Ai-Zhú

Opinions on the Current 'Temporary' Matchmaking System

Matchmaking System  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which matchmaking/district system do you prefer?

• The current, temporary, non-threat based system
    • The threat-segregated system (from before)

3 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Gold covers a wide spectrum of players that is too wide, in my opinion, as Gold is the highest you can get. Even with billions of hours, Gold is all you can get, thus creating unfair matchups despite everyone involved being Gold threat.

there’s still 10 separate levels of gold threat, they just aren’t visually represented 

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Pls do keep this current non threat system as long as possible so that karma catches those who bullied legit greens n bronzes on bronze servers.

As much as I hate you, I agree 😄❤️

7 hours ago, Ai-Zhú said:

How'd you know from the silent majority that they don't visit the forums if they are, like, silent? Also, isn't your circle of friends and acquintances an echo chamber itself?

aka dethreaters

On 12/7/2019 at 12:02 AM, Werefox said:

I think it's GREAT, so "great" I went and spent over $100 on this new game called "This Land Is My Land" and the founder's edition, and even started playing Heros and Generals again, you know there's a soviet side now!?!?

For those who are dense and can't work out its sarcasm, I don't play anymore and would rather put my money into fun games.
I am high bronze to low silver at best, versing golds is annoying and frustrating.

Edit: and for those who go "well you're just one player, who cares" ask yourself, how many others have left because of the similar reasons

(posts this shit in the other thread too, as clearly people keep brining it up, and it hasn't gone back to normal)

Me. Once I get a curb stomping opo full of golds its nope not going 1-13 again. I quietly log out and play something else. I also have put my money into other games as well...It isnt fun getting rolled on...unless you are the one rolling fools. This has been my #1 quarrel for sometime and it still hasnt been fixxed. Oh well...

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

there’s still 10 separate levels of gold threat, they just aren’t visually represented 

No there isn't. It is just the singular MMR number.

9 hours ago, Netzu said:

Except now there's no point dethreating as you get green/bronze opp all the time anyway. Sounds great to me.

What about those people who afk every time they meet better players? 😉

I dont see how is that different from green/bronzes getting opp of gold max rank dethreaters in 4 man premade groups who harrassed green/bronze districts for years vs current few days status of servers which we all know is temporal change. Years > days. Logic. 

Those people who afk every time they meet rank 20 re roll "pros" who goes 40/2 k/d ratio with non missing aims and then those pros disappear  due to being silently banned;

those people who afk every time vs trolling bully teenagers who go toxic over 1 kill you do over them cuz u used opgl or perc and he feels lack of confidence and high impact on irl ego to whisper u threats and disgusting insulting messages and shit talk over absolute stranger about whose irl he/they know absolutely nothing about... 
To those people i salute them and their higher intellect and I share their logic view about afking 1 irrelevant mission in 2010 old game vs opponents who didnt  provide nor earn respect to have fun playing mission vs normal human beings. Yes i am those people, and if i afk vs you every time then we all know what are you, dont we? Rhetorical question.

P.S. I 'll rather use irl afk time to jump by bf, snuggle with him, than waste my time over irrelevant nobodies.  ❤️

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina

obligatory reminder

On 11/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, TheJellyGoo said:

"Half-decent" as in max rank, Armas bought out, never been banned players that can simply shoot better than you and your friend without even needing to rely on crutches of the month like the nfas.

I know it's pointless to argue with you about that since you're clearly in denial but I will keep reminding you every time you pretend to know otherwise. Smth. about bliss and such...

24 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

obligatory reminder

I dunno. Sounds like they might be using cheats to me. Anyone that can move their mouse seems pretty suspicious.

1 hour ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

I dont see how is that different from green/bronzes getting opp of gold max rank dethreaters in 4 man premade groups who harrassed green/bronze districts for years vs current few days status of servers which we all know is temporal change. Years > days. Logic.

the dethreaters were not as good as the golds who stayed in silver district.

now you have those golds in silver district forced to play noobs as well as the dethreaters.

its not better for the new people to have even more golds against them than before.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 8:42 PM, Ai-Zhú said:

Hi!

As already discussed on this thread...

... I wanted to make it more official and include a poll.

For those who have missed it, it's about the current matchmaking and district system, which has no threat segregation and which is meant to be a temporary solution until the work on the servers is finished and until we are getting our old system back.

I have given my opinion on that in the thread, but want to dig abit deeper with this post now.

Note that this is just my opinion and that you are free to argue below.

I, for my part, do like this non-threat district system. For the first time in my entire APB "career", I went out of sessions with a balanced ~50% win ratio. The matches were alot more enjoyable. Of course, there were matches where I stomped the enemy, and matches where I was stomped on, but for most of the time, they were balanced out - they were competitive and overall just fun.

