TheGingerHobbit

So this is still a thing...

Glad we're back to having actual updates in this game like back in 2011, 2012, where you get a new bug for everything they change in the code.

Anyone remember the mystery of random car spawners disappearing with each patch?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Glad we're back to having actual updates in this game like back in 2011, 2012, where you get a new bug for everything they change in the code.

Anyone remember the mystery of random car spawners disappearing with each patch?

one day we’ll look back on “what can you shoot through this time?” patches and whine about the good old days 
  • Like 1

I'm 100% sure that a part of your hitbox is always slightly sticking through a "1 pixel wide" (flat texture) wall.
that's the reason you sometimes get a red crosshair (with the X that you can't shoot though) when hugging a wall and an opponent is hugging another wall from the same building on the other side. (both corner camping, basically.)
also the reason why you can shoot peoples feet when walking on some glass textures from below. (like the one spot on financial south of the 'mist' club / party island) that leads up to the graffity spray point below the WP towers.)

this isn't really a spot related issue, they have to finetune the hitboxes so they don't stick through flat textures.

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Or that parking building with cars that explode by themselves on random. Especially objective ones.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dopefish said:
1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Or that parking building with cars that explode by themselves on random. Especially objective ones.
And the invisible vehicle corps that you can push onto the ramps to troll people,
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Funnily enough this has been a thing since forever and I believe it basically works on every wall thin enough to push a very slight part of your hitbox through it. 

Clip of the same bug from over a year ago. 
Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

There are several spots like this in Financial too, including solid metal walls and staircases.

Basically what Snub said, I'm guessing this is going to have to do with the fact that they're fully pressed up against a flat plane, and the hitscan probably just doesn't account for hitboxes going through or being in the same place as walls.

Aye this is a case of the hitboxes bleeding through due to them being well..... Pure crap... I am kinda hope that this is one of the thing LO is going to work/fix/improve since Money First couldn't give a rats patootie about fixing that or anything else it's one of the MANY things I hope is on a LONG LONG list of things that need fixed and or improvements on.