CookiePuss

Actually faced a cheater on Jericho...

8 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

I came back after a long break and the first match I played I was being called a cheater. The mentality in this game is very extreme when it concerns fair play. How often people get defensive and start to feel inadequate about their own skill level that they jump to accusations is so much higher than in other similar games I've played.

On a side note, as I've said before it's been a while since I've been around, but since when were SPCT members allowed to be so edgy? At first I thought people like Cookie and their edge was so sharp that I was just out of the loop, but now it just seems like genuine dribble. Is there no level of standards for the SPCT anymore?

Finally someone called me edgy outside of WASP. 

This is a big day for me. 

Time to switch to an all black outfit, pull out my ntec and stomp some fools. 

Thanks my dood!

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Finally someone called me edgy outside of WASP. 

This is a big day for me. 

Time to switch to an all black outfit, pull out my ntec and stomp some fools. 

Thanks my dood!

You're welcome.

7 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

That's why companies get sued if an employee does something despicable

no people sure to get rich quick.

they get  "offended" and want compensation for crocodile tears

14 hours ago, Westford said:

and add it to da pile.

its not a false hackusation by a bronze/silver who died but actually seeing someone suspicious

Edited by Fortune Runner

21 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

but I feel pretty confident that more than half the people that get hackusated aren't hacking

This.

If you know that you are not a very good high threat gold player then most of the players that been here for years will seem to be cheating (just because they play much better than you). You fire full auto and they never seem to die while they seem to kill you from miles away with just a few bullets (but this mostly just comes down to bullet control and aiming - as well as forcing the fight into the comfort zone of the weapon you are using and out of the comfort zone of your opponents current weapon). 

I often get hack accused as well, just for having good situational and map awareness.  Most people don't think about the sound they make as they run over empty boxes or the sound they make as they climb a stairs or opening doors. If I hear you trip over a trashcan in the vicinity I know where the trashcan is located and I know how long I need to precook my nade to hit you right as you round the corner. NPCs don't start running in fear by themselves, they only do that when they get spooked by someone coming at them with a weapon (so if I see a NPC running pass a corner I will pretty much know there is a high chance that also a player is coming from that direction). If you don't think about the way the sun is shining I will see your shadow as you hide behind a corner. If you don't think about which direction your in-game character is facing while hiding behind a corner I might see the tip of your rifle clipping through the wall. I often prenade locations where I would like to hide while waiting for attackers to rush the objective even if I don't know for sure if there will be anyone there or not. The mini map show when you are driving a car. Park to close and I know you will be coming. The mini map also show when you fire a bullet. Some people fire their guns for no reason after spawning, big mistake. If whole my team is east of the objective as we wipe your team then I know you only have spawn points to the west (because this is how the spawn system work). I often check what weapons my team and my opponents are using and what the actual object and objective location is, I also know by heart what the next mission objective will be - and I often use this to switch to a weapon best suited for the situation. If I am waiting to spawn and see that all my spawn points are north of the objective then I know that opponents will currently spawn south of the objective, So I let my team know. If I recently killed someone but then died myself and while spawning see 1-2 spawn points not being available then I know at least one of the opponents spawned close to it and I can often select a spawn point next to it and directly get a clear line of fire.  Spotter is the most imba character mod while playing with a coordinated team. etc etc etc..........  There are so much detail that inexperienced players have not learned yet. That comes with in-game experience and play time.

Playing with and against better players, observing them, asking for hints on how to improve - are both great way of improving.

Accusing them of cheating, is not.

You need to accept that there might be players that out-played you (or got lucky).

It does not automatically mean that they are cheating 😉

(I have personally not seen a single cheater for weeks.....´)

Edited by Bishada8800

Just to clarify, the point of this thread was just me trying to be fair and honest. 

I hadn't seen a cheater on Jericho in quite some time, even though I played every single day, and I have said as much. 

So when I actually found one, it seemed the right thing to do to mention it. Just to be fair to those who claimed to also have seen cheaters. 

It's not that I thought they didn't exist, it's not that I thought BE or EAC were or are perfect. I was honest when I said I hadn't seen cheaters, so I thought it was important to be honest when I had. 

A lot of people feel like the SPCT tag makes us more important somehow. And while that isn't true (we have no power and no authority) I just thought it was important to be honest about this subject. 

Anyways, yer all nerds and VSB microwaves his eggs.

Neener neener. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just to clarify, the point of this thread was just me trying to be fair and honest. 

I hadn't seen a cheater on Jericho in quite some time, even though I played every single day, and I have said as much. 

So when I actually found one, it seemed the right thing to do to mention it. Just to be fair to those who claimed to also have seen cheaters. 

It's not that I thought they didn't exist, it's not that I thought BE or EAC were or are perfect. I was honest when I said I hadn't seen cheaters, so I thought it was important to be honest when I had. 

A lot of people feel like the SPCT tag makes us more important somehow. And while that isn't true (we have no power and no authority) I just thought it was important to be honest about this subject. 

Anyways, yer all nerds and VSB microwaves his eggs.

Neener neener. 

As an official representative of LO held to a higher standard, you and your clandestine forum trolls are enabling a cheating environment.

neener.gif

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

its not a false hackusation by a bronze/silver

Prove it. Oh wait, you can't because it is false.

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I hadn't seen a cheater

s8IarmX.jpg

1 hour ago, Microtea said:

Prove it. Oh wait, you can't because it is false.

CookiePus isn't a bronze or silver who hackusates ....not hard to prove that

For once a thread from a person that doesn't cry about hackers every week.