There were times where I could carry, my punk yellow a** could lead my team to victory! I don't feel utterly useless or left out anymore.

I can finally achieve a decent amount of kills while dying an acceptable amount to that. I don't have to tryhard anymore to get my first kill after 8 deaths, 100 bursted veins and the loss of my will to live, just to be eligible for some APB$ and standing at the end of the match.

There aren't these pure stomping matchups anymore; these matchups feel more inclusive and rewarding. Even when a match was lost, I feel like I could atleast contribute something to the team so that it did not end up in a complete disaster. A loss hence doesn't cause as much frustration as before anymore, no. A loss feels deserved for once - "deserved" because it feels like I could have changed something about it, that it was within my capabilities, that it was not god-given by the matchmaking system and that I was not destined to get clapped by these R255 I am facing for the 10th time this evening without the ability to get even one assist on them.

A loss finally feels like a lesson learnt instead of a numb b*ttr*ping session.

Yes, as mentioned, it is not perfect, not at all! But if I had to choose the lesser evil, I'd personally pick this matchmaking system for further improvement instead of the threat-based one we had before. 

I have included a poll with just 2 options. I am well aware that both need improvements, but if you had to choose between these 2 systems right now, which one would you choose? Would you welcome them reverting back to the old system or not?

I agree with you and have fairly similar experiences. However, like I and many others have stated dozens of times, Bronze, Green and Trainees NEED HELP.

This is a total slaughter fest for newer players and creates and even more bad reputation for the game.

There needs to be some Rank and Threat rework for Bronze and below. 

It's ridiculous a person could go from Trainee to Bronze or Silver in 1 or 2 matches!

There needs to be a minimum number of matches played and or a whole lot more ranking between Trainee to Green, Green to Bronze.

They need a place to play with their own peers NEW to the game where they can learn and have a Fun Experience. And this needs to happen automatically by that Rank/Skill/Time level and not be predicated on them picking the "Right" server dsitrict.

This one act alone would help bring and retain players.

Although, I have enjoyed the current system. I have also seen more New people quit!

I just can't understand how this is a NON issue to LO. I feel its the biggest downfall of this game.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, Uke said:

This is a problem with low population, not really the lack of threat districts. Most good players stopped playing this game because... well I don't think I have to explain that, and what is left are mostly average and below average casual players who probably don't play at even 60fps.

If population was bigger there would be much more variety of players in both teams and you would meet good players more often. And there could be some matchmaking mechanics introduced so people don't get bored of winning all the time, e. g. making teams who are on win streaks vs each other.

And if someone doesn't want to get "random noobs" on their team. Well, that's what groups are for.

And Population will always remain low until New players get a place of their own to play.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, CookiePuss said:

If you are NA I'd be happy to help you learn. 

And that right there is what we need more of instead of sarcasm and GitGud comments. Thanks for being a True Vet and offering help and solution instead of pooping on a new guy. My opinion of you has drastically changed. Hope it actually happens.

Put your egos aside and be a REAL Vet and do something to help out the game we all love.

Thanks Cookie!

• Thanks 1

On a side note:

The Chronic Dethreating Criminal Clan that squatted exclusively in Bronze before is still around. But, their ring leader has been mysteriously absent for weeks since the change!....lol

(Probably just using a diff character now)

I still see that clan alot and theres more in the Clan now. But, there not teamed up quite as much.

There are some good players in that clan. I won't say Good people because they can't be if you join that clan.

Their whole MO is Dethreating to go immediately to GOLD in Bronze and Stomp new players into the ground for as long as they can stay awake.

If you are in that clan CMON MAN REALLY! Grow UP and MAN UP! 

If you are good and I know that some of you are, don't lower yourself to playing like that. NOOB KILLER PRO what a pathetic title.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:19 PM, Havana said:

And Population will always remain low until New players get a place of their own to play.

I already talked about this in a different post but simple sorting by rank would do a much better job at this than threat segregation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uke said:

I already talked about this in a different post but simple sorting by rank would do a much better job at this than threat segregation.

Sort by Rank, then by Threat, not the other way around, yes.

A R255 Silver with like 500 hours is prolly still more experienced than a R20 Gold that happened to become Gold with luck.

Edited by Ai-Zhú

1 hour ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Sort by Rank, then by Threat, not the other way around, yes.

A R255 Silver with like 500 hours is prolly still more experienced than a R20 Gold that happened to become Gold with luck.

What about rerolls then ?

3 hours ago, heelruby said:

What about rerolls then ?

What about them? They're always gonna be there. You can't stop it. Any max rank gold can make a new account and play on bronze district in minutes. Even worse, they can dethreat and play against new players while using the best weapons, mods and cars in the game.

At least when matchmaking is done by rank it eliminates one of those things.

Edited by Uke