Jump to content
jarko

Loitering in a " Action District " yes/no?

Loitering in a " Action district "  

144 members have voted

  1. 1. Should they kick/move to social district players that are loitering in a " Action district " (Financial/Waterfront)?

    • Yes, it ruins the experience for those that are waiting for a match
      66
    • No, i prefer wasting the capacity of a district for my own distractions.
      78


Recommended Posts

To put it short, I agree with what dogfish said: "This is actually dumb"

 

The original post was edited and now contains remarks originally brought up by me, but my posts where those remarks come from has been removed by moderators because they were "derailing" the subject. So is OP now derailing his/her own thread? 🤣Every single post I've written here has been removed.

 

So I'll refer to the original post then for some of my opinions which were so derailing that they are now part of the original post........

That too is dumb.

 

 

 

 

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

 

The original post was edited and now contains remarks originally brought up by me, but my posts where those remarks come from has been removed by moderators because they were "derailing" the subject. So is OP now derailing his/her own thread? 🤣Every single post I've written here has been removed.

 

moderation hasnt changed at all from the last few years. its like the mods are just using different names at this point

 

but thats to be expected at this point. the op makes a legitimate point and the people who afk in social or have to make the entire point of the thread revolve around streaming or whatever are just being stupid. no one has even thought about what the op is even talking about and instead have to make it out like a personal attack against them and their beliefs certain people can do whatever they want because fuck the playerbase.

 

xd

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alani said:

 

moderation hasnt changed at all from the last few years. its like the mods are just using different names at this point

 

but thats to be expected at this point. the op makes a legitimate point and the people who afk in social or have to make the entire point of the thread revolve around streaming or whatever are just being stupid. no one has even thought about what the op is even talking about and instead have to make it out like a personal attack against them and their beliefs certain people can do whatever they want because fuck the playerbase.

 

xd

I don't believe there is a legitimate point being made here. The OP makes it sound like anyone who doesn't do what he wants out of the game is wrong. That is a horrible mindset to have. This type of game isn't like Battlefield where if you aren't participating in the match you are hurting the team. This game was founded on people doing what they want to enjoy the game, and that means any way they choose. He is lumping in people who are hanging out and Bounty Hunting and whatnot with those who grief missions, TKing or Throwing the mission. There are no similarities and the fact that he is attacking others for playing how they want is very unprofessional.
If he wants to do missions then by all means, do them. 3 or 4 people not doing missions won't affect matchmaking more than Matchmaking is already affecting itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alani said:

the op makes a legitimate point

How so?

What exactly defines loitering and how will the game be able to detect them automatically?

 

He asks a question / makes a suggestion that by default cannot be implemented.

That makes it an invalid suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Recon_Puppy said:

I don't believe there is a legitimate point being made here. The OP makes it sound like anyone who doesn't do what he wants out of the game is wrong. That is a horrible mindset to have. This type of game isn't like Battlefield where if you aren't participating in the match you are hurting the team. This game was founded on people doing what they want to enjoy the game, and that means any way they choose. He is lumping in people who are hanging out and Bounty Hunting and whatnot with those who grief missions, TKing or Throwing the mission. There are no similarities and the fact that he is attacking others for playing how they want is very unprofessional.
If he wants to do missions then by all means, do them. 3 or 4 people not doing missions won't affect matchmaking more than Matchmaking is already affecting itself.

 

if you dont see the point of what the op is bitching about, but then claim the op is lumping the people who are 'hanging out' to those who are griefing, you see the point but chose to ignore it.

 

the 'this game was founded on X' thing doesnt really work when this game is a literal cops and robbers game and has specific areas for social interaction.

 

 the op is simply making a point and complaining about how people will simply sit around and bullshoot in the district, taking up space in jericho. the lowest populated server since han was shut down. this may not be an issue on citadel, but its a major issue in jericho, when players will see a full district and decide to not play rather than wait or hang out in another district waiting for population.

 

no one is being 'unprofessional' or attacking people. if you feel attacked you need to contact the british police or some other feeling police force

 

matchmaking is heavily affected by players who do not play the game btw. if you are waiting for a mission for more than X amount of time, the matchmaking gets broader, and broader to the point you are having missions with low tier players against high tier players.

 

1 minute ago, Saxtus said:

How so?

