Paladon

Joker Ticket Store Weapon Price, Permanence, and Name Changes

Why does the Flare Gun cost 3,500 JT? Flare Ammo isn't a mod, it's just a tooltip to explain how the gun works.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Why does the Flare Gun cost 3,500 JT? Flare Ammo isn't a mod, it's just a tooltip to explain how the gun works.

There's actually a number of weapons that suffer from this.  Though i do think Silencer is debatable,   The ACES mods are balance placeholders and nothing more.

6 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

There's actually a number of weapons that suffer from this.  Though i do think Silencer is debatable,   The ACES mods are balance placeholders and nothing more.

Silencer is inconsistent on this. Most cases it's a mod (stuff like silenced NTEC or HVR for offhand examples), but some cases it's an innate part of the weapon (ISSRs, FR0Gs, etc). I would argue in the cases of the latter, it shouldn't increase the gun's cost. Alternatively, make the non-silenced versions of these weapons available.

ACES is another example where it shouldn't be counted as a mod for the purposes of the JT price. It's just a tooltip to give clarity between the two variants of the weapon.

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

ACES is another example where it shouldn't be counted as a mod for the purposes of the JT price. It's just a tooltip to give clarity between the two variants of the weapon.

It's not a tool tip, its there to prevent the gun from becoming unbalanced and just has flavor text to make it look legit.  HB2 on the ACES Rifle was hilariously strong.

God damn they really should revert the PDW 57 back to being an ACES Rifle, or an ACES.  Way more fitting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

God damn they really should revert the PDW 57 back to being an ACES Rifle, or an ACES.  Way more fitting.

Plz no. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Plz no. 

Not sure why you're saying no in this case.

It's not a tool tip, its there to prevent the gun from becoming unbalanced and just has flavor text to make it look legit.  HB2 on the ACES Rifle was hilariously strong.

I agree, we don't really need 2 OCA reskins, especially when i already own permanent 3 slotted OCA. Also there should be a loyalty reward selector instead of fixed rewards, in case you have already purchased certain weapon.

11 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I'm aware of that, I'm just pointing out that it's not a mod in itself. It's specific to just the ACES SMG/Rifle, and on top of that doesn't actually itself cause the stat changes. It really shouldn't contribute towards their JT price, as such.

11 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

As one who already owns the Kris and Stiletto, and absolutely loves the ACES, all of my yes.

7 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Not sure why you're saying no in this case.

Kris. 

I just like the Kris. 

Do whatever you want with the stiletto. Not like we need so many OCA remeshes. 

Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Kris. 

I just like the Kris. 

Do whatever you want with the stiletto. Not like we need so many OCA remeshes. 

A silenced ACES Rifle would out perform the Whisper tweaks, or an ACES for that matter.

Edited by SkittyM

2 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

A silenced ACES Rifle would out perform the Whisper tweaks, or an ACES for that matter.

doubtful, altho maybe when the oca gets reverted

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

doubtful, altho maybe when the oca gets reverted

Originally it was a rifle classed as an SMG.  OCA atm would probably still shred your face but since its getting nerfed, i can see the ACES coming back into circulation.  Idk though.   Like 6 extra versions of the PDW 57 sitting in the files still.

Making the PDW 57 an ACES Rifle / ACES remesh and it just become another gun that rarely gets used. We have enough of those already. 

33 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Making the PDW 57 an ACES Rifle / ACES remesh and it just become another gun that rarely gets used. We have enough of those already. 

We also have enough OCAs.  Making it an ACES makes it more like a P90 since thats what people prefer out of it.

32 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

We also have enough OCAs.  Making it an ACES makes it more like a P90 since thats what people prefer out of it.

Exactly. When I think P90, I think bullet hose. OCA tickles this feeling, but ultimately just can't achieve full fantasy on it. Was always something that disappointed me when Gamersfirst/Reloaded introduced their P90 as an OCA reskin instead of making it what it should've been in the first place...

42 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

since thats what people prefer out of it.

I'm not sure how you would know this. 

Also, the Kris is the only whisper remesh. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I'm not sure how you would know this. 

Because i was around when it was "leaked" onto the JT store and prior for its launch.  Everyone who did get to use it preferred the ACES stats, those who didn't use it also figured it should be more like an ACES.

Also, theres the C9 SD, if that ever comes to light.  So there's your whisper.

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

They really need to bring the Whisper and Kris back in line with the rest of the OCA line (and it's other reskins).

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Everyone who did get to use it preferred the ACES stats, those who didn't use it also figured it should be more like an ACES.

Lol... "Everyone"

Also, theres the C9 SD, if that ever comes to light.  So there's your ACES

See what I did there? 😏

Just now, Hexerin said:

They really need to bring the Whisper and Kris back in line with the rest of the OCA line (and it's other reskins).

Not really, it's still less accurate than the PMG, is outperformed by the PMG up to 40m and is basically useless at 50m. Add to that the fact that you cannot use cooling jacket AND presumably it will get the same ttk nerf as the standard OCA, and you will likely not see it nearly as much anyways.

Remove the extra range and the pmg crouch modifier, and you just have a shittier OCA.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

See what I did there? 😏

At no point does a K1 come close to being anything like a Vector or a P90.

15 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Also, theres the C9 SD, if that ever comes to light.  So there's your whisper.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

See what I did there?

Please don't ruin my bastard child, I actually quite enjoy the unique design of the Curse. Is on a path filling a similar niche with the Manic.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not really, it's still less accurate than the PMG, is outperformed by the PMG up to 40m and is basically useless at 50m. Add to that the fact that you cannot use cooling jacket AND presumably it will get the same ttk nerf as the standard OCA, and you will likely not see it nearly as much anyways.

Remove the extra range and the pmg crouch modifier, and you just have a shittier OCA.

The Whisper is statistically identical to the OCA, except for having 20m increased effective range. That's beyond idiotic, and needs to be fixed.

Edited by Hexerin

Just now, SkittyM said:

At no point does a K1 come close to being anything like a Vector or a P90.

Are we doing the real life argument?

Shit I'll take a p90 with 200m effective range. 

Sign me up. 

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Please don't ruin my bastard child, I actually quite enjoy the unique design of the Curse. Is on a path filling a similar niche with the Manic.

The Joker C9, not the H-9 Curse.

Just now, SkittyM said:

The Joker C9, not the H-9 Curse.

Oh. Always get those confused in discussion.

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The Whisper is statistically identical to the OCA, except for having 20m increased effective range. That's beyond idiotic, and needs to be fixed.

Since those 20m extra are largely useless, I think it'd be fine to drop them if the silencer becomes a purple mod with the same effect.