Jump to content
MattScott

Dev Update May 2020

Recommended Posts

 

Hopefully one day I can play FE, I saw it in a video, and I was very interested, apparently I was late to play it, but I'm sure I will soon, with this update I still have hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

Lots of good discussion. There is a strategy in the works, but I want to hold back the details till we get the combat systems in and can see how things are working.
 

Thanks,

Matt

 

I miss the Telepathy mutation, but I'm probably entirely attached to it due to several years of roleplay and character development around the skill (and subsequently being driven insane by it), following the predefined lore presented by the game.

Its great seeing both old and new names on the forums and I hope everyone is safe and healthy. 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to see that this classic is finally getting a face lift and is making its way back around, even if it is slowly coming along. I'd rather it go slowly and come out great than rushed and trash. To Matt and the rest of the devs, keep up the great work! Looking forward to seeing the progress. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, Shawn4816 said:

Love to see that this classic is finally getting a face lift and is making its way back around, even if it is slowly coming along. I'd rather it go slowly and come out great than rushed and trash. To Matt and the rest of the devs, keep up the great work! Looking forward to seeing the progress. 

This! I hope the current devs realize that the playerbase was much bigger than this forum leads you to believe (though not really that big during the last few years or compared to other MMOs but those nerds don't know anything... 😛). This remaster/remake/FE2/whatever along with some marketing could really make this game great again. FE was truly one of a kind. Unique post-apocalyptic setting (not that unique anymore since FO76 T_T), Old-school MMORPG elements like long and immersive quest chains, earning reputation, making friends and enemies at leveling spots or PvP zone harvester spots, hunting serendipity mobs, the list goes on... Just amazing. Didn't really mean to write an entire review here but I just really can't wait to play again, thanks for the update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, everyone here wants to see the game back up and running, and we all hyped about the progress, that was made with such small team. Huge thanks to all devs working their patootie off, just to bring FE back from it's grave, and to Matt, for bringing us such good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurry up i'm getting old 🙂

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All:

 

Very happy the game is still being worked on.

 

Personally, I don't have a problem with the characters being wiped, especially if that means the economy will be repaired. I only ask that we can keep our unique account-bound items. It would be nice to still have the items we paid real money for or earned in promotions or special events. Keeping our original characters would also be appreciated even if they are reset to level one and lose all gear except what I mentioned. I'd love to have familiar faces follow me from the old game to the reboot.

 

May my Spiked Chopper and Classy Feathered Top Hat live again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 12:01 AM, Shirael said:

This! I hope the current devs realize that the playerbase was much bigger than this forum leads you to believe (though not really that big during the last few years or compared to other MMOs but those nerds don't know anything... 😛). This remaster/remake/FE2/whatever along with some marketing could really make this game great again. FE was truly one of a kind. Unique post-apocalyptic setting (not that unique anymore since FO76 T_T), Old-school MMORPG elements like long and immersive quest chains, earning reputation, making friends and enemies at leveling spots or PvP zone harvester spots, hunting serendipity mobs, the list goes on... Just amazing. Didn't really mean to write an entire review here but I just really can't wait to play again, thanks for the update!

Of course the player base was HUGE, MASSIVE even. It rivaled other games like WoW. So many players that the servers couldn't handle the influx of players online and that there were queues to get into game at its height of popularity. (can you read the sarcasm?)

 

There were queues because the server couldn't handle a few thousand players. Hell I was told by some whom played from the begining, there were times the servers couldn't handle a few hundred players.

 

A few thousand players is not that many when you consider there are millions of gamers out there. FE while unique and loved by most that played it did not interest the majority of gamers overall. Which is OK because that made the game more special to the devoted players of FE. It is not a game that would ever be popular to the masses because it does not offer instant gratification and requires a considerable amount of time to play and achieve anything (eg: crafting, gathering).

 

Those stating this do not hate FE as some imagine, but live in reality. You can love a game but realise its short comings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the other hand I'm personally pretty fascinated by another fact:

Every time a new thread is started, someone goes with "delete all items" or whatever, despite the official reply "nothing will be deleted",
and then a bunch of pps began to talk about wipe or something, like its some "thing", even though there's no "thing".

