blockblack

Connection problems?

Hello everyone and welcome, Today I noticed 4 connections bugs that I would like to talk about...

1- High ping for no reason, my ping is usually 50~70 ms and I did ping google.com -n<number of tests> command and the ping is 50~70 ms, google is consistent and reliable to test ping and packet loss, but in APB I sometimes get 70 ms ping, but sometimes when I switch server I get 120 ms+ ping until I restart the game, and that sometimes doesn't work too...

2- Getting stuck at "Connecting to district server" when joining a server, this problem is so annoying, After it happens the only thing I can do is disconnect and reconnect my internet and/or restart the game...

3- Getting logged out without a previous warning, sometimes after 1~2 minutes of joining the district I get logged out to the login screen without any previous warning, and when I get there I don't find any message telling me what exactly happened as if I intentionally gave the game the command to log out...

4- 2FA sometimes doesn't appear when I log in even though I didn't turn on "remember me" in it, And it sometimes tells me the code I inserted is wrong even though I entered it right as if the code on my phone and the code in their servers is not aligned...

So does anyone else have these problems? Does anyone know the fix? Have a nice day/night all...

Edited by blockblack
4th problem

Servers having issues during these last 2 months because of the population increase.

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

Servers having issues during these last 2 months because of the population increase.

I didn't notice these issues yesterday, but today I can't even get in-game because of these issues...

Just now, blockblack said:

I didn't notice these issues yesterday, but today I can't even get in-game because of these issues...

Sometimes you get better, but mostly in this period you get spikes and disconnects randomly, with high or mid ms during your playtime, is not a problem with your connection, servers can't handle too many players all together.

They lag alredy with 40-40, imagine 40-40 multiplied because of the world situation over.. 6/7 or more districts.

2 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Sometimes you get better, but mostly in this period you get spikes and disconnects randomly, with high or mid ms during your playtime, is not a problem with your connection, servers can't handle too many players all together.

They lag alredy with 40-40, imagine 40-40 multiplied because of the world situation over.. 6/7 or more districts.

Still, I only noticed these problems started happening today, I didn't notice these problems any time else in this month... why today exactly?

1 hour ago, blockblack said:

Still, I only noticed these problems started happening today, I didn't notice these problems any time else in this month... why today exactly?

Drop of your connection? Drop or spikes by servers themselfs? We don't exactly know what happenign but in general internet is risking due to everbody at home.

Could get an orrible global outage if ppls and companies does nothing for help this situation.

The new hardware ... was actually old 😄 

I got same issue today with what i had issue with around 15 days ago when i made the topic on forum as well  : 

So basically i got issue of having permanently locked character and character being in use error msg even tho its not.  I played APB yesterday, normally.

Because of some reason it happened twice in 1 month now, and i play over 6 years and never had similar issue bug, until this month.

Only thing changed this month aka recently were new servers. So it has to be servers.

I was inboxed by another user having exact same problem. 

So yea... 😕

Another thing that is also quite new is the global network stresser, also known as everyone sitting home/working from home.

All that increased traffic can lead to the ISP's hardware getting overloaded (or other hardware).

A great example of this is how the Amsterdam Internet Exchange has broken their maximum simultanious data transfer record twice this month alone.

(The first was on the 24th at 7.88 Terabits/second and then again on the 30th at 8,147 Terabits/second)

081838_totalall--default.jpg

Edited by Kevkof