Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I will also post my thoughts here as well I’ve been playing Apb about a month almost now and iv played a lot of it to know the community is pretty shitty! I’ve been called terrible names iv even be whispered some pretty disgusting stuff it seems to me that the ignore is a good thing but this really doesn’t stop the community from being TOXIC! I’ve seen it in many other games and it really takes away from the game and makes it not fun! *People stop playing due to this* I completely understand that this is a game of brute mentality but that Does not mean that you have to be a complete troll or pleasant fellow to everyone it makes me so bummed out cuz the game can be so fun but gosh the people really Suck patootie.

 

 All this hacker shit really needs to be fixed not only is it chasing your new players away but it makes it really hard for the people that actually want to play the game and be good at it when you have CHEATING going on.

I hope this is fixed and iv also herd it's being worked on but this is kind of out of hand. What’s up with everyone saying this game is dead how is it dead when I go on a server and am constantly in mission regardless the shitty cheating opponents but you are constantly able to do something is it dead in the scenes that its broken and there’s hackers and aimbots and tones of rumors that make the game kinda cringy.  (Is it possible for them to hack you? OR they just taking advantage like the banana bags that they are ? )

 

I think as a decent online game we need some answers as to why the chat is not moderated!

I would donate my time if it meant having a more fun time without trolls and sore losers are banned temporally or even just take chat away for a while it’s a real buzz kill. The report option isn’t working clearly. Do not responded if you plan to be a complete patootie wipe as you saw in the first part I’m pretty fresh and would like to get some words from good parts of this community( don't be that guy/girl XD ) cuz as far as iv seen iv meet 2 nice people and that’s about it rest pretty much spew nasty stuff into chat it’s kind of annoying and frustrating as someone that wants to make a clan on here of decent people.

 

The New servers are they meant to make the game better and why is no one playing let's help them collect the data needed to fix this shit ???

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they have enough people to fight cheaters, griefers and toxic persons.

For now, the best thing you can do is to report them, avoid them and ignore them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I sound toxic when I'm pointing out the true facts about this game...

On 8/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, Void said:

You sound toxic yourself

 

On 8/19/2019 at 10:07 AM, Saxtus said:

I don't think they have enough people to fight cheaters, griefers and toxic persons.

For now, the best thing you can do is to report them, avoid them and ignore them.

This is not a solution Js. These very small 2 comments really proved my point.

 

Merged.

 

Also if they cant fight the things that make this very game CRAP!

Then it should be just taken down. √

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, Littleem said:

 

Hey there, Welcome to APB.  I gotta agree that a lot of the community is shit, but I really hope you understand that not all of us are like that.  There's a lot of shit talkers and raging teenagers.  If there's one thing APB players seem to hate, it's newcomers, which really sucks because more players is what we really need most right now. 

All this talk of the game being "dead" is referring to the low player count, now averaging at just a little over 500 people at any given moment.  The biggest problem with APB right now is the new player retention rate, whether it's due to the shitty community pushing newbies away or the game just not being clear about what to do, making the whole learning process a lot harder.

 

What server do you play on?  If you're on Citadel then you should be fine in terms of having enough players to get missions, but if you're on Jericho the numbers can dip pretty low at night.  The best advice I can give is to find someone you enjoy playing with, ignore the salty shit talkers (or have some fun with them because they get mad real easy.  They pretend to be calm but they're burning up inside)

 

One thing I'd like to say about your second paragraph though,  APB has a ton of weird quirks to it that may make a totally legit player look like they are cheating.  Like for instance being able to peek around corners, and just how the 3rd person camera works makes it so you're able to be looking the opposite direction without your character showing it, then the moment you fire your character snaps to the direction you're aiming.  Another thing to keep in mind is that APB is an old game.  It's creeping up on 10 years soon and some of us have been around since the beginning, so some people are going to have near perfect aim just due to the pure time they have invested in the game.  So I know the cheating issue looks super bad to a newcomer, but I promise it's not as rampant as it looks.  Not saying cheaters don't exist though.  They definitely do.

