Kewlin

Sorry LO, but This Event is a Little Ridiculous.

Is this ridiculous?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should You be Able to get ALL the new Skins?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is it Absurd That you Need to Play Ten out of Fourteen Days the Event is Active?

• Yes
    • No

So first thing's first, Little Orbit, you're seriously releasing an event that requires people to play ten out of fourteen days the event is active? I figure you guys have pretty busy schedules yourself over there, so I thought you'd understand that people like. . . I don't know, sometimes have things they need to do beside playing your game? But nah, apparently that doesn't matter and people should need to play APB nearly every day of the event to get all the rewards. Your grandma just died? Got a wedding to set up? Work twelve hours a few days? You're moving? Your internet or power's out? Well guess what? You don't get to get all the rewards because LO needs you to dedicate time to the event 71% of the days during the event, and if you have more than a few characters just give up and uninstall. (I never quite understood why APB punishes people who pay to have more characters by making all events rewards character bound, but that's beside the point I guess?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about needing to put in effort to get event rewards, what I'm specifically complaining about is the fact that you cannot grind at your own pace, and you instead need to put in a random amount of effort as determined by what daily activity you're assigned nearly every day. (By the way, the difficulty of  the activities is not balanced at all. . . like killing people carrying barrels? Really? That's not even based on skill in any way, that's quite honestly just random luck since people are only ever carrying barrels for like two seconds at a time. But I digress)

Second, this is not confirmed but it would appear that it's very likely the case that you can only get two out of the three event skins. Basically, you get new skins at rank 4 and 8, and Matt Scott said that you need to choose between skins every time you get on so. . . we can assume you only can get two out of three. . . like. . . really LO? Who does this make happier? It's not like this creates any sense of exclusivity, 'cause it's entirely arbitrary.

My personal suggestion to change this would be giving everyone one of the skins for free on login, but if not at least put it in one of the other ranks.

*UPDATE*

Lixil just announced that the next patch will enable everyone who logs in afterwards to get one of the new Halloween skins just for logging in, so we will now be able to get all three skins! Thank you LO, and thank you everyone here for your support!

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Honestly I wished they just did the classic headless horseman event.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

But you don't need 12 hours to complete a daily activity man ...

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

But you don't need 12 hours to complete a daily activity man ...

I'm not sure what you're implying by this, do you care to elaborate?

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I'm not sure what you're implying by this, do you care to elaborate?

Epidemic role needs you to complete 8 daily activites to get the reward that everyone cares about  and doing one per day doesn't take more than 20 minutes maximum

The other roles can be finished on the next year if you didn't finish them .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Epidemic role needs you to complete 8 daily activites to get the reward that everyone cares about  and doing one per day doesn't take more than 20 minutes maximum

The other roles can be finished on the next year if you didn't finish them .

First off, I'm assuming what you're referring to as "the reward that everyone cares about," (which seems kinda' silly for you to decide for everyone by yourself,) and you need to do 10 days, which is completing the role, to get the second skin, as seen here: https://db.apbvault.net/roles/Role0_Halloween_Epidemic_DailyActivities/

Second, saying it takes 20 minutes maximum is quite honestly incorrect: it could easily take an hour or more, perhaps a lot more if you're not a very good player, not to mention many people have multiple characters they'll want to get the rewards on. Not everyone is going to have that time every single day, but they might very well have enough time to do the event if they were allowed to do it. . . not over 10 days.

Third, we have no guarantee that this will be a thing next year, and even if it is. . . that's. . . next year.

So do you have a reason that you think it should be the way it is?

• Like 2

kill 3 barrel carries can literally take all day for some

that daily is hard since no one is holding barrels its only in their cars and doesnt count

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

kill 3 barrel carries can literally take all day for some

that daily is hard since no one is holding barrels its only in their cars and doesnt count

Agreed, that activity should just be straight-up removed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

First off, I'm assuming what you're referring to as "the reward that everyone cares about," (which seems kinda' silly for you to decide for everyone by yourself,) and you need to do 10 days, which is completing the role, to get the second skin, as seen here: https://db.apbvault.net/roles/Role0_Halloween_Epidemic_DailyActivities/

Second, saying it takes 20 minutes maximum is quite honestly incorrect: it could easily take an hour or more, perhaps a lot more if you're not a very good player, not to mention many people have multiple characters they'll want to get the rewards on. Not everyone is going to have that time every single day, but they might very well have enough time to do the event if they were allowed to do it. . . not over 10 days.

