where trhey are a viable choice and that needs to be changed for balance sake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Not bad. But why are we trying to make longer range weapons good at close range? Shotties have been useless for years with the absent hitreg and SMGs all but dominating close range. A 3-4 shot PMG will kill a shottie user well before they can get the 2nd shot off. Shotties are meant to be dominant at close range due to said pellets and outside of that you have problems. Shotties currently dont have a place where trhey are a viable choice and that needs to be changed for balance sake.

When they reverted rayscale instead of making the couple simple and minor tweaks that would've fixed the issue, that showed that LO has no interest in ever letting shotguns be viable for their purpose. Just put your shotgun in storage and accept that they'll never be viable even at the lowest tiers of play.

Edited by Hexerin

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

When they reverted rayscale instead of making the couple simple and minor tweaks that would've fixed the issue, that showed that LO has no interest in ever letting shotguns be viable for their purpose. Just put your shotgun in storage and accept that they'll never be viable even at the lowest tiers of play.

When they first made the change it was HEAVILY based off of non existent hitreg and botters. You cant base such a change off of such flawed stats. You still cant make that change cause between then and now hitreg still doesnt exist unless you use an aimbot and botters are in even larger numbers since the unban wave.