Sign in to follow this  
Danielle kern

A new player

I'm a new player but I'm finding it hard to advance in the game. 

Most I see is long time players camp newbie players like myself.

When I get a team most leave because they see a newbie player has joined them.  when I finally get a team the other team has players with RPGS or one shot kills me from a mile away you dont even get chance to hide.  

Is the game gone too far for new comers to join or is there some kind of update coming to help us its only what i want to ask?

• Like 1

New player registered 4 years ago? Hmm..

Well, anyway.. try to find some friends or join into a clan, peopels that could teach you, carry you, i think is the only way to advance into the game at the moment, try to complete more and more steps of the tutorial, but is still will not be so much helpful.

What i suggest is just.. try to do your best and keep try, you will see at some point you will become better.

Sadly actually the game is not in a bad state but not even in a good one, is eh, between good and bad, decent i could say.

(But that's only from me) other peopels coudl think differently.

I played fallen earth on this account sorry

I'm new to apb 

Since fallen earth closed down I'm wanting to start here but it's too difficult 

13 hours ago, Danielle kern said:

I'm new to apb 

Look for a clan that accepts and helps new players. I heard of one that was doing it back in the days, they would play with you, give you all sorts of tips and teach you about mechanics, tactics, etc...

There is really nothing else you can do than to join a clan, watch youtube vids on how to play the game (BECAUSE THERE IS LITERALLY NO TUTORIAL FOR THE PATOOTIE YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENDURE) or just keep playing, lose a couple hundred missions in a row and slowly emerge from the ranks of newbies.

Edited by I-Reaper-I

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

contact me in game and il help u get on track

19 hours ago, Danielle kern said:

I'm new to apb 

contact me in game and il get u on track

Hey ! I'm french but my english is pretty good ! Feel free to dm me in the forum if you want someone to play with that might help you

I am gold though so I hope I won't be the reason why you will dislike the game more lol

20 hours ago, Danielle kern said:

I'm a new player but I'm finding it hard to advance in the game. 

Most I see is long time players camp newbie players like myself.

When I get a team most leave because they see a newbie player has joined them.  when I finally get a team the other team has players with RPGS or one shot kills me from a mile away you dont even get chance to hide.  

-Listin Alisha's advice, looking for a clan

-Play and choose the best and competitive weapons: JG-PMG-OCA (Short range) , NTEC, OBEYA (Medium Range), OBIR, HVR(long range), they are all free and purchasable in game

-A weapon guide, out-dated but it's still quite good https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129866005

- @Flaws made a nice general guide on steam, give a look https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445306227

-Check your Fps and latency

-Play in bronze servers

20 hours ago, Danielle kern said:

Is the game gone too far for new comers to join or is there some kind of update coming to help us its only what i want to ask?

Lo told shall take some big actions after Engine upgrade... no idea when cause the EU is still in schedule..

But dont get bad yourself, first 100 hrs is like a baptism of fire, it's was same for everyone begin to play or a little for who returned back XD

Edited by PingOVER9000

Game is in bad state as it is, newcomers are literally applauded if they stay more than a 24 hours.

Game has always been unfriendly to real new players.

You get 0 $ which is 0 motivation to even try getting into customization of your outfits along with 0 decals for symbol creation. 

Best advice is do the tutorial. You will get nice free things (only free things you get in the game).

It includes permanent weapon of your choice which is nice thing for start.

Second best advice is, in the district list, uncheck the box next to recommended districts and use entire districts list instead.

Then join bronze / green servers which will still be hard but not as hard as silver districts. Do not for your own good join silver districts. Because if you play there, you wont even last 24hours before you uninstall.

Create crime and cop character.  Use crime for ram raid at empty servers (crashing into shops, taking items to your contact, and washing money at wash money loundry location on the map).

With in game money you can buy yourself nice clothes, songs, themes, symbols, etc, shorty you can buy a motivation to give APB a chance. 

Good luck

13 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

...washing money at wash money loundry location on the map).

