CookiePuss

When will the new ToS actually be enforced?

Just now, Sayori said:

My bad. But you know you can't have new player retention if you don't have any new players.

Literally said Im working with new players.

2UySdwN.gif

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe the earth IS flat!

I mean, have you ever seen it from space in person?

BTRXVhU.gif

well, dunno, can brinzes go green treated districts?

26 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Just force player to change district as soon as he hits gold, dunno whats wrong with that. They could implement this.

G1 locked golds in gold districts for more than 3 times but people kept crying about it...this is the perfect time to do it again to make sure new players dont face dethreaters...
And just implement a "can't do more missions in this district" once you go from silver to gold.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

For the obvious ones at least, that wouldnt be hard to do.

Cookie knows the type of people I am talking about. Those that have the skill level that makes some people go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Literally said Im working with new players.

2UySdwN.gif

kek. Haven't said there are no new players at all. Just like when I say APB is dead doesn't mean it has ZERO players. You know what I mean....

But you cherry pick something  and evade the rest like why do new players need help. Something something children. 

And for the last time - the problem lies in the system, not the players. LO could do an experiment now they population is up. Lock golds in gold, so silvers/fake golds can go in their natural habitat - silver district. Leave the bronze district for T's and bronzes. But I'm sure T's will get rekt by bronzes too. Then we will need another thread.

/shrug

Edited by Sayori

7 minutes ago, Keshi said:

G1 locked golds in gold districts for more than 3 times but people kept crying about it...this is the perfect time to do it again to make sure new players dont face dethreaters...
And just implement a "can't do more missions in this district" once you go from silver to gold.

that does not help, people just dethreat, and then all locks are pointless, the major key is to deny or annoy people an easy way to dethreat far below of what they actually are.

Lets get the old system again then... the only problem would be the population, before we had more and variety of players and noobs could face another noobs time to time.

But its true they need some time to adapt to the game with other noobs.

Rank should def be another factor to determine your threat.

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

that does not help, people just dethreat, and then all locks are pointless, the major key is to deny or annoy people an easy way to dethreat far below of what they actually are.

let me quote my phrase again 

with that being said... they would have to change district, dethreat, play a game get gold, change to gold again, dethreat, go back to silver and add that in a loop. trust me dethreating will drop drastically. easy implementation. "Golds can not ready up in silver districts"

6 minutes ago, Sayori said:

~snip~

Hmmm... I really didnt think this would be so complicated for you to understand.

The topic is "When will the ToS be enforced?"

Feel free to start your own thread on solutions for the game.

6 minutes ago, Keshi said:

let me quote my phrase again 

with that being said... they would have to change district, dethreat, play a game get gold, change to gold again, dethreat, go back to silver and add that in a loop. trust me dethreating will drop drastically. easy implementation. "Golds can not ready up in silver districts"

Maybe then people stop whining about fakesilvers and accusing them in dethreat.

But how horrible it would be to play with your friend, get a higher threat at end of the mission and get kicked out. Yeah, no more fun with your friends.

What the game really needs is cross-district matchmaking that was supposed to come out in summer 2015 btw lol.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hmmm... I really didnt think this would be so complicated for you to understand.

The topic is "When will the ToS be enforced?"

Feel free to start your own thread on solutions for the game.

And it seems that it's hard for you to understand that being gold in bronze is not against the rules. Dethreating is against the rules. People bounce between the two threats all the time.

Also you refuse to understand why there are silvers in bronze too. I can't do anything more.

Instead, you replied to me with a gif I couldn't make any sense out of it. Use words to convey your message, you are old enough.

Edited by Sayori

2 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Maybe then people stop whining about fakesilvers and accusing them in dethreat.

But how horrible it would be to play with your friend, get a higher threat at end of the mission and get kicked out. Yeah, no more fun with your friends.

What the game really needs is cross-district matchmaking that was supposed to come out in summer 2015 btw lol.

thats why we got open-conflict district. even tho people dont play in there, maybe LO can think of something to get people in there as well? Honestly back then when i had to get people in APB i made new accounts and tried to teach them instead of playing to get 30kills per mission(which can get you to gold in exactly 2 to 3 missions)... ^.^

Edited by Keshi

39 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Sorry but nowhere it says that you can't be a fake gold in bronze. It says that you should not dethreat. So as long as you they have dropped to silver in a legit way, it's fine.

