Sign in to follow this  
Zealocke

BUFF THE COBR-A!

It's one of those guns that requires a LOT of practice to work with.

In this case, the mods you set it up with determine what range/niche it best works at.

If they put the COBR-A and the ISSR "Artemis" back to where they started, they'd be okay... They were still slower firing, but they had amazing accuracy and the spread cone reset after every shot just like the PMG and the Star LCR

Sometimes I like trading out a little ttk for ease of use. The ttk on them is already atrocious so they should be super easy to use.

@Zealocke instead of making thread after thread about what you think should be changed, maybe just learn to use weapons that suit your fighting style. Learn to use situationally appropriate weapons. By now you have seen that at best, people have differing opinions. More likely, just disagree.]

Go play instead of trying to convince people things should work how you like, if you can't go play, shit, do something more productive with your time.

• Like 1

No. This is dumb and unnecessary and you clearly made this just to post that gi-joe meme.

Power creep is a thing, look into it.

TLDR: the premise is as follows. New weapons are released, and if they aren't better than what exists, there is no purpose to use or more importantly to buy them. The problem here is that something put in line with something else that already exists and is already established makes one question the nature and necessity of its existence. Which is to say, there is none.

There is no reason to use some meme gun when pmgs-hvr-ntec can be had from any contact for less than a few grand and off the cash shop for next to nothing.

Also, wheres the arguments friend? care to post stats? Care to elaborate or are you just going to dumpster-post?

God these forums devolved while I was away. You deserve a better breed of S.poster

14 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

@Zealocke instead of making thread after thread about what you think should be changed, maybe just learn to use weapons that suit your fighting style. Learn to use situationally appropriate weapons. By now you have seen that at best, people have differing opinions. More likely, just disagree.]

Go play instead of trying to convince people things should work how you like, if you can't go play, shit, do something more productive with your time.

There is no play style that uses the Cobr-A. It has 0 upsides and all downsides when side-by-side compared to any other gun in it's class. If you use it, you're literally handicapping yourself on purpose. Attaway to shoot yourself in the leg again, Cheddar Bob.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

This is the same mentality as someone who tells others to just use the weapons that everyone uses like the ntec, atac, whisper, and HVR because those weapons are simply the "best".

That makes a game so boring. No one would enjoy a game where everyone has the exact same weapon and mods all the time. Instead of shutting someone down who is simply trying to let the new company know that the majority of weapons need to be overlooked to bring them up to par, why don't you go play the game the way you like since the way you like to play apparently is in your favor and needs no adjusting 🙂

5 minutes ago, Unclean said:

This is the same mentality as someone who tells others to just use the weapons that everyone uses like the ntec, atac, whisper, and HVR because those weapons are simply the "best".

That makes a game so boring. No one would enjoy a game where everyone has the exact same weapon and mods all the time. Instead of shutting someone down who is simply trying to let the new company know that the majority of weapons need to be overlooked to bring them up to par, why don't you go play the game the way you like since the way you like to play apparently is in your favor and needs no adjusting 🙂

You have an opinion, thats wonderful, everyone has an opinion on guns and if the devs listened to everyone it would be a bloody mess.

Also, seriously, he keeps making new threads and such about gun balance, before of what you are standing for or you will fall for anything.

Edited by Gunsei
Clarification

Just now, Gunsei said:

You have an opinion, thats wonderful, everyone has an opinion on guns and if the devs listened to everyone it would be a fucking mess.

I agree that he should have posted why it needs buffed, but going into a thread that's talking about a clearly faulty weapon and basically saying "get good, stop whining, and go play" is the just the wrong mentality for anything.

A lot of weapons were "meh" , but still very usable before G1 implemented the curves system. When they implemented the curves system, they pulled a classic G1 act and messed with things they shouldn't have, like nerfing the COBR-A and the ISSR. 

It's true that if they listened to everyone, the game would be a mess, but when the majority of people agree on something and the use of the weapon is under the 5% of the population, then there's clearly something wrong with the weapon. Notice how no one gave any bad ideas, but simply said "buff the COBR-A".... So what is there to argue that's a bad idea here?

3 minutes ago, Unclean said:

I agree that he should have posted why it needs buffed, but going into a thread that's talking about a clearly faulty weapon and basically saying "get good, stop whining, and go play" is the just the wrong mentality for anything.

A lot of weapons were "meh" , but still very usable before G1 implemented the curves system. When they implemented the curves system, they pulled a classic G1 act and messed with things they shouldn't have, like nerfing the COBR-A and the ISSR. 

