Sign in to follow this  

Little Orbit; What are your views on us using RTW Shader Files?

Honest question because non rtw shader apb looks like absolute patootie.

Default APB
iBBNKoY.png

RTW Shaders APB
dmHaW54.png

Edited by Guest
Posted pics.

I just really dont like the grey overtone of everything and how it makes colors all grimey and what not.  Its visually unappealing to look at.

Edited by Guest

Would be cool to see it allowed however there is no existing link for it

Well that depends on Little Orbits answer if you catch my drift here

little orbit what are your views on closing this thread before it turns into another shader debate

• Like 3

I vote that they answer and tell banned that he is a dweebnugget >:C

Shaders are not allowed, that includes the RTW shader, but I don't believe BE is kicking for it/blocking it from loading.

4 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Shaders are not allowed, that includes the RTW shader, but I don't believe BE is kicking for it/blocking it from loading.

y not though. the game looks like shit in all honestly without shaders.

2 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Honest question because non rtw shader apb looks like absolute patootie.

Answered on the Live Stream.

Slippery slope they aren't going to go down.

3 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Answered on the Live Stream.

Slippery slope they aren't going to go down.

which one?

2 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

which one?

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

1 minute ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

Ahhhh yee yee, I remember this part now.

Well Im just gonna use the RTW Files until Im told not to because I think the way APB looks without em looks completely terrible.   Check main post.

Just now, a Pair of Socks said:

Ahhhh yee yee, I remember this part now.

Well Im just gonna use the RTW Files until Im told not to because I think the way APB looks without em looks completely terrible.   Check main post.

Do as you please, but, I do believe that was Matt Scott, the CEO of Little Orbit, Owner of GamersFirst, Publisher of All Points Bulletin: Reloaded, basically saying, don't use shaders.

1 minute ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Do as you please, but, I do believe that was Matt Scott, the CEO of Little Orbit, Owner of GamersFirst, Publisher of All Points Bulletin: Reloaded, basically saying, don't use shaders.

2 many commas >:C

Edited by Guest

Not sure why you even need shaders in anycase, the game looks shit regardless. While lighting is a major factor for visual fidelity in games such as Skyrim, Fallout and GW2 to name a few. In this game, the shaders literally make 0 difference other than the game still looking like shit due to the graphics options and outdated textures, if you want a more "orange" glow or color, just use f.lux #EZ

I saw some streamer uses custom shader crosshair.

BE doesn't kick... okay...

22 minutes ago, dett2 said:

I saw some streamer uses custom shader crosshair.

BE doesn't kick... okay...

It goes in waves, the banning process that is. But now it does not do anything against modified files indeed.

Was also looking for peoples opinions too on the difference of unshaded vs shaded but oh well rofl. 

I would much rather have the RTW shaders re-implemented as an option. Matt even said in the QnA that they should be providing those options.

An official implementation would be better.

I'm just using the advanced launcher, hoping for RTW shaders to come back.

Custom shader looks the same to BE as a cheat shader, so might want to think twice on that idea.

But yeah game needs some Moon Cosmic Makeover or something.

Sign in to follow this