Sign in to follow this  
EnragedLlamaTV

Jericho Lag

Are we going to get a confirmation that LO realizes there is an issue on Jericho? Game is in shambles for about a week now and i'd really like to get to play a mission without a car locking up a direction, teleporting multiple feet forward or backward. Cleanly open doors. Or even get in a firefight without people teleporting/dodging like its the matrix.

There isnt a player ive spoke too that hasnt had this issue. Would be nice for LO to at least acknowledge there is a problem and at minimum give the server a restart in the mean time until they actually resolve the issue.

• Like 1

They said they turned DDos Mitigation On. I don't know what that means entirely, but I presume it has something to do with preventing folks from DDossing them. Unfortunately, this has a negative effect on the servers--which is why you're locking up all the time. Everyone has been experiencing it. This last weekend was a nightmare to try and play in.

Not to get in-depth but; A DDOS attack may or may not be easy to mitigate depending on the size of the attack and the ability of the service provider. They also have to sort out the legit IPs from the proxies and the hacked ones. It's time consuming but something that most company have/had to deal with.

• Thanks 1

iirc they’ve also said they potentially have a different system that’s floating around in idea form

It really isnt that difficult to deal with DDoS attacks. And a mitigation service that allows the servers to be able to logged into but nearly unplayable without disruption isnt an acceptable alternative. Packet verification services have existed for the last 10 years for a reason. I doubt anyone would complain at an extra 10 MS to have a playable game.

Additionally, the GM in Social confirmed yesterday it is not a DDoS attack and has heard no verification of it from the networking team. Nor did they acknowledge that there is even currently an issue. Hints this posts creation atleast confirming that they even acknowledge there is an issue in jericho beyond that shrugged off response from Matt in the QnA.

13 minutes ago, EnragedLlamaTV said:

It really isnt that difficult to deal with DDoS attacks. And a mitigation service that allows the servers to be able to logged into but nearly unplayable without disruption isnt an acceptable alternative. Packet verification services have existed for the last 10 years for a reason. I doubt anyone would complain at an extra 10 MS to have a playable game.

Additionally, the GM in Social confirmed yesterday it is not a DDoS attack and has heard no verification of it from the networking team. Nor did they acknowledge that there is even currently an issue. Hints this posts creation atleast confirming that they even acknowledge there is an issue in jericho beyond that shrugged off response from Matt in the QnA.

This thread in server status literally confirms it's a DDoS attack that they've been mitigating for some time.

Your packet verification approach has a lot of overhead. Even with tACLs and uRPF (depending on the switches their Network providers use) attacks of large scale 50 gigabit+ are often not simple to mitigate. Cisco IOS can be a finnicky mistress if improperly configured (went with Cisco as they make up nearly all major switching for mid-tier providers). It's often not a 10 Ms difference. It's usually a 25-30 MS difference with partial packet loss as individual packets are dropped when filtered due to a number of issues between your ISP and the game servers.

I.E. all these folks saying it should be fixed ASAP likely have never dealt with a DDoS attack outside of their Minecraft server and a little booter. 

Look at all major companies that still get brought down by synfloods and the sorts. It's a problem that plagues even the largest Network providers.

• Like 2

If it looks like mitigation and it feels like mitigation, I really hope its mitigation.

Hi guys,

I have posted my response here.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 2

Jericho is getting hit hard Now and Then with packet loss I'm getting from 1-12 in packet loss and Ping goes up to around 200+ms too.

Edited by TR3NT

Well hopefully this gets fixed soon, I feel bad for Little Orbit they got a steaming hot mess dropped on their laps by G1, really hope Karma tears G1 a new one for that.