Half of them haven't dropped legit and you know they haven't.

Why do people play dumb and ignore intentional dethreating whenever this subject comes up?

Just now, MrChan said:

Why do people play dumb and ignore intentional dethreating whenever this subject comes up?

Maybe they have, maybe they have not.

I'm not saying people don't do it:) But not everyone.

Just now, MrChan said:

It's like seeing someone stealing and they call it "borrowing"

this type of mentality i guess lol

16 minutes ago, Sayori said:

And it seems that it's hard for you to understand that being gold in bronze is not against the rules. Dethreating is against the rules. People bounce between the two threats all the time.

Which is why the topic is the ToS / CoC, ie: dethreaters.

I dont know how much more simple can I make it.

Edited by CookiePuss

45 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

You know, I wouldn't mind them doing that. As long as the rewards for being Gold in Bronze is literally 0. And also it halts Role progression.

It was stupid of G1 to remove it.

That'll only stop people who care about progression, like max ranks. And I'm not sure if you mean rank or any role progression at all (e.g. the Cop role for arrests).

11 minutes ago, Keshi said:

thats why we got open-conflict district. even tho people dont play in there, maybe LO can think of something to get people in there as well? Honestly back then when i had to get people in APB i made new accounts and tried to teach them instead of playing to get 30kills per mission(which can get you to gold in exactly 2 to 3 missions)... ^.^

Tried open conflict the other day. most of the OPP seemed to be new-ish. Didn't play very smart.

And what about trading?

Talk about making legendaries non trade able or (only sell for cash with minimum price of 1 million$)

as it stands right now is legendary trading legal (while unsupported) for now?

1 minute ago, Zolerox said:

And what about trading?

Talk about making legendaries non trade able or (only sell for cash with minimum price of 1 million$)

as it stands right now is legendary trading legal (while unsupported) for now?

afaik yes it’s “at your own risk” still, although i assume RMT is still a big no-no

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Jesus, how much more simple can I make it?

Is it?  Because in your original post the problem seems to be T's(which are mostly stuck in spawn) facing max rank fake golds with ogres and volcanos. Which is NOT against the rules. Dethreating is.

They are not exactly the same things although can be connected. In which case you should have avoided the part about max ranks, ogres, shreks, volcanos.

Edited by Sayori

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Jesus, how much more simple can I make it?

I think the point he’s making is:

Being high rank gold in Bronze district does not equal dethreating.

It might - but it’s not certain. And ‘might’ isn’t solid enough to warrant any sanctioning because of ToS violations.

You would need an objective case-by-case evaluation if it is indeed punishable, which I would reckon is very time consuming for the GMs with banning powers.

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AsgerLund said:

I think the point he’s making is:

Being high rank gold in Bronze district does not equal dethreating.

It might - but it’s not certain. And ‘might’ isn’t solid enough to warrant any sanktionsbrud because of ToS violations.

You would need an objective case-by-case evaluation if it is indeed punishable, which I would reckon is very time consuming for the GMs with banning powers.

Yes, all true.

Im simply asking that since DT'ing is now mentioned when can we expect it to be enforced?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes, all true.

Im simply asking that since DT'ing is now mentioned when can we expect it to be enforced?

Ah - good question. I don’t know.

I think it’s more important to find out ‘how’ before we start talking about ‘when’. Hopefully LO will find that golden egg somehow.

4 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I think it’s more important to find out ‘how’ before we start talking about ‘when’. Hopefully LO will find that golden egg somehow.

Quite likely.

Still any info would be appreciated.

Without an infusion of new blood to boost population and of course spending, LO will likely go the same route as G1... Slow incremental death.

My main issue with having dethreaters around newbies is actually when they get put on the same team and some of them lash out at the newbies when they underperform and harass them to uninstall. (Clearly some of the people who want weak enemies can’t handle weak allies).

another thing is some of them trying to purge the newbie by TKing them until they fire back so they can kick them and get a better player. (I see this way too often on enemy teams with a new player).

obviously players of all ranks are capable of exercising these behaviours, but I see it more often from highly skilled dethreaters.