Sign in to follow this  
MageLO

OTW MATCHMAKING TEST 05/19

Attention APB:Reloaded players!

Join us on OTW tomorrow, 05/19/2024, at 6 PM UTC for a crucial matchmaking test that will last for one hour. We need your participation to test our new matchmaking code and help identify any instability issues. The more players we have, the more effective our testing will be. Your involvement is essential, and we greatly appreciate your support in logging in and assisting us during this critical phase.

For this test please create a Character on OTW’s “NA Test” World!

Your participation makes a difference! Let's make this test a success together! Here are the notes for Matchmaking Improvement: 

• With this build, we have deployed new code based on the existing matchmaking functionality on Live. 
  • Matchmaking has been moved from the World server to operate on its own dedicated Matchmaking server.
  • Matchmaking will only function in the same district - at least for now.
  • Backup is once again offered in cases in which the Matchmaker has to create an uneven Match and will add one player to each team trying to increase the overall Match quality to make it more even.
  • In evenly matched missions both Team Leaders are now offered the option to “Escalate” the mission. If both Team leaders put in a request to escalate players will be added to both teams up to a maximum of 20 players per side. Team leaders will need to agree to Escalate the mission further each time new players are added to the mission.

If you haven't yet! Make sure to grab the OTW client and download it ahead of time so that you can participate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MageLO said:

In evenly matched missions both Team Leaders are now offered the option to “Escalate” the mission. If both Team leaders put in a request to escalate players will be added to both teams up to a maximum of 20 players per side. Team leaders will need to agree to Escalate the mission further each time new players are added to the mission.

a lot of people LOVE big missions, is there like a forced cooldown on this or can team leads just constantly spam until every match has 40 players?

are there even 40 players in a district anymore lmao

Edited by vsb

>identify any instability issues

>test that will last for one hour

aha, yeah...

IMG_20240519_122330.jpg?ex=664b08d4&is=6

So, you have basically reverted the MM without what made it kickstart districts sooner: unopposed missions?

I am also intrigued as to why this test isn't performed on Live servers, considering they have already been destroyed by the currently-in-place prototype MM.

• Like 1

wow more pointless updates. so 20v20, what exactly is the point of 20v20 is that so you can fight 20 hackers at once instead of 4 hackers? interesting idea

The missions are designed for 4 criminals and 4 enforcer. Adding extra players leads to confusion and chaos. Team leaders are appointed almost randomly. These innovations will break the mechanics of missions and reduce the number of free players to zero. Players will be stuck in a crappy mission with no way out of it. Give the players a choice. Give them the opportunity to exit missions without stupidly restarting the client!

Just a loose opinion, seems like some missions where both sides keep calling back up.

Problem with such is that the responding back up player without further instruction will 

try to get to the point from across town ending up running into the other teams back up or 

respawning players. Now I do see the Fun element of an FC style mission in district, but half 

the people called for back up won't make it to the point before the mission is won or lost. 

This will be a problem for those seeking to grind or level up, cause they won't get enough def points, 

or offensive points by doing objective. They won't qualify for the minimal losing pay out.

They will end up getting zero progression of contacts, and if say the players whole day is spent 

responding to back up calls, as opposed to being part of the team from the beginning. They have 

wasted the day an made little to no progression of contacts. 

This already happens to some extent. They call back up on a almost lost mission, which is over or lost 

by the time you make it across town, and you get Zero for your efforts, not even gas money for the drive. 

Now if you devs fixed it so anyone responding to back up gets the minimum score automatically or as soon as 

they come into the vicinity or area (to prevent afk abuse).

i woudlnt even trust LO to run a vending machine lolmao, absolutely clueless

• Like 1

Could we have had a little more warning for this sort of thing in future, please? Same with events or competitions that last less than two days.

1 hour ago, Fenton said:

Could we have had a little more warning for this sort of thing in future, please? Same with events or competitions that last less than two days.

They try to give as much notice as possible while also trying to keep things moving as fast as possible but I get where you are coming from. 

Posted (edited)

This type of thing, I might have considered helping but I had only a few hours notice. 

I didn't see the Notice Posted until that morning, leaving me but a few hour to set up an 

otw account. 

These things need to be set up in advance, as in you already have a group of players who 

have set up otw and are sorta in a club to be ready for otw tests. 

If it it still available i will go set one up for the next time. Meaning I'll have to pick an Email, 

make a password, go thru email verification, then come back n make a name and character set up. 

Then I'll have to write it all down n hope i don't lose it.

Last time I tried to help I got almost banned

for bringing the character into the regular game so I could have some cloths.

Anyone even looks at me funny n I'll quit otw 

Ah cant find the DL on the browser, i tried, so screw it. 

Merged.

Ok I'm in, they even gave me names, didn't have to make a new account. 

Let me know in advance and I'll try to help out.

Edited by MACKxBOLAN
m
  • Like 1