jarko

Remote detonator's cooldown

Remote detonator's cooldown  

73 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the cooldown of the remote detonator be raised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Please no; i love abusing of this 1sec cooldown xD!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/21 at 02:21 AM

Is it really 1 second? Thats insane, I had no idea. Would love for it to be increased by alot or even better the mod removed entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raichu said:

Is it really 1 second? Thats insane, I had no idea. Would love for it to be increased by alot or even better the mod removed entirely.

u understand me, i like u.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raichu said:

yeah but unless you have a vehicle it's useless.

Exploitable if the objective is next to a vehicle spawner and the user is allowed to stay alive and constantly respawn a vehicle and reposition that vehicle next to the objective.

Or, you can just blow up any vehicles near the objective that you know the user has RD.

Remote Detonation can 100% be countered if you use grenades/explosives.

Edited by illgot

I don't understand point of this thread. Without car, remote detonator is useless...

car rushing towards .... yeah let's just stay here ....  hey the car is beeping, aw whatever let's just stay here ....  look the dude is jumping out .... let's just stay here

it's fine

Quite amusing how some people here can't comprehend that there is a much better way to use remote det than to drive up to a person and jump out. We all know that that is very predictable and avoidable. The problem arises when someone uses it smart, blocking specific hallways and key points on the map with a pioneer/espacio and then detonating it when convenient. You don't need to average 10 kills a mission with a remote det for it to be considered broken. One smart use can win you the round.

This in itself wouldn't even be a problem, but when there is essentially no cooldown on such an effortless way to kill, it just becomes frustrating to play against. I could admire a smart use of such a mechanic if there were any drawbacks to messing it up, but currently you can just do it over and over, which makes it more annoying than admirable.

26 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Quite amusing how some people here can't comprehend that there is a much better way to use remote det than to drive up to a person and jump out. We all know that that is very predictable and avoidable. The problem arises when someone uses it smart, blocking specific hallways and key points on the map with a pioneer/espacio and then detonating it when convenient. You don't need to average 10 kills a mission with a remote det for it to be considered broken. One smart use can win you the round.

This in itself wouldn't even be a problem, but when there is essentially no cooldown on such an effortless way to kill, it just becomes frustrating to play against. I could admire a smart use of such a mechanic if there were any drawbacks to messing it up, but currently you can just do it over and over, which makes it more annoying than admirable.

Kind of agree but .... it's not too hard to figure out which car that is, and well, you should remember this particular car, after figuring it out. Your opponents can't be too smart for this tactic to be really successful is what I mean.

In my personal opinion this mod just asks for a different type of offensive from your team; a more alert one in open spaces, and like, one guy switching weapons to do hard damage, to counter it, etc. These days people get fed up with having to switch weapons to counter a specific enemy setup though. People pulling out a field supplier gets more rare every day. No idea why that is. Bit lay-z

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, Jazeker said:

Kind of agree but .... it's not too hard to figure out which car that is, and well, you should remember this particular car, after figuring it out. Your opponents can't be too smart for this tactic to be really successful is what I mean.

In my personal opinion this mod just asks for a different type of offensive from your team; a more alert one in open spaces, and like, one guy switching weapons to do hard damage, to counter it, etc. These days people get fed up with having to switch weapons to counter a specific enemy setup though. People pulling out a field supplier gets more rare every day. No idea why that is. Bit lay-z

Well like I said, in itself it's not really a problem. There should just be a cooldown to promote smart usage instead of spamming until it works. Even if you don't die to it and take zero damage, having to dodge a remote det every fight is just annoying in general.