Sign in to follow this  
Rynam

About Engine Upgrade

When the new engine will come true,

Do we need to download the whole game ?

Or it'll be just an update to the current one ?

At this time it is not known when the engine upgrade will come but it should be in the new few months.

(speculation): You shouldn't need to download the whole game again, It should update the current game but it will be a big update.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VickyFox said:

At this time it is not known when the engine upgrade will come but it should be in the new few months.

(speculation): You shouldn't need to download the whole game again, It should update the current game but it will be a big update.

Yes lets downvote VickyFox for being right on her answer to the best that us regular players would know *facepalm*

• Like 3

hey i wanna get an downboat

vicky might be right. this engine update is an "update", but they are rebuilding it in a new engine. but i feel like it might just be a whole new download just to avoid further issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

vicky might be right. this engine update is an "update", but they are rebuilding it in a new engine. but i feel like it might just be a whole new download just to avoid further issues. 

It may be healthy to do a total fresh install, Some aspects unfortunately may need the game to be fully reinstalled and that would be out of staff's hands. We just simply don't know.

Normal players do not have a lot of information, Little Orbit staff and SPCT are also under Non-Disclosure Agreements. So it is highly unlikely that any further information will come about till preparations are put into place for Unreal Engine 3.5's implementation.

One would not only hope, but expect Little Orbit to have this transition to be as smooth as possible with the minimal downtime and inconvenience to all.

6 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

One would not only hope, but expect Little Orbit to have this transition to be as smooth as possible with the minimal downtime and inconvenience to all.

i’d be more than happy to trade some downtime for a version of the game that actually functions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i’d be more than happy to trade some downtime for a version of the game that actually functions

is that your way of signaling to not open your door for  "alone time" 😄

hopefully the engine update goes smoothly

we are gonig for 3.5 in steps. so i m pretty sure or they wil give us a new game that we need to redownload everything. where i don't have any problems with

or they gone give everythiing in steps so that we are smootly going to update 1 way of the game and demontage the old game.

Sign in to follow this