What exactly defines loitering and how will the game be able to detect them automatically?

 

He asks a question / makes a suggestion that by default cannot be implemented.

That makes it an invalid suggestion.

 

theyre not suggesting anything. theyre literally asking for peoples opinions lmfao and offering some ideas to the issue stated

 

 

but sure. its an 'invalid' suggestion

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alani said:

theyre not suggesting anything. theyre literally asking for peoples opinions lmfao and offering some ideas to the issue stated

 

 

but sure. its an 'invalid' suggestion

Yes, you're right, I've mistaken the following as an invalid question/suggestion, my bad:

 

Should they kick/move to social district players that are loitering in a " Action district " (Financial/Waterfront)?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saxtus said:

Yes, you're right, I've mistaken the following as an invalid question/suggestion, my bad:

 

Should they kick/move to social district players that are loitering in a " Action district " (Financial/Waterfront)?

 

 

personally i dont know. its probably something that will need a similar function to those who don't do anything in FC. If you don't do anything for about 10 minutes you are prompted you are about to be kicked for inactivity and then poof. You are kicked back to lobby. Well currently its function is shit and it literally logs you out for some reason.

 

I'm just irritated that people are trying to make this issue seem like an non-issue when most people who play on jericho just don't play if the silver district is already full, rather than just being patient and trying something else like FC. Population is literal shit in NA because no one, me included, have no patience to wait, and the people chilling out in the action district doing nothing just take up space don't really care.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alani said:

 

if you dont see the point of what the op is bitching about, but then claim the op is lumping the people who are 'hanging out' to those who are griefing, you see the point but chose to ignore it.

 

the 'this game was founded on X' thing doesnt really work when this game is a literal cops and robbers game and has specific areas for social interaction.

 

 the op is simply making a point and complaining about how people will simply sit around and bullshoot in the district, taking up space in jericho. the lowest populated server since han was shut down. this may not be an issue on citadel, but its a major issue in jericho, when players will see a full district and decide to not play rather than wait or hang out in another district waiting for population.

 

no one is being 'unprofessional' or attacking people. if you feel attacked you need to contact the british police or some other feeling police force

 

matchmaking is heavily affected by players who do not play the game btw. if you are waiting for a mission for more than X amount of time, the matchmaking gets broader, and broader to the point you are having missions with low tier players against high tier players.

 

 

theyre not suggesting anything. theyre literally asking for peoples opinions lmfao and offering some ideas to the issue stated

 

 

but sure. its an 'invalid' suggestion

Let me put it in "Simple Man's" terms.
Loitering = Okay
Missions = Okay
Socializing = Okay
Attacking people for not playing the way you play = Oh dear god no.
You have to understand this game isn't meant to just be missions every single moment. Even the OP's post would backfire because you can't guarantee Opp in a mission. This game is Open World for a reason, allow people to experience it as they want.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Recon_Puppy said:

You have to understand this game isn't meant to just be missions every single moment. Even the OP's post would backfire because you can't guarantee Opp in a mission. This game is Open World for a reason, allow people to experience it as they want.

They call it an action district for a reason. There is a social district, for a reason. You can't guarantee opposition because of the low population.

 

The game is not truly open world. If it was, no one would be on this thread bitching at each other. The only 'open world' part about the game is you being in the action district 'lobby' waiting for a mission to start up. Sure, in the past we had drug mules and other events, but that is all gone now. Hell we used to have 50 v 50. But they decided to decrease it because the company was too fucking poor to afford better servers and decided decreasing the district sizes is better. Instead the game shit the floor and we are here complaining and arguing about people not playing missions in the action district and other people complaining and arguing about people who just want to have fun, drive around, and do whatever the fuck they want.

 

Oh and let me add an edit.

 

Attacking people =/= disagreeing with people

 

pls stop

Edited by Alani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Back to the topic: This thread's subject is a moot point from the beginning.

 

At first I thought it would be ok to joke about it and lighten up the mood, but unfortunately, people took this forum thread too seriously, and even moderators had to step in.

We are a small community that is getting smaller every day. Stop bickering to each other, become friends and coexist.

