Sign in to follow this  
Kommaranda

APB Steam achievements

Hey could you consider deleting the unobtainable steam achievements like the ones from 2014 winter event and such?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

how will they compensate the people who currently have completed these achievements?

Just now, Solamente said:

how will they compensate the people who currently have completed these achievements?

They wouldn't.  For what its worth, the achievements are always there, just hidden from view...  Because Reloaded Reasons.

Honestly though, they genuinely don't belong on steam unless you redo them so they are instead something you can get every year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

Steam achievements are supposed to be obtainable always, and these are unobtainable. Which since it's on steam, it means you can't 100% the game if you didnt participate in an event that took place 5 years ago...

I like 100%ing the games I have 2k+ hours on, and it kinda sucks that I cant do that for APB. so yeah rip

• Like 2

Considering that this event takes place every year, it sure wouldn't be hard to change them so they would be obtainable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldtiger said:

Steam achievements are supposed to be obtainable always, and these are unobtainable. Which since it's on steam, it means you can't 100% the game if you didnt participate in an event that took place 5 years ago...

I like 100%ing the games I have 2k+ hours on, and it kinda sucks that I cant do that for APB. so yeah rip

Any character you log into that has those achievments while still having your steam logged in will unlock it on steam.

now i'm not saying you should give your account details or anything merely saying it's possible.

If... say you knew someone that has the "2014" achievements and your steam account was logged in when he logged into his apb account It would unlock them for both parties.

Which I'm sure is also illegal. Just a fun fact.

There was a time when APB was only game i had 100% done... and then they added those stupid event achievs...

I got almost all roles, Steam didn't count all of them anyway.

Steam part of APB overall don't get much love in my opinion.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:05 PM, SkittyM said:

They wouldn't.  For what its worth, the achievements are always there, just hidden from view...  Because Reloaded Reasons.

Honestly though, they genuinely don't belong on steam unless you redo them so they are instead something you can get every year.

Alot of games have hidden achievements. TF2, Destiny 2, L4D 1 and 2, LP2 oh and there are other games on steam with achievements you cant get anymore. Firefall 
(when it was around) L4D 2, and the youtube achievements on TF2 are impossible unless you have a following. Oh and Xbox live has hidden achievements too. All in all this is normal practice that wont be going away.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:40 AM, Goldtiger said:

Please see above

On 11/19/2019 at 2:01 AM, DeadPixels said:

Considering that this event takes place every year, it sure wouldn't be hard to change them so they would be obtainable

The achievements change each yr. Diff names with diff rewards so unless the ones from yrs past all get changed its too little too late.

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Alot of games have hidden achievements. TF2, Destiny 2, L4D 1 and 2, LP2 oh and there are other games on steam with achievements you cant get anymore. Firefall 
(when it was around) L4D 2, and the youtube achievements on TF2 are impossible unless you have a following. Oh and Xbox live has hidden achievements too. All in all this is normal practice that wont be going away.

The problem isn't hidden achievements, especially since games with hidden achievements still have them as visible, just set up as unknowns.  In APBs case, you literally wont even know about the achievement until you some how obtain it.

That' wasn't my point on achievements being hidden at all however, the point was that since they exist in APB themselves, there's no point in them being on steam, you can not obtain them in any way on your own account, so they simply shouldn't exist on steam as there's absolutely no way to unlock them.

• Like 1

They wont remove unobtainable achievements. These were available for people playing around a certain time.

Although, I do believe some achievements on Steam are bugged.

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

16 hours ago, SkittyM said:

The problem isn't hidden achievements, especially since games with hidden achievements still have them as visible, just set up as unknowns.  In APBs case, you literally wont even know about the achievement until you some how obtain it.

That' wasn't my point on achievements being hidden at all however, the point was that since they exist in APB themselves, there's no point in them being on steam, you can not obtain them in any way on your own account, so they simply shouldn't exist on steam as there's absolutely no way to unlock them.

At one point they were obtainable and for those who got them they show. Those who worked hard and got them should be able to have them and for those who werent around the only way to get them is if LO resurrects the event that was used to obtain them. Its something that isnt impossible to do, its all up to if LO wants to do it or not and give the chance to get them again.

40 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

At one point they were obtainable and for those who got them they show. Those who worked hard and got them should be able to have them and for those who werent around the only way to get them is if LO resurrects the event that was used to obtain them. Its something that isnt impossible to do, its all up to if LO wants to do it or not and give the chance to get them again.

The event to get them has been around every year.  The achievements themselves are coded to unlock under certain conditions, the condition requirement for all of the old hidden achievements is Null so they're literally unobtainable except for the Anarchy achievements.

It's far more logical to just get rid of them entirely or merge them into a year round achievement set.

7 hours ago, SkittyM said:

The event to get them has been around every year.  The achievements themselves are coded to unlock under certain conditions, the condition requirement for all of the old hidden achievements is Null so they're literally unobtainable except for the Anarchy achievements.

It's far more logical to just get rid of them entirely or merge them into a year round achievement set.

Anarchy hasnt rerun since that one time. It could if LO brings it back hence how it would still be possible to get them. As for halloween under G1 we both know there messed up on steam and LO isnt coding them to pop up on steam with the new achievements, hell they didnt even show in game this yr. As for prior events its a case of too little too late but future ones who knows what LO will do but adding new achievements into APB and steam would give us all something to work for and a reason to play more.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:40 AM, Goldtiger said:

are they? i don't think there is a guideline for that and even valve has some bugged ones in cs that have been unobtainable for years by now - same for those affected by the removal of aztec etc - if that's a thing in valves games, i hardly doubt they made it a guideline or rule.

there are also a lot of only on halloween-obtainable achievements in tf2 (unless you play on a server that forces events) (unless that's enough for you to be "always")

personally, sure, i guess it would be better if those that care about that could 100% apb. i'm not among them though, i don't get the appeal.

Edited by neophobia