It's true that if they listened to everyone, the game would be a mess, but when the majority of people agree on something and the use of the weapon is under the 5% of the population, then there's clearly something wrong with the weapon. Notice how no one gave any bad ideas, but simply said "buff the COBR-A".... So what is there to argue that's a bad idea here?

Ok, but if you want to present you feed back and suggestions, and do it on a regular basis, and actually have people that are looking for threads about that, perhaps at the very least do it in the suggestion forum.

Also, its a pay to use gun if you don't like it shouldn't buy it? I feel like you are white knighting pretty hard, maybe I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Gunsei said:

Ok, but if you want to present you feed back and suggestions, and do it on a regular basis, and actually have people that are looking for threads about that, perhaps at the very least do it in the suggestion forum.

Also, its a pay to use gun if you don't like it shouldn't buy it? I feel like you are white knighting pretty hard, maybe I'm wrong.

I feel like you jump to assumptions and start arguments online a lot for amusement, so I'll be quick and simple, like your thought processes. I'm not really sure what I'd be white knighting here.. the fact that broken weapons should get fixed? 

It's a pay-to-use gun... okay, what does that have to do with balance exactly? Do you think that all free guns are mandatory use? They aren't. That argument has nothing to do with the balance or use of the weapon. No one is asking for the gun to be OP, just to be fixed.

The weapon was very different when it was released and when most people bought it. I guess that's probably why people want the gun to be fixed. We asked a long time ago for it's firerate to be a little faster to make the ttk ~.8 to .85, but instead we had the curves system slapped onto it and it's spread recovery changed. The firerate remained the same. That's a flat nerf to the gun that most people already didn't want to play with. That's an issue in a game based around balance and being different if you didn't know. Even fixing that spread back to where it was and keeping the ttk@1.05 would be an awesome buff.

Same goes with the ISSR "Artemis". The exact same thing happened to both rifles for some reason.

If you decide to throw in some constructive criticism as to why you are so against more variance in a game where customization is pretty important, I'll be happy to reply.

1 hour ago, Gunsei said:

I think people in general have answered you better than i did. Gun is broken? , then why not discuss it.

Of course if you prefer the 25th topic about battleeye or the 40th one about customer support, or even worse... the 1945th one about nerfing a gun thats popular then why are you answering this post in the first place.

Lemme spice things up. You are free to ignore me. Also this threads give good feedback about what everyone things.

1 hour ago, MEDIC! said:

No. This is dumb and unnecessary and you clearly made this just to post that gi-joe meme.

Power creep is a thing, look into it.

TLDR: the premise is as follows. New weapons are released, and if they aren't better than what exists, there is no purpose to use or more importantly to buy them. The problem here is that something put in line with something else that already exists and is already established makes one question the nature and necessity of its existence. Which is to say, there is none.

There is no reason to use some meme gun when pmgs-hvr-ntec can be had from any contact for less than a few grand and off the cash shop for next to nothing.

Also, wheres the arguments friend? care to post stats? Care to elaborate or are you just going to dumpster-post?

God these forums devolved while I was away. You deserve a better breed of S.poster

Na.. People dont care about stats, check my star thread for example. Also i checked most people agree about the Cobr-a.

Guilty on the meme, though, i couldnt resist.

Edited by Zealocke

I have to admit. If the original post had, you know, actual content, maybe something along the lines of "I bought the gun on X date, it was changed on Y Date, these are the numbers "numbers" I think it should be looked at for changing, or maybe people get a refund of G1C" I would have read it, and shrugged most likely. If it was posted in the proper suggestion area, I wouldn't even have read it.

But the guy who brought us

Starts this thread, with nothing more than a title, and an unrelated video for what, humor?

If its to be taken seriously, its been done in entirely the wrong way.

You seem to be reacting quite strongly over me simply voicing my opinion.

I suppose, my initial post was dismissive. But it was my response to the thread as presented.

8 minutes ago, Gunsei said:

I have to admit. If the original post had, you know, actual content, maybe something along the lines of "I bought the gun on X date, it was changed on Y Date, these are the numbers "numbers" I think it should be looked at for changing, or maybe people get a refund of G1C" I would have read it, and shrugged most likely. If it was posted in the proper suggestion area, I wouldn't even have read it.

But the guy who brought us

Starts this thread, with nothing more than a title, and an unrelated video for what, humor?

If its to be taken seriously, its been done in entirely the wrong way.

You seem to be reacting quite strongly over me simply voicing my opinion.

I suppose, my initial post was dismissive. But it was my response to the thread as presented.

If i take it seriously.. im wrong.

If i take it lightly.. im still wrong.

Really.. if you dont like it, just ignore it. Thats my last response to you.

Edited by Zealocke

oof, cant vote honestly on this one as Ive been warned never to use this gun... and I listened

Sign in to follow this