 

The poll's question is about kicking those that are loitering action districts:

  1. What exactly defines loitering?
    Racing?
    Smashing stores and stealing from pedestrians?
    Hunting bounties?
    Working towards daily Joker ticket objectives that require you to deliver cars or run over a high amount of pedestrians?
    RPing?
  2. How will the game be able to detect them automatically?
  3. What guarantees, even if such a mechanism is built in the game, that the space that will be made to the district by kicking them, will be filled by people that will be entered in the next mission with them?

Either the original poster didn't think it through, either his intentions are different, and his goal is not such a mechanism to be implemented, but to masquerade his displease about the actions of specific individuals that he doesn't approve.

 

 

I'm glad finnaly someone as brought this up because from that i can realise a little too late that i haven't elaborated my opinion on the matter and just made it look really drastic. If i would of elaborated by the same opponent time my opinion..this topic would of probably then be moved to " Suggestions & Ideas " which would of broken the spirit of having a discussion. I'm glad and not at the same time of what i've seen in this topic but as i mention you can't please everyone and you never will be capable of... 

 

I've been reading every posts that were valuables.. i was just hoping someone would of just ask these specific questions earlier.

 

1. A : What i define as loitering is someone that is not having any apparent purpose.

 

By the contrary racing as Kempington does once in a while is an event with a purpose. I've seen multiple events with cars and i'm not against them. Its actually an event that promote a certain type of activity that entertain an audience.

 

Smashing stores and stealing from pedestrians is a purpose since its a mechanism that was introduced by the developers.

 

Hunting bounties sure is too but yet it isn't as frequent as it can be so.. is it valuable to standby and do nothing while you could probably catch a bounty while being on a mission since of the frequency of it?

 

Your next point, one of them is an achievement so yes obviously its not considering loitering since you are reaching for a specific goal. If the other one would exist then yes obviously since your GOAL is to GAIN a specific kind of currency in game to ACQUIRE something you're wishing to possess.

 

2.A : I certainly don't want any automated mechanism to be involved with this because i doubt that such a thing could judge in a fair way what isn't considered loitering and what is. I think that reporting is quite enough and that it will be investigated by a person with common sense.

 

3.A : There is no guarantees obviously and only time and statistic could tell but i doubt that we have that luxury. 

 

I'm really thankful for your post honestly, 

 

Hopefully this clarify even further my opinion once again,

 

Regards,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alani said:

They call it an action district for a reason. There is a social district, for a reason. You can't guarantee opposition because of the low population.

 

The game is not truly open world. If it was, no one would be on this thread bitching at each other. The only 'open world' part about the game is you being in the action district 'lobby' waiting for a mission to start up. Sure, in the past we had drug mules and other events, but that is all gone now. Hell we used to have 50 v 50. But they decided to decrease it because the company was too fucking poor to afford better servers and decided decreasing the district sizes is better. Instead the game shit the floor and we are here complaining and arguing about people not playing missions in the action district and other people complaining and arguing about people who just want to have fun, drive around, and do whatever the fuck they want.

You still don't get it. Those who are loitering are waiting for the game to get better, when the game is fixed you'll have more people in mission districts doing missions. Thats it, point made.
The game is legitimately Open-world, it may not be as big as say GTA 5, but it is open-world nonetheless.

 

 

 
 

 Here, have fun telling me how wrong it is to enjoy the game my way.
The twitch clips don't seem to be working, so my apologies there.

Edited by Recon_Puppy
Twitch clips didn't work
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Recon_Puppy said:

You still don't get it. Those who are loitering are waiting for the game to get better, when the game is fixed you'll have more people in mission districts doing missions. Thats it, point made.
The game is legitimately Open-world, it may not be as big as say GTA 5, but it is open-world nonetheless.

 

Okay. I don't understand. Do you mean loitering as in people just chilling in the forums, or people sitting in the action districts literally waiting for the game to get better in real time?

 

If its the latter, then top fucking kek. And again, no. APB is not 'legitimately open world.' It's literally a glorified lobby.

 

 

and no, I don't really feel like wasting my time watching random videos. I'm not really arguing for or against the OP's point. My original issue was with how people are arguing on the basis of fun or whatever and completely ignoring the major population issue. And instead of offering suggestions to fix it, they just want to argue with the OP instead of help fix it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, people waiting in a mission for opposition, are hindering the (already broken) matchmaking system from doing its job.

