Sign in to follow this  
Pillowlol

Has anyone tried overlays yet?

Has anyone tried to use overlays such as overwolf or mumble? If so, has it caused any trouble with Battleye?

Discord is fine.

Steam is fine.

Raptor is fine.

Dunno about overwolf !

5 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Discord is fine.

Steam is fine.

Raptor is fine.

Dunno about overwolf !

Alright thanks 😛
Still gotta find out about overwolf / mumble

Asus Monitor Crosshair Overlay works fine 😛

Edited by Shiggi

Mumble is blocked. And i do understand why, cause it can be used to do much worse things, but still.

Test anything you are unsure about on the test server. If its not interacting with the game its not cheating PussCookie 😛

Just now, SelttikS said:

Mumble is blocked. And i do understand why, cause it can be used to do much worse things, but still.

Test anything you are unsure about on the test server. If its not interacting with the game its not cheating PussCookie 😛

😉

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

that’s a pretty flimsy excuse lol

Just now, BXNNXD said:

that’s a pretty flimsy excuse lol

So is calling an overlay a cheat, but here we are eh? Lets not turn this into some debate about it, we have plenty of those threads going on already.

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

So is calling an overlay a cheat, but here we are eh? Lets not turn this into some debate about it, we have plenty of those threads going on already.

i like debates 

i personally don’t really care what anyone does, but let’s not pretend that circumventing a very purposeful gameplay design - regardless of how bad it may or may not be - isn’t cheating

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

Nope it's not, I tried mumble and mumble is fine. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, EmptyPillow said:

Nope it's not, I tried mumble and mumble is fine. 

Odd, it was day one when i tried it.... that's cool though thanks for the update.

Just now, SelttikS said:

Odd, it was day one when i tried it.... that's cool though thanks for the update.

Hm I tried on OTW and not kicked / banned. Also been using it for couple of hours on normal game and nothing happened.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i like debates 

i personally don’t really care what anyone does, but let’s not pretend that circumventing a very purposeful gameplay design - regardless of how bad it may or may not be - isn’t cheating

Point, BXN.

One of the outright differences between BF3 and BF3 Hardcore is the removal of the crosshair (along with other UI components). Yes monitors have crosshair overlays, but by utilizing an exterior tool to cancel out the challenges of Hardcore mode defeat the purpose of playing it, and artificially invokes a pretty serious advantage in your favor vs those who play the game the way it's meant to be played.

APB's implementation also has it's reasons, like BXN said...regardless of that poor design choice its there with the intent to balance gunplay.

TL;DR - It's cheating bruh, no matter how globally/easily accessible it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Found the Macro user.

technically wouldn’t that be interacting with the game tho?

its firing your gun after all

Just now, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Found the Macro user.

gottem

In the end, the only opinion that matters is LO's. Hopefully we get an answer someday. 

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Found the Macro user.

You know, just because some people take time to learn about stuff doesn't mean they do bad shit all the time. You are very cynical and really create toxicity by making comments like this.

Just now, Dreadarm said:

You know, just because some people take time to learn about stuff doesn't mean they do bad shit all the time. You are very cynical and really create toxicity by making comments like this.

Its a joke my man. 

Just a joke. 

Just now, Dreadarm said:

Wow... What a blanket statement......

And found the other macro user.

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Wow... What a blanket statement......

And found the other macro user.

Hey hey, it's only some of the time tho- cut him some slack lmao

You can always test on OTW to be sure, but I am sure most overlays are ok.

I'm just gonna leave this analogy here, and put this thread behind me:

Whether you crouch-toggle-sprint, add crosshairs, macro/automate, change game files, etc.- The severity of the action you're committing is irrelevant. They all cross the same line, and actively choosing to do anything outside what the game already provides falls under the guise of a "cheat"; invasive & non-invasive alike.

All games have cheaters, all games are capable of being cheated. I'm in the mutual stance with others in this thread that I/We don't care what you do or about your choices, but just own up to it and realize in hindsight that you are impacting the game in a way that inevitably penalizes everyone, including yourself in the long run.

Committing to any of the above is no different that starting a game of Monopoly with a house in your pocket. Monopoly is a game known to destroy friendships & relationships. To pull a house out of your pocket in Monopoly would sentence you to be known as a d-bag for the rest of your gaming days, and probably get you tossed out of game night for awhile. Sound familiar?

If you'd do it in Monopoly, I have no doubt you'd do it here...but that's kind of sad; and truthfully shows you'd take a consolation prize over the real thing just to get some illusion of satisfaction.

I didn't post this to make people feel like crap for who they choose to be, but maybe just open 1 pair of eyes to the reality of their nature & situation. If one person understands this analogy, then it was worth the time.

Be you, but know you can always do & be better than who you are today.

Edited by BuggedOut

34 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Found the Macro user.

False. Try not to be one of the idiots that accuse everyone of cheating.

Sign in to follow this