Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

questions about snipers

Recommended Posts

Whats the difference b/w these snipers - regular hvr, scout, psr, pathfinder.

How much damage does all these sniper guns do when - not scoped, scoped, after 85m.

Is there a term for this 'when not scoped' and 'scoped' thing so i can just check them on my own by browsing apbdb?

What are jump shots? how do do them? 

what are crouch shots? how to do them?

 

Links to good sniper gameplays or guides would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You missed my fav sniper dmr. 

 

HVR: It is the most preferred sniper by the community and since its most preferred cuz itsavailable thru contacts and its most hated as well.

PSR: Is a reskin of the HVR and it comes with multiple variants: 1 with  3 open slots, and  another with a silencer prefixed to it and  its available in the game through armas marketplace or through joker store.

Scout/pathfinder: Is a mobile sniper and its available in the game through armas marketplace or through joker store.

DMR-SD/DMR-AV: These both are diff sniper variants SD stands for silenced and AV stands for antivehicle. The SD version of the gun is available through contacts and the AV version is available through the jokerstore or through armas marketplace

 

 

Damage:

 

HVR does 850 health dmg till the range of 90m when it is full marksmanship mode/scoped. The gun does 660 health damage when its not in full marksmanship mode. It also does 280 health damage in close combat in no marksmanship mode/no scope. This was to make sure that it doesn't do 850 health dmg as it used to be in the past.

 

The scout/pathfinder does 550 health damage till the range of 90m and it doesnt deal any diff damages in close combats as such.

 

DMR: It does 400 health damage till 80m and its damage increases steadily after that. In long ranges you can kill someone quicker than a regular hvr itself.

 

 

1 hour ago, foscor77 said:

What are jump shots? how do do them? 

what are crouch shots? how to do them?

 

One of my fav sniper clips.. i infact learnt sniping from this guy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

One of my fav sniper clips.. i infact learnt sniping from this guy.

I have so many questions, but the biggest is "How?"

 

Like is the secret to great sniping to wear no clothes, blast some sick beats, and slow your PC down after every kill?

 

Also notice how the Anubis, SBSR, and Dog Ear aren't even considered in a discussion on snipers. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dog Ear is great for hard damage.  Love destroying cars with it and it's a bit better than the DMR-AV because you are much more mobile, don't have a very limited window for max efficiency, and you can hang out of a car with the Dog Ear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dog Ear does too much hard damage for what the gun is, only weapon with a suppressor that isn't shit against cars, and can be used while driving without having to car surf. The reasons nobody cares to mention all the other Anubis or SBSR is because they are factually useless. Anubis is a shitty DMR without the inverse damage drop and vehicle damage, SBSR is........... something. Technically also not a sniper but a rifle iirc. Anubis you still actually see sometimes, but the SBSR I have only ever seen in RIOT, not even kidding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

SBSR

28 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

SBSR is........... something. Technically also not a sniper but a rifle iirc

Yep, it is a rifle, but uses sniper ammo.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Technically also not a sniper but a rifle iirc. Anubis you still actually see sometimes, but the SBSR I have only ever seen in RIOT, not even kidding.

 

1 hour ago, itsRby said:

Yep, it is a rifle, but uses sniper ammo.

 

Wow you guys are right, both the SBSRs are in the "Semi-Automatic Rifles" section on ARMAS. I thought one was a SAR and one was a HVR. But both SARs? So feel bad for anyone who dropped money on those things.

 

 

 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I have so many questions, but the biggest is "How?"

 

Like is the secret to great sniping to wear no clothes, blast some sick beats, and slow your PC down after every kill?

 

Also notice how the Anubis, SBSR, and Dog Ear aren't even considered in a discussion on snipers. 

I was the most terrible sniper you can ever imagine in citadel. I dint have the patience for a sniper and my high latency was the biggest issue.

 

I can land the first shot correctly and during the second shot..i couldnt land it..cuz the enemy would jump like a deer, run zig zag, dodge bullets like NEO and run. There are 100's of enemies who ran into cover and i had got fed up with it. After a while i dropped my plan of continuing with a sniper.. At random times i would  do crazy things like switch the lmb to rmb and play..play with the scroll key etc..hey trust me i was a guy who tried playing the carbine with a scroll wheel before learning the rhythm. I did the same with sniper..and yeah maybe out of excitement i could play ok'ish for a few mins and i sucked after a while. I tried almost every crazy thing to get good with the sniper..

