Sign in to follow this  
iTzBlackout

[Game] Camera Movement

Camera Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Camera Shake Effects?

• Yes!
    • No!

Hey there! What you guys think about some movement effects for the camera. Currently the camera just follows your character without doing anything.

But in my opinion small shake effects can change the quality of the game a littlebit. As example we could have a tiny shake effect for running and a littlebit

more shake effect for sprinting. Or if you drive your car and ram other objects there could be a small to heavy shake effect based on your speed and

what you actually rammed. Is that maybe something they should look into for UE4?

I found this concept video (which is actually the reason I wrote this suggestion).

Walking: 0:42 / 1:07

Driving: 2:05 / 2:15

• Like 2

People will start complaining into infinity "boo hoo this camera shake made me miss my shots uguu" 

About the video, wasn't the car cam movement a feature in rtw? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, _chain said:

People will start complaining into infinity "boo hoo this camera shake made me miss my shots uguu" 

About the video, wasn't the car cam movement a feature in rtw? 

Yeah It's possible that ppl complain about it. But there might be a way to balance that. For driving as example as driver you cannot shoot anyways. And if you shoot as passenger your drive has to take care about how he drive.

About that video: I found it on a russian website. And according to old RTW videos there was a smooth camera movement for driving around. But no shake effect as example if you hit a object. (e.g. minute 2:15 in the concept video)

just make it an option in the video settings section that way everyone who wants motion sickness can have it

• Like 3

On 12/31/2018 at 5:27 AM, BXNNXD said:

just make it an option in the video settings section that way everyone who wants motion sickness can have it

And 99% of players can turn it off so the dev team wasted all the effort even putting it in in the first place.

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

And 99% of players can turn it off so the dev team wasted all the effort even putting it in in the first place.

options are what apb is all about 

• Like 1

I don't see the point of motion shaking in a third person shooter.

To be honest I don't see the point of head bobbing in First person shooters as your brain compensates for head bobbing affect while you walk, It just seems like a pointless distraction in games.

this is very well done. surprised what it does to alter the gameplay.

i'm prone to motion sickness, but... i must say i'm taken by the movement and smoothness. it does indeed change the presentation of the game.

if this was added to the game, it does feel like it would mechanically alter it enough, that it would provide advantage to those who chose to disable it.

thank you for sharing this @iTzBlackout

Edited by uraputz
  • Like 1

there already is camera shake when you begin sprinting. it's very light but bothers the absolute fuck out of me