Sign in to follow this  
Stongs / shidiOt

District Population

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

more people in district = more people out of mission and ready for mission = more people in the pool for you to get put against.

In the old days, it wasn't uncommon for us to get 3-4v6-7+

i do feel like somehow the numbers were forced to be even rather than just dumping extra players in to compensate higher threat, it’s been ages since i’ve gotten anything higher than a 6v6

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i do feel like somehow the numbers were forced to be even rather than just dumping extra players in to compensate higher threat, it’s been ages since i’ve gotten anything higher than a 6v6

yup ive noticed the same.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

more people in district = more people out of mission and ready for mission = more people in the pool for you to get put against.

In the old days, it wasn't uncommon for us to get 3-4v6-7+

Yeah, but if the pool is garbage, match making is garbage. That isn't what you're understanding. The population right now isn't good enough for the larger districts. Everyone will want to be in the full district and will ignore the overflow one. They will spam rather than go in the "dead" district because 10 out of 50 looks much worse than 10 out of 35. Right now the key is to get people playing and the districts populated in general then we can suggest larger districts when we are guaranteed at least 2 FN and 2 WF for gold players.

Isn't that bad tbh. 

Last time i saw that many, was like 3 years ago ^^

giphy.gif

• Like 1

really hoping 50/50 comes back

waiting long times for op and getting same people over and over again anyway gets kind of dull

Yeah 50/50 or more would be great, if the servers can do it without committing sudoku.

I am having trouble understanding why this is a population issue and not a match making issue. Saying you have more to choose from doesn't mean it fixes match matching. Someone please explain it in simple terms. Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I am having trouble understanding why this is a population issue and not a match making issue. Saying you have more to choose from doesn't mean it fixes match matching. Someone please explain it in simple terms. Thank you. 

the matchmaking is semi-fine, the relatively low population to choose from (40v40) severely limits options so after set amount of time not finding any correct matchmaking the system will go for the next best and the next best and the next best until you end up with bad results

a greater population to choose teams from would increase the likelihood of the matchmaking performing better

Just now, BXNNXD said:

the matchmaking is semi-fine, the relatively low population to choose from (40v40) severely limits options so after set amount of time not finding any correct matchmaking the system will go for the next best and the next best and the next best until you end up with bad results

a greater population to choose teams from would increase the likelihood of the matchmaking performing better

Okay, so you're suggesting an extra 15 people to choose from for your pool while I am suggesting an extra 35 to pick from. Why is an extra 15 better than an extra 35? 

3 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Okay, so you're suggesting an extra 15 people to choose from for your pool while I am suggesting an extra 35 to pick from. Why is an extra 15 better than an extra 35? 

youre still suggesting less people 

regardless of how many districts there are 35v35 will make the matchmaking worse

No need for that. Literaly no need.

It would make ur game run like crap. U would suffer from waiting for free spot in district anyway.

40v40 is a magic number imo, and it should not be touched.

1 hour ago, LaQuandra said:

Do you even understand what you are saying? Where did you get this extra 35 from? 50 is bigger than 35 you know. There is literally 0 benefit from going down in district population so idk why you're even arguing it.

22 minutes ago, Stongs / shidiOt said:

Do you even understand what you are saying? Where did you get this extra 35 from? 50 is bigger than 35 you know. There is literally 0 benefit from going down in district population so idk why you're even arguing it.

In the past, it was suggested as a performance solution to awful servers.
Ofc nobody accepted, it sort of makes it even harder to get opposition. 

first of all the ddos problem needs to be resolved. and if servers are stable and can run with that population than may yes.

4 hours ago, Stongs / shidiOt said:

Okay, it is obvious you're not reading my posts or comprehending them so I am going to attempt one last time. I generally like to speak in facts and reality and I don't over exaggerate things.

Let's say on average NA has 450 people. We will use your suggestion and look at see how much it will improve match making (hint, not much).