People really need to relax about the hackers. I get called out for hacking every other day in this game, probably just for having killstreaks, and honestly the last time I hacked in a game It was 2012 and I was XRAYing trying to get diamonds on a minecraft server

Edited by _chain

I ran into a player yesterday who seemed to be wallhacking too. Knew where i was coming from everytime and was prefiring every time. One of the most suspicious rounds ive played in ages... clearly most people beng accused are just better than the accuser but that doesnt mean there are no cheaters.

last round i played in citadel in missions was this past weekend... solo... it took a few minutes to get into a match because someone pinned my car into a wall griefing me for a few minutes while t-baggin' my hood. good start...

the mission itself was a 3 vs 1. i was on the 3 player team. the opposing force never called for backup.

playing with some level of strategy, i went 1 and 8 against the other player. my teammates went 1 and 8+. together, we were able to kill this player a total combined times of 3x between us and they killed us 24+ times.

all 3 of us would group, then simultaneously be on various attack points and literally could not take this guy down. they were running through grenades. running straight at you while you shot em' full of lead till they point blank killed you with their stock ntec. it was an "awesome display of skill" (as i was told in chat) on their part. especially seeing they were a lvl 24 gold 🙂 named something like ")(*&#)#*&$#)(*$".

there are some great APB players with skill. this was not one of them.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

and VSB microwaves his eggs.

what the fuck

7 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

As an official representative of LO held to a higher standard, you and your clandestine forum trolls are enabling a cheating environment.

7VEs8xf.gif

i personally have seen 2 cheaters in the last 2 or 3 months, one is a known cheater (banned many times, he admits he still cheats) and the other guy was also banned many times, but this last guy is annoying asf, because he groups with other 2 or 3 veterans so no way u can call him "cheater" because inmediately his 2 teammates will start defending him.

also, he doesn't need to blatantly cheat, because his 2 or 3 veterans teammates can easily win missions without that cheater. So the cheater actually doesn't need to toggle on, hell, maybe he only toggle on against good players and toggle off against bad players.

can we just call them cheaters?  Calling cheaters hackers gives them more credit than they deserve.  Hell, most of them probably had issues just installing the program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, illgot said:

can we just call them cheaters?  Calling cheaters hackers gives them more credit than they deserve.  Hell, most of them probably had issues just installing the program.

i mean if we're going to get super technical lots of "hackers" use out-of-the-box programs as well, some don't even code at all and instead rely on social engineering

no one hears "xXxplsnoban43xXx is hacking" and thinks "wow he's good at coding" lol

50 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i mean if we're going to get super technical lots of "hackers" use out-of-the-box programs as well, some don't even code at all and instead rely on social engineering

no one hears "xXxplsnoban43xXx is hacking" and thinks "wow he's good at coding" lol

no but hackers sounds much more technical and cooler than cheater.

Cheaters are just that, cheaters, calling them anything that sounds remotely cool or edgy just makes them sound better than they are.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, _chain said:

For once a thread from a person that doesn't cry about hackers every week.

amazing isn't it?

People really need to relax about the hackers. I get called out for hacking every other day in this game, probably just for having killstreaks,

i got called a hacker just the other day for killing someone with my primary...twice while they were wide open....while they ran around like an idiot.

and honestly the last time I hacked in a game It was 2012 and I was XRAYing trying to get diamonds on a minecraft server 

kinda have to to get enough diamonds , or that mod to buy still if it still exists.

10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

amazing isn't it?

It really is.

10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i got called a hacker just the other day for killing someone with my primary...twice while they were wide open....while they ran around like an idiot.

Ah, the usual. As for my shit, people don't realise nailing the ideal tap rate on the sr15 and hip firing it is easy.

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

kinda have to to get enough diamonds , or that mod to buy still if it still exists.

Not really. But eh, I was rushing some endgame pvp action, so whatever. 

Trading is the solution. If you get a decent set of villagers trading unenchanted diamond gear you're basically set for the rest of the game. The next step is getting a mending trade.

1 minute ago, _chain said:

It really is.

Ah, the usual. As for my shit, people don't realise nailing the ideal tap rate on the sr15 and hip firing it is easy.

Not really. But eh, I was rushing some endgame pvp action, so whatever. 

Trading is the solution. If you get a decent set of villagers trading unenchanted diamond gear you're basically set for the rest of the game. The next step is getting a mending trade.

oh i thought you meant pre villagers lol ok then

53 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

oh i thought you meant pre villagers lol ok then

I did. But the solution came with the villages, so xraying is kinda meh now. Pathfinding and botting is where it's at right now. 

I'll mention apb and hacking so the post doesn't get removed. Watch this:

Oh boy! I sure dislike the people that hack in this game! Boo hoo anticheat does nothing. Matthew do something. If only there were another game, equally as entertaining or more, with a better ingame community, that i could play instead! 

I'm pretty fucking sad tbh. Nothing to do tomorrow too, guess i'll drink it off. 

1 minute ago, _chain said:

I'm pretty fucking sad tbh. Nothing to do tomorrow too, guess i'll drink it off.  

apparently people have fun playing drunken APB and doing crazy car stunts so why not both? lol

1 hour ago, illgot said:

no but hackers sounds much more technical and cooler than cheater.

Cheaters are just that, cheaters, calling them anything that sounds remotely cool or edgy just makes them sound better than they are.

i guess we have a difference of opinion, since whenever someone refers to actual irl hackers these days i instantly think "vidya cheater" first and then everything else second lol