Jump to content

M-1922/Tommy gun opinion  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. If you were in charge of rebalancing the Tommy gun, how would you go about it?

    • Revert the recoil change G1 did to it
      22
    • Complete rework from the ground up
      9
    • Minor tweaks here and there
      6
    • Do nothing, because it is fine
      7


Recommended Posts

This poll is on the M-1922/Tommy gun

 

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revert the changes G1 made to the recoil, 100%. The Tommygun was fine before that, the recoil was hard enough to manage for it to feel satisfying when you did well with it, but at least it was consistent. Increased recoil as you continue firing is just a dumb mechanic that doesn't suit APB imo.

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Revert the changes G1 made to the recoil, 100%. The Tommygun was fine before that, the recoil was hard enough to manage for it to feel satisfying when you did well with it, but at least it was consistent. Increased recoil as you continue firing is just a dumb mechanic that doesn't suit APB imo.

^Kiida gets it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Revert the changes G1 made to the recoil, 100%. The Tommygun was fine before that, the recoil was hard enough to manage for it to feel satisfying when you did well with it, but at least it was consistent. Increased recoil as you continue firing is just a dumb mechanic that doesn't suit APB imo.

Wait... it currently has a similar gimmicky mechanic like the Norseman series but for recoil? Wow that went way past me lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G1 has balanced the weapons for 7 years , LO balancing weapons 1.5 years . 

 

are you okay ?

 

 

Edited by olo
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, olo said:

G1 has balanced the weapons for 7 years , LO balancing weapons 1.5 years . 

 

are you okay ?

 

 

Have you seen half of the decisions G1 has made over 7 years vs LO in the past 1.5 years? LO clearly way better at decision-making than G1. The only thing that may serve as a counter-argument is RIOT, but everything else (especially their decision to focus on the engine upgrade) has been great. And when we're talking only about balance changes, they fixed the yukon and nerfed the RFP... 2 things G1 kept broken for years.

Edited by Goldtiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goldtiger said:

Have you seen half of the decisions G1 has made over 7 years vs LO in the past 1.5 years? LO clearly way better at decision-making than G1. The only thing that may serve as a counter-argument is RIOT, but everything else (especially their decision to focus on the engine upgrade) has been great. And when we're talking only about balance changes, they fixed the yukon and nerfed the RFP... 2 things G1 kept broken for years.

my opinion is the opposite . I see no reason to balance weapons after the outrage of 10-15 players . active users of the forum do not even make up 10% of the total number of players .

Edited by olo
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do enjoy the M1911's current design, I won't pretend that it's in a good spot balance-wise. I'm in the camp of just reworking the gun from the ground up and trying for something more fun than "ATAC with shorter range and bigger magazine that fires faster" which is where it'll end up if you simply remove the ramping recoil mechanic.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

"ATAC with shorter range and bigger magazine that fires faster"

shorter range, bigger mag, fires faster (but less accurate)... yea, so a completely different gun?

a complete rework isn't needed, since it would turn into a whole different gun... which stats could instead be used to... well... create a new gun?

revert the curve system and make it's TTK slightly faster by lowering shots to kill from 10 to 9, pushing it into the meta beside OCA and PMG...

there is a reason the tommygun isn't used at all... it's just not worth it controlling the huge recoil, so that's why I'd suggest slightly lowering the TTK to make up for it - give us a reason to control that beast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snubnose said:

make it's TTK slightly faster by lowering shots to kill from 10 to 9, pushing it into the meta beside OCA and PMG...

isn’t tommy gun ttk already .67s? imo that’s pretty competitive with the (relative smg) range you can get out of it, especially without the annoying recoil mechanics

 

 

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

While I do enjoy the M1911's current design, I won't pretend that it's in a good spot balance-wise. I'm in the camp of just reworking the gun from the ground up and trying for something more fun than "ATAC with shorter range and bigger magazine that fires faster" which is where it'll end up if you simply remove the ramping recoil mechanic.

the manic would have been a better comparison considering they occupy the exact same niche and function almost exactly the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...