Silver FN- 50/50 (350 people left playing)

Silver WF 50/50 (250 people left playing)

Brozne FN 50/50 (150 people left playing)

Bronze WF (50/50 50 people left playing)

Social district 43 (7 people left playing)

The other people are in the other districts that look like 0/4 0/1 etc. You aren't ever going to join those districts. Instead you're spamming one of the full districts.

Now, let's take a look at how it would look if you didn't increase the population. 

Silver FN 35/35 (380 Left Playing)

Silver WF 35/35 (310 Left playing)

Bronze FN 35/35 (240 Left playing)

Bronze WF 35/35 (170 Left playing)

Social District 43 (127 Left playing)

Ram Raiders 7 (120 Left playing)

Well, well, well. In your scenario I am spamming the only full district. In my scenario there are 120 other people now. What can those 120 do you ask?

Overflow district 35/35 (50 People Left Playing)

Overflow district 25/25 (0 People left playing)

There you go. Proof in the numbers. 

So ahead guys. Upvote this "terrific" idea to improve MATCHMAKING and instead you're left with 15 extra people in scenario 1 who would do active missions. In my scenario you're getting an extra 60 people for matchmaking. Guys, this isn't fantasy land. We won't have 1000s of players on NA to do what you're suggesting. Instead you're going to make it be 1 Financial and 1 Waterfront. My solution gives you OVERFLOW districts in which people will CONTINUE TO PLAY MISSIONS. Isn't that what you want?

Your suggestion is going to make people log off, sit in social, or just play fight club because the one district they need/want to play in is full. Please tell me how that improves the game? My suggestion gives them an overflow district which would encourage other players to join.  

I am well aware of what I am saying....it's obvious you guys have not thought it through....so yeah.....let's just bandwagon a terrible idea in the current state of APB. 

Maybe you want to log in and spam one district with 3 of your buddies. I don't. I'd rather log in and go into a populated district. How well does matchmaking work when you're spamming?

31 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Okay, it is obvious you're not reading my posts or comprehending them so I am going to attempt one last time. I generally like to speak in facts and reality and I don't over exaggerate things.

Let's say on average NA has 450 people. We will use your suggestion and look at see how much it will improve match making (hint, not much).

The other people are in the other districts that look like 0/4 0/1 etc. You aren't ever going to join those districts. Instead you're spamming one of the full districts.

Now, let's take a look at how it would look if you didn't increase the population. 

Well, well, well. In your scenario I am spamming the only full district. In my scenario there are 120 other people now. What can those 120 do you ask?

So ahead guys. Upvote this "terrific" idea to improve MATCHMAKING and instead you're left with 15 extra people in scenario 1 who would do active missions. In my scenario you're getting an extra 60 people for matchmaking. Guys, this isn't fantasy land. We won't have 1000s of players on NA to do what you're suggesting. Instead you're going to make it be 1 Financial and 1 Waterfront. My solution gives you OVERFLOW districts in which people will CONTINUE TO PLAY MISSIONS. Isn't that what you want?

Your suggestion is going to make people log off, sit in social, or just play fight club because the one district they need/want to play in is full. Please tell me how that improves the game? My suggestion gives them an overflow district which would encourage other players to join.  

I am well aware of what I am saying....it's obvious you guys have not thought it through....so yeah.....let's just bandwagon a terrible idea in the current state of APB. 

Maybe you want to log in and spam one district with 3 of your buddies. I don't. I'd rather log in and go into a populated district. How well does matchmaking work when you're spamming?

what’s actually going to happen is that there will still be districts with 5-10 people, but now all the districts have shittier matchmaking

41 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

what’s actually going to happen is that there will still be districts with 5-10 people, but now all the districts have shittier matchmaking

Do you actually care to show me why/how you think that? If you increase the districts size all that will happen is babies will die. See, I can say ridiculous unfounded things as well. 

