Revolted

Server disconnects me when i try to create a character

I decided to make a new account to see if this would fix the problem but it was no help whenever i try to create a character i get "disconnected" from the server and I am not sure by the way i am on the citadel server but it would disconnect me before i was even able to customize my character and choose a server for me to play on. Some help would really be appreciated as I am attempting to stream this game later on today. Thank you.

Because of this problem, I can’t create a character for 3 days and play. When will there be an update that will solve this problem?

Does this happen at any specific step of the process?

I tried making a new character but didn't have any issues. I'll try it again on a brand new account soon™

That all being said and posted, I got a disconnect when I tried to delete the character, no issue the second time around though

Edited by Kevkof

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

Does this happen at any specific step of the process?

I tried making a new character but didn't have any issues. I'll try it again on a brand new account soon™

That all being said and posted, I got a disconnect when I tried to delete the character, no issue the second time around though

I am disconnecting during character creation. I have 15-20 seconds to create a character, after which an error appears that the connection to the server is lost.

I can not even create a character ... When I'm in the creation screen no matter what I click and so the game nothing in the form does not change after 20 seconds of disconnected.....

I'm having the same issue. Located in NA, and I get kicked and have to log in again after ~15 seconds in the creation screen.

Hi everyone,

We are looking at this issue.

Can I confirm:

- This is happening regardless of region

- This only happens when creating a character

- It started happening recently when we ended Epidemic

Thanks,

Matt

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Can I confirm:

Thanks,

Matt 

Please tell me if there is an approximate time frame for correcting this malfunction?

34 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Are you sure? I've been kicked while sitting in character select for eh, maybe 20 seconds (also happened to a twitch streamer, so it's not just happening to me)

I assume these two things are related, not complaining since it's not a big dealio, just trying to give info to help out 👍

Edited by Archon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Archon said:

Are you sure? I've been kicked while sitting in character select for eh, maybe 20 seconds (also happened to a twitch streamer, so it's not just happening to me)

I assume these two things are related, not complaining since it's not a big dealio, just trying to give info to help out 👍

Same here, just staying in the character selection kicks me out after approximately 20 seconds.

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Can I confirm:

Thanks,

Matt

This is a crucial part of the game since new players are not able to join and play the game.

I've been getting a lot of random disconnects when selecting characters, connecting to the world server or are in the very first district select of the startup. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Archon said:

Noted. I have experienced the same issue.

I will be passing this on 🙂

• Like 1

It can happen quite frequently and almost takes about the same amount of time before it disconnects you.

• Thanks 1

the way i got it working is it seems to only disconnect you in character select or creation so i woild just choose a preset character and quickly create a name for that character and start playing character appearances can be changed in the social district hope.this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Revolted said:

the way i got it working is it seems to only disconnect you in character select or creation so i woild just choose a preset character and quickly create a name for that character and start playing character appearances can be changed in the social district hope.this helps.

Yup it works 😄

Hi everyone,

I believe we fixed this issue today.

Please let me know if it continues to be a problem.

Thanks,
Matt

17 hours ago, Revolted said:

Its still a problem for sone but they used my method and it seems to work 🙂

Just make sure you select the gender you want. That's the only thing you won't be able to change afterwards.

Edited by Kevkof
typo
  • Like 1