Maybe if they stop doing it, they will solve the problem they are causing by themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alani said:

 

Okay. I don't understand. Do you mean loitering as in people just chilling in the forums, or people sitting in the action districts literally waiting for the game to get better in real time?

 

If its the latter, then top fucking kek. And again, no. APB is not 'legitimately open world.' It's literally a glorified lobby.

 

 

and no, I don't really feel like wasting my time watching random videos. I'm not really arguing for or against the OP's point. My original issue was with how people are arguing on the basis of fun or whatever and completely ignoring the major population issue. And instead of offering suggestions to fix it, they just want to argue with the OP instead of help fix it.

It is legitimately Open-world in the way that you can go around the districts without being forced to do missions. There is a reason that Auto-ready isn't a thing that happens anymore.
People can do what they want in the game, even if that means loitering. There is already an AFK system in place you don't need to add a kicking feature.
The fact of the matter is that population won't get fixed until the game improves and the game won't improve until LO decides to put aside Riot mode for now and focus on making the performance better.
As it stands LO is spreading their resources too thin, they need to bulk up and focus on performance issues and customer service. There is no issue only the OP's personal dislike of people who are hanging out and having fun their own way. If you need an example of a game that isn't Open world, let me direct you to Overwatch, or any battlefield game, or here is a great thought Call of Duty.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have loitering to do.

Edited by Recon_Puppy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, this sounds like a bunch of boomers complaining about a couple of kids loitering in front of a super market. They're not harming anybody and it only annoys the one with a personal vendetta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Recon_Puppy said:

It is legitimately Open-world in the way that you can go around the districts without being forced to do missions.

That isn't open world. Open world includes a lot more than just messing around and/or waiting for the next mission to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I believe is that in a few months from now, engine update will be a reality, phasing will be here, matchmaking will be fixed, population will bloom.

Then we will look back in this thread and people from both sides of the argument will laugh at it.

 

Patience! Good things are coming!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

What I believe is that in a few months from now, engine update will be a reality, phasing will be here, matchmaking will be fixed, population will bloom.

Then we will look back in this thread and people from both sides of the argument will laugh at it.

 

Patience! Good things are coming!

can anyone explain what the fuck phasing is?

 

like is this some sort of new mode or what. literally everyone talks about this magical phasing and I don't even know what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alani said:

That isn't open world. Open world includes a lot more than just messing around and/or waiting for the next mission to do.

It literally is, my dude. You have the option to either drive/run around and do side related stuff like ram raiding or bounty hunting OR you can focus on doing missions. That pretty much screams the definiton of open world. How is it so much different from a GTA Online lobby? It's also by definition open world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alani, I have to commend you for keeping this discussion at least somewhat professional, it helps when talking about things.
That being said, there is a point where we've derailed a topic to the point of getting lost in the meaning, and I believe we have reached that point, if you'd like to message me in some form, be it in-game if you so choose, you can. Ellenoi or Ellienoi is who you can mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Alani said:

That isn't open world. Open world includes a lot more than just messing around and/or waiting for the next mission to do.

Open world definition according to Wikipedia: In video games, an open world is a virtual world in which the player can explore and approach objectives freely, as opposed to a world with more linear gameplay. While games have used open-world designs since the 1980s, the implementation in Grand Theft Auto III (2001) set a standard that has been used since.

 

APB is open world no matter how you twist it.

 

51 minutes ago, Alani said:

can anyone explain what the fuck phasing is?

 

like is this some sort of new mode or what. literally everyone talks about this magical phasing and I don't even know what it is

Phasing is a system that seamlessly moves you to a different instance of the district you're in based on matchmaking without bringing up a loading screen or respawning you or anything.  With phasing, matchmaking will be taking from a pool of every player in an instance of that district, which will also eliminate threat locked districts all together.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why is this thread still alive 

 

2 hours ago, jarko said:

I certainly don't want any automated mechanism to be involved with this because i doubt that such a thing could judge in a fair way what isn't considered loitering and what is. I think that reporting is quite enough and that it will be investigated by a person with common sense.

dumb

 

if you had asked for an automatic system maybe a case could be argued despite the resources and dev time that would have to be taken from more important projects, but a manual system? laughable

 

1) GMs are basically glorified spcm members - they clearly already struggle to handle current ingame issues and there’s widespread doubt that they do anything constructive, these are the people you want deciding who gets to play and who doesn’t?

