Sign in to follow this  
Emily

02/03 SATURDAY PATCH

Hello Everyone,

We want to inform you that maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday, February 3rd, starting at 8 AM UTC.

Expected Downtime: Approximately 2 to 4 hours. This is to perform a quick fix on our servers.

Your patience and understanding during this maintenance period are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your support.

how about you add blacksky to the in game menu, now that most ppl are using it and you don't seem to be bannering for it

its soft on the eyes, i love it

20 hours ago, Emily said:

2 to 4 hours.

NA still inaccessible 7hrs after.

Do You Staff know this?

can we get some feedback.  

So error code 10004 account in use by other device. 

i try to switch characters n get booted to log in. 

relog in twice n get the same.  smh

You people have really botched this game

They added a 1 second delay to the ready up function. Press K, wait 1 second, then your character name turns green. It used to be instant.

EDIT:

And now missions are not starting. Been ready for about 20 minutes in a 40v40 district.

Missions do not start when a group member is afk. Little Orbit manage to impress me with the randomt things they manage to break.

Edited by BlatMan

51 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

They added a 1 second delay to the ready up function. Press K, wait 1 second, then your character name turns green. It used to be instant.

EDIT:

And now missions are not starting. Been ready for about 20 minutes in a 40v40 district.

Missions do not start when a group member is afk. Little Orbit manage to impress me with the randomt things they manage to break.

probably the new matchmaking system that doesn't allow unopposed missions

ol' matterscatter made a cryptic tweet today about phase 1 of the next big feature

phase 1 is apparently to just straight up lie to the playerbase about the patch, so we're off to a great start

11 hours ago, vsb said:

phase 1 is apparently to just straight up lie to the playerbase about the patch, so we're off to a great start

As many players have noticed, the new matchmaking system is in fact in and word is slowly spreading, I would assume that this is some sort of soft-launch that doesn't commit to anything in case the system breaks due to conditions that simply weren't able to be tested on OTW due to the limited amount of players and the fact that it has its own skill rating server meaning that your live threat/mmr does not carry over.

I doubt the intend here is to lie to players but rather not say the new matchmaking is here to then have players return to the game just for the matchmaking patch having to be reverted because of issues.

Edited by Frosi

Well, if the matchmaking system is back, its time to start play missions again ...

Edited by Heal

On 03/02/2024 at 15:03, MACKxBOLAN said:

NA ainda inacessível 7 horas depois.

Vocês, funcionários, sabem disso?

podemos obter algum feedback.  

I've been waiting almost 2 days with error code 8

Well whatever they did, they made matchmaking worse.

- Rarely starts a mission with a group of 4.

- Can't start a mission with an AFK group member.

- Matchmaking by threat is still terrible. Got plenty of 3 golds vs 3 silvers. One mission was 3 golds vs 2 silvers and 1 green.

- It takes about a second to ready up, sometimes longer. This leads to group members attempting to ready up twice and canceling it, because they think the first key press didn't register.

- There's still the problem with random contact rewards not being unlocked when winning a mission, due to Joker tickets overriding the random rewards.

Edited by BlatMan

55 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

- Rarely starts a mission with a group of 4.

There's no more unopposed missions so this is rather normal as you would also wait for extended periods when playing in groups of 4 under the old system.

- Can't start a mission with an AFK group member.

Wanting that to be possible is reasonable and good feedback.

- Matchmaking by threat is still terrible. Got plenty of 3 golds vs 3 silvers. One mission was 3 golds vs 2 silvers and 1 green.

Whilst the second example is questionable, the first one isn't unreasonable if the silvers are close to gold and the golds are close to silver in terms of their hidden MMR. Unless there's huge gaps in visible threat its best not to focus on it.

- It takes about a second to ready up, sometimes longer. This leads to group members attempting to ready up twice and canceling it, because they think the first key press didn't register.

The system was moved to work on the world server rather than on the individual district meaning that latency now plays a bigger factor, if your latency to the world server is high, readying up might take a second.

- There's still the problem with random contact rewards not being unlocked when winning a mission, due to Joker tickets overriding the random rewards.

This is kinda unrelated to Matchmaking itself but has gotten worse now that unopposed missions are gone so they defo need to take a look at that.

Can't say this is my experience, I'm a very high MMR gold player and I still get matches and they also feel much more balanced because the system no longer considers me against 2/3 silvers a valid match.

Edited by Frosi

It's impossible for me to know if a match is balanced because I don't know the exact threat values. However, I was near max threat when we had the 1-10 threat colors, and have been gold since then. Same story with the players I was grouped with. It's highly unlikely us 3 golds are close in threat to 3 silvers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frosi said:
16 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Can't say this is my experience, I'm a very high MMR gold player and I still get matches and they also feel much more balanced because the system no longer considers me against 2/3 silvers a valid match.

15 hours ago, Frosi said:
16 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Whilst the second example is questionable, the first one isn't unreasonable if the silvers are close to gold and the golds are close to silver in terms of their hidden MMR. Unless there's huge gaps in visible threat its best not to focus on it.

What I find questionable, it's the fact  for some reason you totally forgot about the green player in the contest . . .

Edited by PingOVER9000

On 03/02/2024 at 15:03, MACKxBOLAN said:

NA ainda inacessível 7 horas depois.

Vocês, funcionários, sabem disso?

podemos obter algum feedback.  

On 02/02/2024 at 18:41, Emily said:

Olá pessoal,

Informamos que a manutenção está marcada para amanhã, sábado, dia 3 de fevereiro, a partir das 8h UTC.

Tempo de inatividade esperado: Aproximadamente 2 a 4 horas. Isso é para realizar uma correção rápida em nossos servidores.

Sua paciência e compreensão durante este período de manutenção serão muito apreciadas. Obrigado pelo seu apoio.

unreachable after 2 days