Edited by LaQuandra

4 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Do you actually care to show me why/how you think that? If you increase the districts size all that will happen is babies will die. See, I can say ridiculous unfounded things as well. 

because this won’t actually be solving any problems

if you have a 50/50 district and 5 leftover players, splitting that into 2 25v25 districts leaves you with the same issue, except matchmaking is now worse for everyone instead of just those 5 leftover players

Just now, BXNNXD said:

because this won’t actually be solving any problems

if you have a 50/50 district and 5 leftover players, splitting that into 2 25v25 districts leaves you with the same issue, except matchmaking is now worse for everyone instead of just those 5 leftover players

When did I say split it into 2? Did you not read my post. You tell me how the districts will look with 450 players if the max size is 50/50.

Just now, LaQuandra said:

When did I say split it into 2? Did you not read my post. You tell me how the districts will look with 450 players if the max size is 50/50.

the point was that breaking down the districts into smaller and smaller pieces doesn’t alleviate the problem, there’s always going to be “leftover districts”

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

the point was that breaking down the districts into smaller and smaller pieces doesn’t alleviate the problem, there’s always going to be “leftover districts”

No...you're missing the point.

Do you want 1 50/50 district and no over flow or two 35/35 districts? I'll take 2 districts over one. Why is an extra 15 better than a extra 35? 

Just put everyone in 1 massive district 😉

giphy.gif

On 5/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, LaQuandra said:

Your depiction of what players do on this game is very inaccurate. You're suggesting that when there are 450 players online they're literally all doing missions and only 43 people are in social and you don't even include fight club so that just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about. In what world do you live in that with 450 players online there are 2 full bronze and silver waterfront and financial? You clearly don't understand that lower district population DIRECTLY effects matchmaking, the less players in the pool to match you in the longer it's going to take to get a game. You're only going off of a best case scenario, who's to say those 120 players left aren't going to join the bronze district or go to social or play fight club? Jericho currently has 514 players online and would you look at that? not a single full district but with your scenario we would have 2 full silver districts and would you look at that? There would be no other option for me to join so what would I have to do? I would have to spam into one of those full district, but if the districts were instead 50/50 I wouldn't even have to wait, I could just join either one of the districts. Your representation is very unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, Stongs / shidiOt said:

Your depiction of what players do on this game is very inaccurate. You're suggesting that when there are 450 players online they're literally all doing missions and only 43 people are in social and you don't even include fight club so that just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about. In what world do you live in that with 450 players online there are 2 full bronze and silver waterfront and financial? You clearly don't understand that lower district population DIRECTLY effects matchmaking, the less players in the pool to match you in the longer it's going to take to get a game. You're only going off of a best case scenario, who's to say those 120 players left aren't going to join the bronze district or go to social or play fight club? Jericho currently has 514 players online and would you look at that? not a single full district but with your scenario we would have 2 full silver districts and would you look at that? There would be no other option for me to join so what would I have to do? I would have to spam into one of those full district, but if the districts were instead 50/50 I wouldn't even have to wait, I could just join either one of the districts. Your representation is very unrealistic.

I didn't say that would exactly how it looks. I was using it for purposes to show you how larger districts would most like funnel people into one district which they would spam and they would avoid the overflow. I have some anecdotal evidence for you. I played yesterday and was in a group of 4. The only Financial district was full. We sat in social for a bit knowing spamming would be annoying. I suggested going into the "dead" overflow district that was 10/7 I believe. Within 10 minutes there it was 25/25. We had to wait a few moments for opposition because of MATCHMAKING, but within 20 minutes the district was full and we got consistent opposition.

Last night I played with a group of 4 and we had to wait a little bit in a 40/40 district because of MATCHMAKING. Adding 10 more silver or low gold players isn't going to help MATCHMAKING. Once some higher level players joined we got missions.

I know very much what I am talking about. I am not being emotional and complaining that I do not get opposition right away and think that MATCHMAKING is dependent on server population when it is more dependent on player quality. You wouldn't be complaining if all districts were like open conflict because regardless of population size, if they are ready, you're getting opposition. 

Sign in to follow this