 

About the report system, It does work.  Just don't abuse it.  Some have actually been banned for griefing and stuff recently. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Social District section.

 

- Mina_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheating is not out of hand, learn the game instead of listening to the people who cry hacks instead of accepting that people are better than them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, Littleem said:

I will also post my thoughts here as well I’ve been playing Apb about a month almost now and iv played a lot of it to know the community is pretty shitty! I’ve been called terrible names iv even be whispered some pretty disgusting stuff it seems to me that the ignore is a good thing but this really doesn’t stop the community from being TOXIC! I’ve seen it in many other games and it really takes away from the game and makes it not fun! *People stop playing due to this* I completely understand that this is a game of brute mentality but that Does not mean that you have to be a complete troll or pleasant fellow to everyone it makes me so bummed out cuz the game can be so fun but gosh the people really Suck patootie.

Some people are toxic to begin with however others are reacting to how you act as well.

It is a common denominator in society and how people functions.

With that said can you tone it down please?

sure some people upset you but it is coming off as you taking it out  on the rest of us.

 

On 8/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, Littleem said:

All this hacker shit really needs to be fixed not only is it chasing your new players away but it makes it really hard for the people that actually want to play the game and be good at it when you have CHEATING going on.

I hope this is fixed and iv also herd it's being worked on but this is kind of out of hand. What’s up with everyone saying this game is dead how is it dead when I go on a server and am constantly in mission regardless the shitty cheating opponents but you are constantly able to do something is it dead in the scenes that its broken and there’s hackers and aimbots and tones of rumors that make the game kinda cringy.  (Is it possible for them to hack you? OR they just taking advantage like the banana bags that they are ? )

 

Yes there are some cheaters. Ctadel has more than Jericho for some reason. and there will always be cheaters since no anti cheat is 100% effective.

also keep in mind APB has a uniqueness to it and even if you are excellent at other games it is easy to get completely defeated here because of its own game mechanics.

Not everyone is cheating. Some guns shoot more accurate than others , and some are made for close range only.

knowing what gun to use in what situation helps.

 

On 8/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, Littleem said:

I think as a decent online game we need some answers as to why the chat is not moderated!

I would donate my time if it meant having a more fun time without trolls and sore losers are banned temporally or even just take chat away for a while it’s a real buzz kill. The report option isn’t working clearly. Do not responded if you plan to be a complete patootie wipe as you saw in the first part I’m pretty fresh and would like to get some words from good parts of this community( don't be that guy/girl XD ) cuz as far as iv seen iv meet 2 nice people and that’s about it rest pretty much spew nasty stuff into chat it’s kind of annoying and frustrating as someone that wants to make a clan on here of decent people.

 

Little Orbit is a small company that has to fix APB as a whole.

The game engine has not been updated to even unreal engine's 3.5 version yet so that they can update to the unreal 4.0+ engine (the most updated current one)

 

Wit that said , all funding is currently going to fixing core mechanics of the game that must be done first.

They can not afford to moderate chat when that funding is desperately needed to fix the foundation of APB so that other things like encryption and other such means of stopping cheaters can be done

I'm not sure if they plan to encrypt it is just an example.

 

Currently the  SPCT team made of players who knows APB mechanics  is testing the 3.5 engine Upgrade.

with out the 3.5 Engine Upgrade done nothing else can move forward.

 

with that said , if someone is being toxicly offensive use /report and their name in game and report them under griefing for the chat.

keep in mind if you are being offensive too it can affect you as well.

 

with all of that said : welcome to APB and the forums. nice to see new faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Littleem said:
On 8/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, Void said:

You sound toxic yourself

How do I sound toxic when I'm pointing out the true facts about this game...

idk, you just manage to do so with ease. no clue how.

 

 

even this answer just screams TOXIC af

 

plus, please stop with the unneccessary highlighting/formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't listen to the people who are arguing just to argue.