Now that's weird)

Obvi, my point bein, is that I'm seeing a bunch talking about some non-existing illusions like some chatbots,

despite the fact that forum is a place to share opinions, and I'm talking about a bunch of pixels on a screen)

Seems to me like a work of some lightbright or All-Mind)

Edited by Creeping Vulture
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I'll just be happy if I dont crash the entire game running a Crafters Market again because 80 people showed up. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

im all good if we keep all or lose all  no matter what the official  reply is or was,......whatever it takes ....

Edited by cyasoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2020 at 1:48 AM, Creeping Vulture said:

On the other hand I'm personally pretty fascinated by another fact:

Every time a new thread is started, someone goes with "delete all items" or whatever, despite the official reply "nothing will be deleted",
and then a bunch of pps began to talk about wipe or something, like its some "thing", even though there's no "thing".

Now that's weird)

Obvi, my point bein, is that I'm seeing a bunch talking about some non-existing illusions like some chatbots,

despite the fact that forum is a place to share opinions, and I'm talking about a bunch of pixels on a screen)

Seems to me like a work of some lightbright or All-Mind)

 

Official statement was also provided during the live Q&A about there being new servers.

 

Don't be so sure they won't "lose" the data. And from a marketing standpoint a "legacy" server would be a waste of resources.

 

Should be around the 31 min 20 second marker when it's brought up

Edited by NysekZePope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks to me that the chota are running wild in the states atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow i am actually really excited that FE might get back on its feet in the future.I hope the fans will get the game they deserve till then we must wait!

This post gave alot of hope and i think the developers will give us an awesome game 💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 3:27 AM, Kharn said:

Hurry up i'm getting old 🙂

 

 

I'm already there and want to play Fallen Earth again before I die!

There is nothing that can replace my wastelands, I hope priority gets bumped up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sang said:

I'm already there and want to play Fallen Earth again before I die!

There is nothing that can replace my wastelands, I hope priority gets bumped up. 

I hope it makes it back.  If so, the Cheese will return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God they need to get done so I can get back to standing on the lifenet in Embry. Or maybe a nice tent just outside of LA. I miss this damned game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, Pugsly said:

I hope it makes it back.  If so, the Cheese will return.

I look forward to that day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I remember this game..can't believe its been 10 years since I found this gem. This was my first time role-playing (what a fuckin fun rabbit hole that is, especially here) my Name was Shay Mcflain and I was a Traveler lol .. I'll be praying like the rest of us for FE to come back and show FO76 what a true wasteland looks like. PS: anyone know what happened to the Rp Haven webpage? I miss alot of my old friends..Vulcan, Ben Ivory..maybe one day we'll all see each other again..til then I love you all and have a kick patootie year! . 

Man I remember this game..can't believe its been 10 years since I found this gem. This was my first time role-playing (what a fuckin fun rabbit hole that is, especially here) my Name was Shay Mcflain and I was a Traveler lol .. I'll be praying like the rest of us for FE to come back and show FO76 what a true wasteland looks like. PS: anyone know what happened to the Rp Haven webpage? I miss alot of my old friends..Vulcan, Ben Ivory..maybe one day we'll all see each other again..til then I love you all and have a kick patootie year! . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Level 60 could be max level when reboot launches and unfinished sectors could have more content for max level players.  Also I wanna point about factions reputation , honestly it could be more rewarding instead grinding points . Then you can actually use faction gear , what can be obtained at lvl 20 after that it goes harder when higher level . More balanced  reputation system would be good. Then you can actually feel its rewarding and wanna use faction gear . Yes i know faction gear is not good and GT rules but there are people who like that gear and like role play and dont wanna bore themselves with pvp. Also not all can afford cosmetic slot , so it could be good   i think. I know i liked to use faction gear . It was diffrent from endgame GT suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok great! sooooo when can i check my mail and auctions 😄 !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fallen Earth has been one of my long time favorites. I cant wait to get back into it, and see how it will look under new management. Will try to make one giveaway ingame when it hits, just like in old days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...