Lokislav

Bringing back the old main menu theme - Yay or Nay?

Bringing back the old main menu theme - Yay or Nay?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the old main menu theme make a return?

• Yes
    • No

I'm over nostalgia. I prefer new content

(still though old theme would be nice but not top of the list right now).

Does that make me evil?

25 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I'd really like the current one to be set as the login screen by default, but have an option to swap out for the old menu. The new one is more impressive graphically, and might appeal to new players more; I'd like to be able to quickly go through all the menus and get in game quicker though.

i think the excessive load in time and the dated (at best) graphics take away more than they add, and while music taste is very subjective i think the old background oriented song is far better than potentially annoying (or hurting, depending on volume) players with the current asylum track

plus theres already a far better “hook” with the intro vid imo

• Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:

i think the excessive load in time and the dated (at best) graphics take away more than they add, and while music taste is very subjective i think the old background oriented song is far better than potentially annoying (or hurting, depending on volume) players with the current asylum track

plus theres already a far better “hook” with the intro vid imo

Definitely agree with the music, I just find that having the big chaotic scene at login gives players a pretty good feel of the game. The intro video is great, but feels like too much on every launch. I think it should be there on first launch, but doesn't really have a reason to be there every single time the game is started. I can't seem to recreate it, but many times, it refuses to even let my skip past it. 

50 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

I'm over nostalgia. I prefer new content

(still though old theme would be nice but not top of the list right now).

Does that make me evil?

THIS AIN'T ABOUT NO NOSTALGIA. This is about BETTER vs. WORSE 😠

3 hours ago, Coolmint said:

Except you can, just press enter it'll put you in the game before your character is loaded. I've been doing it forever, works great.

oh my g1, this works! the time saving!

that is awesome, thanks!