 

2) when was the last time you thought your /report had any effect on the game? and do you truly think a GM sifting through /reports will respond to loiterers in a timely manner? 

 

3) the backlash from GMs arbitrarily booting players from districts will immediately outweigh any negative effects caused by loiterers, who the fuck is going to log into apb (a game that already disconnects and crashes frequently) for the chance to get booted by a GM even if playing the game “correctly”? because even you yourself can’t be objective about this

 

2 hours ago, jarko said:

Hunting bounties sure is too but yet it isn't as frequent as it can be so.. is it valuable to standby and do nothing while you could probably catch a bounty while being on a mission since of the frequency of it?

 

2 hours ago, jarko said:

Smashing stores and stealing from pedestrians is a purpose since its a mechanism that was introduced by the developers.

 

2 hours ago, jarko said:

obviously since your GOAL is to GAIN a specific kind of currency in game to ACQUIRE something you're wishing to possess

dumb

 

you just lost the thin pretense of objectivity you had, why is one “mechanism that was introduced by the developers” treated any different from another? why is one “goal to gain” different from another?

 

because that’s a slippery slope - will players be booted for ramraiding too slow? too inefficiently?

will enforcers be booted for only delivering stolen cars?

will criminals be booted for only mugging?

 

what happens when a GM boots you because you’re literally too good and have spent 30 minutes “loitering” because the matchmaking system isn’t giving you opp?

 

2 hours ago, jarko said:

I've been reading every posts that were valuables.. i was just hoping someone would of just ask these specific questions earlier

looks like you weren’t really reading then (shocker), these questions were brought up earlier

 

2 hours ago, jarko said:

Hopefully this clarify even further my opinion once again,

yeah it’s a dumb fucking opinion, got that crystal clear from post number 1

 

 

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

why is this thread still alive 

 

dumb

 

if you had asked for an automatic system maybe a case could be argued despite the resources and dev time that would have to be taken from more important projects, but a manual system? laughable

 

1) GMs are basically glorified spcm members - they clearly already struggle to handle current ingame issues and there’s widespread doubt that they do anything constructive, these are the people you want deciding who gets to play and who doesn’t?

 

2) when was the last time you thought your /report had any effect on the game? and do you truly think a GM sifting through /reports will respond to loiterers in a timely manner? 

 

3) the backlash from GMs arbitrarily booting players from districts will immediately outweigh any negative effects caused by loiterers, who the fuck is going to log into apb (a game that already disconnects and crashes frequently) for the chance to get booted by a GM even if playing the game “correctly”? because even you yourself can’t be objective about this

 

 

 

dumb

 

you just lost the thin pretense of objectivity you had, why is one “mechanism that was introduced by the developers” treated any different from another? why is one “goal to gain” different from another?

 

because that’s a slippery slope - will players be booted for ramraiding too slow? too inefficiently?

will enforcers be booted for only delivering stolen cars?

will criminals be booted for only mugging?

 

what happens when a GM boots you because you’re literally too good and have spent 30 minutes “loitering” because the matchmaking system isn’t giving you opp?

 

looks like you weren’t really reading then (shocker), these questions were brought up earlier

 

yeah it’s a dumb fucking opinion, got that crystal clear from post number 1

 

 

/thread
It's just too beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this thread, I am going to devote 2-3 hours everyday doing nothing but dumptrucking and bounty hunting during prime time.

If you want to do missions either suck it up or join the gold district.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played PC in years but there is no way anything like this could ever work. (IF it's still the same, I'm assuming it is because of other various complaints I've read) I refuse to solo, period. So I'm in a financial waiting for my friend to join so we can do missions. District is full (full of people doing missions or people messing around..it doesnt matter). So...this friend spams the district trying to get in. Spends 10-15 minutes doing that until voila, I'm kicked for not doing missions. Then we both say screw it and quit...

 

So essentially if I want to play the game I have to force myself to play in a way I don't enjoy and eventually I'm just going to stop because it's not worth it. Not to mention alienating ANY part of this games small population is not going to do you any favors in the long run. Those people just goofing off driving around and chit chatting might have done missions later providing opp for people, but since they cant enjoy the game the way they want to they have decided to simply not play at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...