Owondyah

Death of Game: Fallen Earth (popular youtube series cover FE)

Interesting but I feel as though he carefully selected poor gameplay footage that was either of bugs, was laggy or showed Fallen Earth as a barren wasteland with no other players that had no relevance to what he was talking about at that point of time in the video. But any publicity is good publicity 🙂

Way to give the new owners a chance. Saying the game is dead but also mentioning that it has new owners and there is a hope something could cone of it.

I wonder if this guy played after release and has actual first hand experience of these "bugs and rubberbanding"

Ill actually defend FE as it was when i played in 2008-2010. Rubberbanding was a thing for the first month or so but icarus fixed it for the most part.

I can safely say as a hardcore FE player that played the shit out of the game, the bugs were few and far between and werent game breaking in the slightest.

Bugs and rubberbanding didnt make people stop playing. The lack of pve group content at endgame did that.

The biggest issue with the game is that the engine just cant handle alot of player activity. Even if the game was to suddenly have 20k players, the server would crap out due to all the players, vehicles/mounts, and player placed items such as tents and what not. Anyone around for anniversary events can remember how terrible the server/engine would handle all the activity. If Fallen Earth is to ever get big again, it unfortunately needs an engine upgrade.

Honestly think the vid was kinda spot on. Player count for FE has always been small, now its almost non existent. The current increase in population while nice, isn't really a lot.

Hopefully if things are improved with FE we will see more population growth but it will never be a popular game, as it is old, dated, clunky, buggy, etc.  But for us that still stay, we love FE for all its quirks (even if it is a love/hate relationship).

Its a niche, old game and cannot compete with newer titles at all but love it we do.

14 hours ago, Prometheus2011 said:

Way to give the new owners a chance. Saying the game is dead but also mentioning that it has new owners and there is a hope something could cone of it.

I wonder if this guy played after release and has actual first hand experience of these "bugs and rubberbanding"

Ill actually defend FE as it was when i played in 2008-2010. Rubberbanding was a thing for the first month or so but icarus fixed it for the most part.

I can safely say as a hardcore FE player that played the shit out of the game, the bugs were few and far between and werent game breaking in the slightest.

Bugs and rubberbanding didnt make people stop playing. The lack of pve group content at endgame did that.

This guy does basically surface level investigating and has a tendency to get things wrong or not know what he is talking about. That's why you could essentially sum up his video in 30 seconds:

-Isn't Fallout 76(which has no gameplay)

-Plays like a decade old game so could use an engine upgrade like APB is getting(APB's was scheduled for about 5 years now)

-Has bugs

At least with APB he went into some depth with rtw and how rtw ran, but this he misses many points and says very little. Very little especially for a 17 minute long video. More was said in this thread in regards to its issues than the video really.

@MICFILLERAgreed. It was like a plug for fallout. Funny thing is that he showed the game as being devoid of players even after launch. Which is just untrue as the population was pretty good for the first couple of years.

After the hype wore off and the obvious fact that icarus was not gonna be in a position to release content in a timely if ever manner, new players kept trickling in. But the numbers werent enough to sustain growth.

I have to say that those first 2 years were, apart from Neocron, the best time i had in an mmo. 

FE has a ton of untapped potential that can still be achieved. Honestly i dont think it needs a new engine. The cost and time of doing that would far outweigh what it would take to fix a few things here and there.

I would redo the entire mutation system...so its not just tacked onto the combat as a secondary to gunplay. This would mean increasing the players gamma pool and regen dramatically.

Having the option to be a pure psychic caster would be a huge change to the game.

I also think increasing health and stamina pool/regen overall to make comvat last longer could be an idea.

Along with the the obvious need for content, fixing what bugs they can and if possible make combat a bit smoother would go a long way to making FE a top game.

The movement and hitting players in combat always felt a bit clunky to me. Pvp ends up being a circle jerk of 5-10 people just running circles around each other.

btw its not MY video 🙂

And I think dude made perfect video on this game in current state. I agree with literally everything stated there.