 

There is a lot of private hacks in APB right now that are undetectable. Google will come up with a handful of them, the others are private through discord and steam groups. LO is aware of almost all of them, they're working on it. They dont have the money or the staff that say Epic Games or Blizzard has, so it just takes time.

 

Brandon said it the best, ya just gotta find that middle ground where you just push past the BS and play with a few friends and have fun regardless of the outcome. The game is what you make of it, and with all of it's downsides there are a lot of upsides to it as well. It's just unfortunate that most people who play solo will never see the upsides because of all the glaring downsides.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

Hey there, Welcome to APB.  I gotta agree that a lot of the community is shit, but I really hope you understand that not all of us are like that.  There's a lot of shit talkers and raging teenagers.  If there's one thing APB players seem to hate, it's newcomers, which really sucks because more players is what we really need most right now. 

All this talk of the game being "dead" is referring to the low player count, now averaging at just a little over 500 people at any given moment.  The biggest problem with APB right now is the new player retention rate, whether it's due to the shitty community pushing newbies away or the game just not being clear about what to do, making the whole learning process a lot harder.

 

What server do you play on?  If you're on Citadel then you should be fine in terms of having enough players to get missions, but if you're on Jericho the numbers can dip pretty low at night.  The best advice I can give is to find someone you enjoy playing with, ignore the salty shit talkers (or have some fun with them because they get mad real easy.  They pretend to be calm but they're burning up inside)

 

One thing I'd like to say about your second paragraph though,  APB has a ton of weird quirks to it that may make a totally legit player look like they are cheating.  Like for instance being able to peek around corners, and just how the 3rd person camera works makes it so you're able to be looking the opposite direction without your character showing it, then the moment you fire your character snaps to the direction you're aiming.  Another thing to keep in mind is that APB is an old game.  It's creeping up on 10 years soon and some of us have been around since the beginning, so some people are going to have near perfect aim just due to the pure time they have invested in the game.  So I know the cheating issue looks super bad to a newcomer, but I promise it's not as rampant as it looks.  Not saying cheaters don't exist though.  They definitely do.

 

About the report system, It does work.  Just don't abuse it.  Some have actually been banned for griefing and stuff recently. 

Thank you so VERY VERY much for this I really loved it! It made me smile and have a small amount of hope for the community and yah know I do want to know the good side of it but most days I see worse than good. I play on the Jericho or whatever. So if people don't want this game so dead why are we not standing up to these people that are chasing away the people that are doing this I see very few people sticking up for bonze and trying to help them. I really enjoyed reading this has so many good points and really help me look at the game in another I wish more people in the game were like you its a very nice change to what you experience as a newcomer! Yes, I was thinking about that there may be some people that are REALLY good witch is cool I don't mind a challenge.. Again I can't thank you enough for this response 😄 

 

Merged.

 

On 8/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, Ohshii said:

Don't listen to the people who are arguing just to argue.

 

There is a lot of private hacks in APB right now that are undetectable. Google will come up with a handful of them, the others are private through discord and steam groups. LO is aware of almost all of them, they're working on it. They dont have the money or the staff that say Epic Games or Blizzard has, so it just takes time.

 

Brandon said it the best, ya just gotta find that middle ground where you just push past the BS and play with a few friends and have fun regardless of the outcome. The game is what you make of it, and with all of it's downsides there are a lot of upsides to it as well. It's just unfortunate that most people who play solo will never see the upsides because of all the glaring downsides.

Thank you for this ❤️ Your rock I was hoping threw posting this I could find the good in the community and talk it out with some people and really figure out these rumors and all the things that can tend to be so frustrating about the game its self not even the players but safety hacks and all that yah know it is like a culter shock almost lol 😄 you almost don't even know how to respond though I did play elder scrolls their community is TEN times worse then this but I really appreciate this comment and what you have said to me 😄 gives me hope for what's to come and hopefully will continue to search out the good people in this game and become friends and have great wins! When you do win and people arnt shitty ITS SO FUN! 😄 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sir you dropped something

 

.................................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...