Jump to content
SquirrelFace

Increase the FPS limit without a 120hz monitor

Recommended Posts

If your monitor doesn't support 120hz display, setting it to 120hz display may cause damage to the controller chip and the display itself.

Be warned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you are ttly confused coz this thread is wrong if you follow it you will always get black screen if ur monitor not 120-144hz. he found this info from web and shared but it will not help ya increase your fps.
Frames Per Second can be unlocked if:
vsync off
smooth frame rate off

@MrsHappyPenguin can you please rename topic and delete info at 1 post, stop confusing ppl as this cause BLK scrren
];->
rename it "how to get black screen".

Edited by Dahel
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dahel said:

you are ttly confused coz this thread is wrong if you follow it you will always get black screen if ur monitor not 120-144hz. he found this info from web and shared but it will not help ya increase your fps.
Frames Per Second can be unlocked if:
vsync off
smooth frame rate off

@MrsHappyPenguin can you please rename topic and delete info at 1 post, stop confusing ppl as this cause BLK scrren
];->
rename it "how to get black screen".

This only adds a new profile and makes it look like your screen supports 120 Hz. You don't have to activate that profile to get it to work in APB, it'll still give you the 121 FPS just for doing this.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 12:18 AM, SLICKIEM said:

For people who don't know, even with a 60hz monitor, higher frame rates improve responsiveness in-game (with diminishing returns at 60hz, of course). It's negligible for most people, but I can tell the difference between 58fps and 60fps, or v-sync and non-v-sync 60fps. So it really makes me feel more comfortable. Try it out! It also gives me less screen tearing without needing v-sync.

It may improve responsiveness but you can end up with frame stutter because your trying to process 100 frames then condense them into 60 frames and that takes more hardware. If you limit your frames at 60 your GPU will only be processing 60 frames and dedicating all of its power to process them so its gonna be wasting much less hardware strength on producing an extra 40 frames it will never use. So you will have less chance of frame stutter. Edited by YeOldLegends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
It may improve responsiveness but you can end up with frame stutter because your trying to process 100 frames then condense them into 60 frames and that takes more hardware. If you limit your frames at 60 your GPU will only be processing 60 frames and dedicating all of its power to process them so its gonna be wasting much less hardware strength on producing an extra 40 frames it will never use. So you will have less chance of frame stutter.
If you can run 120fps without advanced launcher, it's likely your GPU is good enough to not experience frame stutter anyways. This "fix" is really only for people who have nice GPU's. Bonus points if you have 120+hz monitor. Edited by SLICKIEM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:
10 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
It may improve responsiveness but you can end up with frame stutter because your trying to process 100 frames then condense them into 60 frames and that takes more hardware. If you limit your frames at 60 your GPU will only be processing 60 frames and dedicating all of its power to process them so its gonna be wasting much less hardware strength on producing an extra 40 frames it will never use. So you will have less chance of frame stutter.
If you can run 120fps without advanced launcher, it's likely your GPU is good enough to not experience frame stutter anyways. This "fix" is really only for people who have better GPU's. Bonus points if you have 120+hz monitor.
I can run 100 fps max resolution (4k) 120hz monitor at highest settings with 101fps none of that unlocks bullshoot stated in this thread used. I still get frame stutter. The stutter isnt caused by a shitty graphics card its caused by shitty optimization. Edited by YeOldLegends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
I can run 100 fps max resolution (4k) 120hz monitor at highest settings with 101fps none of that unlocks bullshoot stated in this thread used. I still get frame stutter. The stutter isnt caused by a shitty graphics card its caused by shitty optimization.
I get no frame stutter outside of the rare hiccup every 30 mins with an AMD R9 280x 6gb and an i7-6700k at 120fps. Maybe that's the secret combo to bypass the optimization issues lol

I also have a 10gb paging file and an SSD which probably helps tremendously
  Edited by SLICKIEM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:
I get no frame stutter outside of the rare hiccup every 30 mins with an AMD R9 280x 6gb and an i7-6700k at 120fps. Maybe that's the secret combo to bypass the optimization issues lol

I also have a 10gb paging file and an SSD which probably helps tremendously
 
I have a GTX 1060 6GB, i7 8700, Samsung 960 PRO NVMe. Comparing the two. I should be having no frame stutter or micro lag. Guess what I do. Which proves my point. It's nothing to do with hardware and all to do with optimization. 

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-AMD-R9-280X/3639vs2192
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-6700K/3937vs3502
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-960-Pro-NVMe-PCIe-M2-512GB-vs-Samsung-850-Evo-250GB/m182182vs2977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not forget with update 3.5 and 4+ some bugs will fixed with those engine updates.
best way is to chk update notes for 3.5-4+

Edited by Dahel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, necro-bumping I know, but the original post of this thread is a bit inaccurate albeit still neat since it got me to try CRU again in the first place, so I'm gonna share my CRU settings and a step-by-step guide for those of you who want to increase the fps limit up to 145 fps in APB, instead of the 121 fps that @MrsHappyPenguin suggested:

 

❗WARNING❗ MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO SAFE BOOT YOUR PC BEFORE DOING THIS so you can reset your setup in case you accidentally switch your monitor to the 144hz+ resolution inside other software or your operating system's/Windows' settings! It is important to know that you DO NOT NEED TO SWITCH TO THE 144hz+ RESOLUTION!

 

0HqcAMb.png

 

In order to increase the fps cap of APB, all you need to do is

1. create a new detailed resolution that is identical to your topmost detailed resolution via the "add..." button inside CRU

2. in the "Frequency" section of the new detailed resolution's settings, set the refresh rate to 144 or above

3. click the "OK" button

4. move the 144hz+ detailed resolution you just created to the second line, underneath the topmost detailed resolution, via the up-arrow-button

5. click the "OK" once again (this closes CRU, nothing to worry about)

6. open the directory/folder where you ran CRU from again if you closed it and, depending on your operating system, run "restart64program" if it's in 64-bit, or "restart32program" if it's in 32-bit

 

Side note: If you want to run the game at a custom resolution (e.g. like me at 1024x819 which is 5:4/8:5 or basically any other resolution that your monitor is capable of displaying), but your monitor is ancient and doesn't scale unusual resolutions properly (like mine oof, playing the game in 4:3 squished to 5:4 felt so bad lol):
If your GPU has a resolution scaling feature you're in luck! All you need to do is

1. enable GPU scaling inside your GPU's settings

1.2 check if enabling GPU scaling limits your refresh rate via your operating system's display settings; if it does, you'll need to go into CRU, select the topmost detailed resolution, click on "edit", change the refresh rate to the one your monitor was running at before enabling GPU scaling, click the "ok" button, click the other "ok" button and finally run restart64program inside CRU's directory again

2. create a new detailed resolution in CRU and set that one to your desired resolution and refresh rate (again, your monitor must be capable of displaying it of course, make sure to test if via your operating system's settings)
 

Enjoy! 🤟😎👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...