 

Played with the anubis and i did ok maybe because of the crosshair. But i dint get any better with a normal hvr or a scout. I watched plenty of yt videos and players make it seem like shotgunning and sniping are soo soo simple and they can do it with their eyes closed and one hand tied to the chair.

 

I slowed down yt videos, watched my fav clips again and again to learn what i lack in sniping..I tried doin crazy things like shoot couplle times with a fbw,crouch as soon as possible and no scope the guy..and the guy would run around..nail my down with a carbine and tbag me. I tried doin this with some golds and got trolled real bad. They would do the same and hit me perfectly and move on.

 

I really want to do the same.. I played only with snipers ever since then..i would land 2 shots continously on afk players and i would be so happy that yay i managed to do so. After that i learnt some stuff while playing a lot. Like this is my crazy thing in apb when it comes to sniping.

 

I jus land the first shot on the enemy and i crouch down and raise up shooting the enemy.. A movement is really important to me..

 

Or i jus land the first shot on the enemy and wait for him to dodge or run..sit down at the same time shooting the enemy.. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I have so many questions, but the biggest is "How?"

 

Like is the secret to great sniping to wear no clothes, blast some sick beats, and slow your PC down after every kill?

 

Also notice how the Anubis, SBSR, and Dog Ear aren't even considered in a discussion on snipers. 

Because the SBSR is a waste of server space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Also notice how the Anubis, SBSR, and Dog Ear aren't even considered in a discussion on snipers. 

Anubis should not even be considered a gun its so freaking bad. i see so many poor newbies buying/trading this gun thinking its a legendary so its be good then they are stuck with it forever until someother newbie comes and buys their gun lol such a vicious cycle.

 

As for sbsr and dog ear. they are armas gun and i dont cash shop. i could buy these guns for joker tickets but im saving my jt for the crown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foscor77 said:

they are armas gun and i dont cash shop

8 hours ago, foscor77 said:

scout, psr, pathfinder.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

?

scout = duck/reaper (can get through in game money via mp)

psr = hvr

Edited by foscor77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, foscor77 said:

scout = duck/reaper (can get through in game money via mp)

psr = hvr

Scout= duck..bt it is not same as the reaper.

 

Many have got this wrong. The N-HVR Reaper 243-SD Has a silencer mod in it which makes it impossible to add a cj3 to it. Which is not the case in duck or scout. Allows it to be faster.

 

Additional info on why cj3 is so important on a sniper is because if u use a clotting agent 3, you tend to heal faster in a 85-90m range within the subsequent shot fired. Which makes the reaper 3 shotted and the duck/scout as 2 shotted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foscor77 said:

Anubis should not even be considered a gun its so freaking bad. i see so many poor newbies buying/trading this gun thinking its a legendary so its be good then they are stuck with it forever until someother newbie comes and buys their gun lol such a vicious cycle.

 

As for sbsr and dog ear. they are armas gun and i dont cash shop. i could buy these guns for joker tickets but im saving my jt for the crown.

Still waiting for them to revert the Anubis changes back to how it was before, like LO said they would do......

 

Back when the gun was at least usable and super fun.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Scout= duck..bt it is not same as the reaper.

 

Many have got this wrong. The N-HVR Reaper 243-SD Has a silencer mod in it which makes it impossible to add a cj3 to it. Which is not the case in duck or scout. Allows it to be faster.

 

Additional info on why cj3 is so important on a sniper is because if u use a clotting agent 3, you tend to heal faster in a 85-90m range within the subsequent shot fired. Which makes the reaper 3 shotted and the duck/scout as 2 shotted.

oh i know about the various modded variations of snipers but i decided to ignore them as then this discussion would become pointlessly long. Though i agree the mods does makes a difference.

 

Merged.

 

anybody have any idea why sitting duck lost its value? i mean trash like ogre are selling for 3-4 mil but duck only for 2 mil and less? how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foscor77 said:

anybody have any idea why sitting duck lost its value? i mean trash like ogre are selling for 3-4 mil but duck only for 2 mil and less? how?

jumpshooting and quickswitching are gone 

 

sprint shooting “fix” made scout gameplay noticeably more clunky and unenjoyable 

 

on one side heavy hvr is a better sniper, even after the quickswitch “nerf”

 

on the other side the obir and obeya offer nearly the same functionality and are far easier/more forgiving 

 

ca3

 

 

 

 

Edited by Glaciers
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People saying SBSR (IRS) is useless just don't know how to use it...