Third, we have no guarantee that this will be a thing next year, and even if it is. . . that's. . . next year.

Well i still stand by my point none of the dailies took me more than 20 minutes same for my clan members , and trust me , i am not great at APB (sadly lots of people can confirm)

And im saying that everyone care about those rewards because they're only one that are  probably unique to this event and new While the other roles were already there since the past two years

Also by having multple characters you only make it harder for yourself  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Ketog

Just now, Ketog said:

Well i still stand by my point none of the dailies took me more than 20 minutes same for my clan members , and trust me , i am not great at APB (sadly lots of people can confirm)

And im saying that everyone care about this reward because it's the only one that's  probably unique to this event and new While the other roles were already there since the last two years ,

Also by having multple characters you only make it harder for yourself  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That may be true for you, but that's not what some people I know have experienced. Keep in mind that there are several different activities that vary wildly in "difficulty," different people have different skill levels, (as in there's a such thing as Bronze and Green,) and not everyone has the same skill set even at the same skill level.

You're misinformed, as there are other rewards that are new and unique to this event, I.E. the new primitives and decals.

That's beside the point, especially considering it's basically necessary to have at least two characters if you play APB socially.

crying like a champ. nice one sissy

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

You're misinformed, as there are other rewards that are new and unique to this event, I.E. the new primitives and decals.

Wich are unlocked by the role that requires to do daily activities .

1 minute ago, EMilika said:

crying like a champ. nice one sissy

Since you're so well spoken, I'm curious, what do you have against the idea of making the event more accessible for people who are busy, or allowing players to get all of the skins? I'd like to hear.

Just now, Ketog said:

Wich are unlocked by the role that requires to do daily activities .

What of it? You said there was only thing that people wanted from the event, so informed you of the other things people could want. (Not to mention, some people might want stuff from previous years.) I'm not sure how this is relevant to what I was saying in that particular point.

Anyways, I'm curious, do you have a reason that you think it should be the way it is?

Having to play most of the days is honestly a bit whack, and the activity balance is definitely skewed. If one plays for the rewards (which tbh *is* the main reason to play events) I can see why they'd be pissed

the fact i cant grind it out makes me not wanna even bother

I wouldn't mind even grinding it if the event would be at least fun. I see no fun though in an event where you just place barrels and use up your whole ammo pool on one barrel to disrupt the progress of enemy teams. Also it seems like no one bothers about anything but doing the daily challenges. It's just get to point, die mainly because of passive gas damage (gas mask, hello?), rinse and repeat. I can't play epidemic for more than 20 minutes before I leave. Oh and the extremely annoying fog.

At least in headless horseman the progress of the game as a survivor got me under pressure which was rewarding and fun when most of the district was chasing your arse, and same was while being a pumpkin, the chase of "the one" left alive in the district.

Edited by Latsha
  • Like 2

IM SO f********** mad right now.i completed the challenge and didnt get the title or epidemic role 1.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF im never gonna do the activity again.BS, all that work for nothing.

So people always say how they want new events or more events or anything and now you get one and you complain and cry about it? why do they even bother making stuff if people end up complaining more than anything else so i guess they should just stop making events then lel

• Like 1

So you play a game where you have to capture and pick up and drop items half of the time and say it isnt fun.. flogic i guess

• Thanks 1

its fun on normal missions but not on the dynamic events, headless horsemen event was completely different than this.

• Thanks 1

hes not complaining about the event as much as  he frustrated with the fact rewards are locked behind a daily quest and not something that can be farmed 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Agreed, that activity should just be straight-up removed.

camping their spawn to kill the barrel carriers really felt dirty....

and i still didn't get it from being executed pretty fast lol

Edited by Fortune Runner

2 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

hes not complaining about the event as much as  he frustrated with the fact rewards are locked behind a daily quest and not something that can be farmed 

if you're talking about me, i already completed the daily quest (completely useless never gonna do it again) but it didn't give me the rewards.