Lol.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:26 PM, Danielle kern said:

I'm new to apb 

Watch other people play and try to pick up what they're doing. This game is pretty savage when you just start out and can feel like it's getting worse before it gets any better.

I have returned to the game after about 4 years. I didn't put many hours in it but i can't consider myself totally a newbie.

Everytime i play i join bronze districts, (my current level), and find that the vast mayority of players are silver or gold, and many of the silver ones have weapons with 2 or 3 lvl 3 mods.

I see very few bronze players, not surprising under these conditions.

I find it very difficult to improve. I can't imagine how it can be for someone who is entirely new to the game.

This is a problem to keep newcomers, people get frustrated quickly as they feel they don't even have the slightest chance.

I really like the game but i feel after this covid-19 lockdown people may leave as fast as they came.

Broken threat system and match making, one of APB's oldest outstanding issues 🙂

Once they get the engine upgrade in place and at an acceptable point, they really need to start thinking about attracting new players by obliterating the threat / matchmaking system and replacing it with something that works and makes new players feel welcomed and positively contributes to making them become better players.

What we have right now is a meat grinder that makes new players feel like shit and negatively contributes to making them better players. If anything is just fosters bad players in so many ways, I can't be bothered to go into but will pick on one point, when you label someone as trash by putting a silver/brown symbol above their name what impact does it have on that player? What impact does it have on other players? Then you ring fence them all together with the brilliant matchmaking system that uses their threat label to put them against each other.....

The current threat/match making system is soooooo bad that I genuinely feel on the balance on probabilities a simple no threat system and matchmaking done on a whoever is available would be better than what we have right now, although this is nowhere near ideal or even acceptable.

One can only hope that before the zombie apocalypse match making will be over hauled for the better.

All they need to do is lock new players to green till R 100..then they get a chance to earn the gaem..right now theres more then enough newbies to ill a server..so why not just lock um in.. then when they get to R 100 they can join whatever...but by geting to R 100 they would learned some of how to play an will get farmed less when they join a real map..

DTers wont stop becuz its not made out to be bad.. GMs come on doing events an see the same Names everyday gold...an yet they dont seem to care... ive seem TGM say " get good to people"

for me mjatch maker is not the thing thats busted..its the fact that Newbies can join any map so they get pwned..

ill say it again Lock newbeis to green till R 100 ..do it for a week see how meny new playrs stay then...

but noone will hear me an i will get flamed liek i allways do... but all i want is new players to want to stay an play ... 8 years APB been part of my life..an the most easy thing to "fix itr for no" lock them newbeis in green till R 100>>

From 0 experience APB can be extremely brutal. It's pretty tough even for some of us to pick up again after taking some time off from it.

It wouldn't be so bad, if the game had a proper tutorial or would at least explain certain things with some visual aid to you, but the tutorial elements are pretty minimal and basically just about tell you how to move around and it's up to you to figure out the rest.

Map knowledge and understanding the basic mechanics with mission objectives and what ranges and how to use weapons is only the beginning, and many don't even survive that because certain elements in the community are pretty rough on newcomers and keep preying on them.

Also it wouldn't be so bad, if there were loads of newcomers joining constantly, so that people would have more equal level opp and teammates, but there is really not too many people who have joined within last couple of years.

As people have suggested, try to find some kind of small community that welcomes you and just start playing it with them. It's difficult to give any advice for someone blindly as we all learn and figure out things differently.

And then there comes performing what you learn and know... I still suck at shooting with pretty much all guns, I'm just really bad with quick hand-eye coordination in video games. Luckily in APB you can use cover, distance and selection of weapon to compensate, at least to a degree.

Edited by Chinook

Look out for community events too to make some friends and help you practise the mechanics of the game. But really the best way to get better is to keep playing. Once you're level 30 you could try some fight club to practise shooting but shooting is only one part of the puzzle when it comes to missions. Try to group with like minded people and do as many as you can.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this