It is a little less powerful than the rest of snipers? Yes. It is useless? No

It has high hard damage for destroying vehicles and fast fire rate for either suppresive fire or hit various enemies fast.

Maybe is not the best "sniper", but is not useless and actually fun to play with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devil17 said:

People saying SBSR (IRS) is useless just don't know how to use it...

It is a little less powerful than the rest of snipers? Yes. It is useless? No

It has high hard damage for destroying vehicles and fast fire rate for either suppresive fire or hit various enemies fast.

Maybe is not the best "sniper", but is not useless and actually fun to play with it.

But it's not a sniper :c

EDIT :  I mixed up with the Coroner lol

Though it's still under the 'Rifles' category on Armas, making it very misleading https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=63&subcatID=198&productId=3918

Edited by itsRby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itsRby said:

But it's not a sniper :c

EDIT :  I mixed up with the Coroner lol

Though it's still under the 'Rifles' category on Armas, making it very misleading https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=63&subcatID=198&productId=3918

Yes, they added the IRS to rifles a couple of week ago and I don't know why. It is a sniper, the Coroner is the rifle version.

You are right, it is very misleading. I don't know why LO did this change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Devil17 said:

People saying SBSR (IRS) is useless just don't know how to use it...

It is a little less powerful than the rest of snipers? Yes. It is useless? No

It has high hard damage for destroying vehicles and fast fire rate for either suppresive fire or hit various enemies fast.

Maybe is not the best "sniper", but is not useless and actually fun to play with it.

 

it’s just objectively worse than other options 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Devil17 said:

People saying SBSR (IRS) is useless just don't know how to use it...

It is a little less powerful than the rest of snipers? Yes. It is useless? No

It has high hard damage for destroying vehicles and fast fire rate for either suppresive fire or hit various enemies fast.

Maybe is not the best "sniper", but is not useless and actually fun to play with it.

 

It is just a worse DMR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, Defibrillator said:

I was the most terrible sniper you can ever imagine in citadel. I dint have the patience for a sniper and my high latency was the biggest issue.

 

I can land the first shot correctly and during the second shot..i couldnt land it..cuz the enemy would jump like a deer, run zig zag, dodge bullets like NEO and run. There are 100's of enemies who ran into cover and i had got fed up with it. After a while i dropped my plan of continuing with a sniper.. At random times i would  do crazy things like switch the lmb to rmb and play..play with the scroll key etc..hey trust me i was a guy who tried playing the carbine with a scroll wheel before learning the rhythm. I did the same with sniper..and yeah maybe out of excitement i could play ok'ish for a few mins and i sucked after a while. I tried almost every crazy thing to get good with the sniper..

 

Played with the anubis and i did ok maybe because of the crosshair. But i dint get any better with a normal hvr or a scout. I watched plenty of yt videos and players make it seem like shotgunning and sniping are soo soo simple and they can do it with their eyes closed and one hand tied to the chair.

 

I slowed down yt videos, watched my fav clips again and again to learn what i lack in sniping..I tried doin crazy things like shoot couplle times with a fbw,crouch as soon as possible and no scope the guy..and the guy would run around..nail my down with a carbine and tbag me. I tried doin this with some golds and got trolled real bad. They would do the same and hit me perfectly and move on.

 

I really want to do the same.. I played only with snipers ever since then..i would land 2 shots continously on afk players and i would be so happy that yay i managed to do so. After that i learnt some stuff while playing a lot. Like this is my crazy thing in apb when it comes to sniping.

 

I jus land the first shot on the enemy and i crouch down and raise up shooting the enemy.. A movement is really important to me..

 

Or i jus land the first shot on the enemy and wait for him to dodge or run..sit down at the same time shooting the enemy.. 

 

 

I love you.

 

I have nothing else to say I am just glad that I am not alone with the sniper-sucking disease. Your story really inspires me to want to keep snipering, thanks man.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:39 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Still waiting for them to revert the Anubis changes back to how it was before, like LO said they would do......

 

Back when the gun was at least usable and super fun.

I would like to put in my vote for these reversions.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:46 AM, CookiePuss said:

The Dog Ear is completely fine as-is. 

There it is fellas, Cookie says it's fine, so time to nerf it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

 

There it is fellas, Cookie says it's fine, so time to nerf it.

Shit... It's going the be the Yukon all over again isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...